If Just One Could Survive, Whom Would You Choose: Arya or Sansa?

AEJON TARGARYEN

I think Arya undoubtedly deserves to live more based on what we have read so far. She was basically a "better" person. Empathetic, caring, open minded, unbiased, and brave, whereas Sansa was a bit silly, selfish and narrow minded. However their arcs are moving away in opposite directions from where they started. Sansa has learned humility and become much less naive while Arya has become cold, hardened and vengeful. If they continue this way, in another book I suspect I would probably reverse my decision.

I care more about this story than I do about either Sansa or Arya or any other character within it.

The way to end Arya's arc her in death is almost too obvious, so I'm more curious to see how GRRM could satisfyingly end Sansa's arc in her death. So, I vote for Arya's survival. Sorry, Sansa.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:37 PM, The Fattest Leech said:

This thread is evil and stinks of elderberries :devil:

Somebody is descended from a hamster as well. D

My first thought was Arya--and that's mostly because Sansa annoyed the heck out of me until she became Alayne--but it really depends on how everything plays out. 

If there isn't a way for Arya to come back from the brink of the dark abyss into which she stands a good chance of falling, then she should die--preferably in a badass and saving-others sort of way. Arya is better suited to surviving the coming Long Night (stab, stab, kill, kill), but Sansa is better suited to surviving after the Long Night is over and helping to rebuild (coalition building, getting others to do the work) .

On the other hand, if Sansa learns how to play the game too well there will be no coming back from her own abyss and she should die. Looked at in this light, Sansa is the best able to survive the Long Night (negotiate, trade, find someone stronger to keep you safe) and Arya is better suited to rebuild (getting by without the physical comforts, working hard, depending on herself).

So basically I think the answer to the question is yes.

Wow tough Sansa is shaping up to be a political heavy weight that will be a great benefit to House stark and with Ned's solidification in the north that is fearsome. On the other hand would not hurt to have someone that can infiltrate places to get rid of enemies. Man tough but Arya for me just can't get over sansa still siding with the lannisters after they killed her wolf.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:16 PM, TRILOGY said:

Who is the most likely to survive? Who do you want to survive? 

They both have had their own survival struggles. It's difficult for me to make a decision about this. One is a child and the other a young teen.

What I think is, that Martin is going to let them both live and throw a bunch obstacles & shite in their direction.

Archived