Davos the Dragonslayer

Who will be accused for Kevan's and Pycelle's death?

48 posts in this topic

Who will be accused for Kevan's and Pycelle's death? Does Varys have plan for it?

Edited by Grazdan zo Azer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is hoping Cersei believes it is the Tyrells (with Tyrion) and the Tyrells believing it is Cersei.

Quote

"I thought the crossbow fitting. You shared so much with Lord Tywin, why not that? Your niece will think the Tyrells had you murdered, mayhaps with the connivance of the Imp. The Tyrells will suspect her. Someone somewhere will find a way to blame the Dornishmen. Doubt, division, and mistrust will eat the very ground beneath your boy king, whilst Aegon raises his banner above Storm's End and the lords of the realm gather round him."

 

Edited by Makk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Makk said:

He is hoping Cersei believes it is the Tyrells (with Tyrion) and the Tyrells believing it is Cersei.

 

WHAT ABOUT THE DORNISH, let aloen don't forget his wife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends who takes the first move. If Cersei then the Tyrells are blaimed , if the Tyrells act first then Cersei gets the blame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grazdan zo Azer said:

Who will be accused for Kevan's and Pycelle's death? Does Varys have plan for it?

Tormund's Member obvs....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tyrells.

Not only does this get Cersei back into paranoid crazy mode, but it makes Margaery look guilty because the star witness against her was Pycelle. It doesn't really matter that his full testimony might actually have cleared Margaery, because no one but Pycelle would have known that little bit of information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Makk said:

He is hoping Cersei believes it is the Tyrells (with Tyrion) and the Tyrells believing it is Cersei.

 

The quote says it all everyone will blame everyone, they will also be looking over their shoulder worried about who is next, if you think someone is killing off the small council and you might be next it makes sense to strike first.

If Qyburn has no answers he will become a suspect too it is very insidious what Varys is doing, removing reason and cooperation and leaving fear and doubt in its place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a guess who will be the new Grand Maester? Because the Citadel has to send somebody.  The new Small Council could get very, very interesting. We'll have a new GM, we'll have Nymeria Sand, we'll have either Cersei or someone else as Regent. Who is the Hand right now? Mathis Rowan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2017 at 9:34 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The Tyrells.

Not only does this get Cersei back into paranoid crazy mode, but it makes Margaery look guilty because the star witness against her was Pycelle. It doesn't really matter that his full testimony might actually have cleared Margaery, because no one but Pycelle would have known that little bit of information.

   Yes, congratulations. I understood why the Spider had Kevan killed' he explained that himself. I had not understood, however, why he had the Archmaester killed. You are right it will make the Tyrells look even more guilty because he told to the Court before Cersei that he was giving Moon Tea to Margery. He won't be able to testify now and that will probably absolve her before the Faith's Judgment. The Spider is worse than Littlefinger man. Devious indeed. I do hope however that he manages or aids for the Fall of the Lannisters now in power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 8:35 PM, HallowedMarcus said:

   Yes, congratulations. I understood why the Spider had Kevan killed' he explained that himself. I had not understood, however, why he had the Archmaester killed. You are right it will make the Tyrells look even more guilty because he told to the Court before Cersei that he was giving Moon Tea to Margery. He won't be able to testify now and that will probably absolve her before the Faith's Judgment. The Spider is worse than Littlefinger man. Devious indeed. I do hope however that he manages or aids for the Fall of the Lannisters now in power.

Thank you.

I think it will have the opposite effect. Just as Cersei will think the Tyrells had him killed, so with the Faith. And that line of thinking includes her not only being guilty, but her family knowing she's guilty and killing a witness to try and get the trial dismissed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersei will blame Tyrion in a conspiracy with the Tyrells.

The Tyrells will blame Cersei.

I am unsure who the Faith will blame. Sure, on the one hand, Pycelle not being able to be present and testify will probably help Margaery's defense. On the other, Kevan is the one standing between Cersei and power.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2017 at 4:24 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

Tormund's Member obvs....

Nay, a crossbow is considered a coward's weapon. Tormund's member is many things but a coward is not one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still the Dornish, Reachmen, or Tyrion

Can anyone offer anything to suggest otherwise? If you can we need to see your evidence of Ned being alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 8:17 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Does anyone have a guess who will be the new Grand Maester? Because the Citadel has to send somebody.  The new Small Council could get very, very interesting. We'll have a new GM, we'll have Nymeria Sand, we'll have either Cersei or someone else as Regent. Who is the Hand right now? Mathis Rowan?

Mace is the current Hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spider has always been the most intriguing character in the series to me. I remember how in awe I was with this scene on my first read through. We haven't seen the man in basically two whole books and out of nowhere he pops up to create utter chaos in the Red Keep (without anyone ever knowing he had a hand in it).

I love this guy. 

Edited by Foot_Of_The_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersei will assume that the Tyrells (mostly Olenna and Mace) killed Kevan to undermine the Lannisters, and Pycelle to prevent him from testifying against Margaery. And of course, she'll think they're in league with Tyrion.

The Tyrells will think Cersei killed Kevan and Pycelle in retaliation for her Walk of Shame, and as a way to come back into power. Seeing as Cersei had recently sent Balon Swann to Dorne, the Tyrells will probably also be the ones to think the Dornish played a part as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyrion has a motive and history with Pycelle. Cersei will just add Kevan on there to wrap things up nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Tormund's member is many things but a coward is not one of them. 

It is known!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Nay, a crossbow is considered a coward's weapon. Tormund's member is many things but a coward is not one of them. 

True 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now