u.s. politics: a cruel and unusual government

all swedes are racist

Just now, James Arryn said:

You seem to be fine being 100% about the mob attacking him based on the same sources you find ~ about his behaviour. Odd, that.

The "crowd parted as he moved forward" and then he put it in reverse, accelerated and "the crowd parted as he moved forward". 100% the same and no evidence of intent (other than a conscious choice to change direction backwards for at least a block -- common, very safe maneuver that). He just felt like going in reverse would be a safer move for himself and the protesters. Nothingburger.

/smh

15 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Bannon plotting primaries against slate of GOP incumbents
The effort threatens to drain millions from party coffers that could be used against Democrats.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/10/bannon-gop-primaries-mcconnell-trump-242522

A year ago I would have chuckled and said good that will help Dems win most of those seats against Bannon candidates that won the primaries.

Today I see a Congress full of Alex Joneses, Steve Bannons, and Richard Spencers and I shudder.

8 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

A year ago I would have chuckled and said good that will help Dems win most of those seats against Bannon candidates that won the primaries.

Today I see a Congress full of Alex Joneses, Steve Bannons, and Richard Spencers and I shudder.

I've actually envisioned a Limbaugh or Jones Presidency, mostly if Trump were martyred. 

Thanks Obama.

Bannon: Trump Sucks Up to Putin So He Can Help the Inner Cities

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/09/bannon-trump-sucks-up-to-putin-so-he-can-help-inner-cities.html

“Why would you let someone bring an AR-15 to a hate rally?” former FBI supervisory special agent James Gagliano asked. “It’s absolute insanity.”

Antifa, white supremacists exploit loose gun laws
Authorities gird for explosive clashes between heavily armed extremists in American cities.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/11/antifa-white-supremacists-exploit-gun-laws-242506

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

You're never running, Many? Maybe you're the hero we need.

Not the hero we need, but the hero the lazy, meme-obsessed public deserves.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Bannon plotting primaries against slate of GOP incumbents
The effort threatens to drain millions from party coffers that could be used against Democrats.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/10/bannon-gop-primaries-mcconnell-trump-242522

Read somewhere recently that Mercer - and more importantly his daughter who seems to be the one throwing the money around - wants "to beat" the Koch brothers.  If that's an ideological schism (and I think it is) it's quite an interesting one.  Anyway, hardly surprising Bannon is going after Flake or Heller (or even Corker if he doesn't retire).  Guess Wicker is a little much, but Bannon has a point that the Alabama primary could be a boon:

A Strange loss would be an embarrassment for McConnell and open the floodgates for other GOP primary challenges, Bannon has argued.

Evaluating the Steele Dossier -- the methodolgy for evaluating its usefulness  is much like what librarians employ (as well as other criteria), for evaluating the reliability and value of information sources -- access is also part of the evaluation process for librarians.

In CIA’s clandestine service, we spent by far the bulk of our work finding, recruiting and validating sources. Before we would ever consider disseminating an intelligence report, we would move heaven and earth to understand the access, reliability, trustworthiness, motivation, and dependability of our source. We believe it is critical to validate the source before we can validate the reliability of the source’s information. How does the source know about what he/she is reporting? How did the source get the information? Who are his/her sub-sources? What do we know about the sub-sources? Why is the source sharing the information? Is the source a serious person who has taken appropriate measures to protect their efforts?

It also seems these are the steps that GOT fans use to evaluate leaked information too. :D :cheers:

53 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Antifa, white supremacists exploit loose gun laws
Authorities gird for explosive clashes between heavily armed extremists in American cities.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/11/antifa-white-supremacists-exploit-gun-laws-242506

It seemed obvious that the huge difference between how things rolled in Boston vs Charlottesville is that Virginia is an open carry state and Massachusetts not only doesn't have open carry, but stricter gun restriction laws across the board, that include strict control over non-residents having weapons, even for hunting, having possession of shotguns, etc.

23 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Not the hero we need, but the hero the lazy, meme-obsessed public deserves.

That may well be, but I choose not to run. Way too much work, way too much responsibility. That job would kill me. I'd take some sort of plush, corner office job in the administration of a President that had a good sense of humor. Minister of Meme Generation or somesuch nonsense.

30 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That may well be, but I choose not to run. Way too much work, way too much responsibility. That job would kill me.

You're not getting off that easy.  I will continue to champion your cause as the voice of the lazy, the beacon of the languid, and the idol of the idle, until I hear a much more Shermanesque statement:

(Incidentally, what I quoted above is pretty close to exactly what LBJ was saying.)

28 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

You're not getting off that easy.  I will continue to champion your cause as the voice of the lazy, the beacon of the languid, and the idol of the idle, until I hear a much more Shermanesque statement:

(Incidentally, what I quoted above is pretty close to exactly what LBJ was saying.)

Well let's just say that unlike the current residence of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, I'm a man with a firm grasp of my limitations. 

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Not much of note has been corroborated from the Steele dossier.  The FBI and Mueller are digging through it, so if there's anything of note in the dossier I'm sure we'll eventually hear about it.  I'm skeptical though that the dossier will lead to Trump's impeachment and removal.  I can still see Trump getting impeached, but I doubt it will be from anything in the dossier.

7 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Not much of note has been corroborated from the Steele dossier.  The FBI and Mueller are digging through it, so if there's anything of note in the dossier I'm sure we'll eventually hear about it.  I'm skeptical though that the dossier will lead to Trump's impeachment and removal.  I can still see Trump getting impeached, but I doubt it will be from anything in the dossier.

Did you read the piece?

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That may well be, but I choose not to run. Way too much work, way too much responsibility. That job would kill me. I'd take some sort of plush, corner office job in the administration of a President that had a good sense of humor. Minister of Meme Generation or somesuch nonsense.

What's the minimum bribe you would accept should you gain this position? I hate overpaying on my bribes. 

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

What's the minimum bribe you would accept should you gain this position? I hate overpaying on my bribes. 

I'm going to set the bar low here and shoot for quantity. Let's say 20 bucks? A nice bottle of tequila or scotch? (Single malt, please, none of that blended shit)

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Well let's just say that unlike the current residence of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, I'm a man with a firm grasp of my limitations. 

That was self-evident on Friday night’s draft.

:P

Archived