Who will be accused for Kevan's and Pycelle's death?

He is hoping Cersei believes it is the Tyrells (with Tyrion) and the Tyrells believing it is Cersei.

"I thought the crossbow fitting. You shared so much with Lord Tywin, why not that? Your niece will think the Tyrells had you murdered, mayhaps with the connivance of the Imp. The Tyrells will suspect her. Someone somewhere will find a way to blame the Dornishmen. Doubt, division, and mistrust will eat the very ground beneath your boy king, whilst Aegon raises his banner above Storm's End and the lords of the realm gather round him."

The Tyrells.

Not only does this get Cersei back into paranoid crazy mode, but it makes Margaery look guilty because the star witness against her was Pycelle. It doesn't really matter that his full testimony might actually have cleared Margaery, because no one but Pycelle would have known that little bit of information.

5 hours ago, Makk said:

He is hoping Cersei believes it is the Tyrells (with Tyrion) and the Tyrells believing it is Cersei.

The quote says it all everyone will blame everyone, they will also be looking over their shoulder worried about who is next, if you think someone is killing off the small council and you might be next it makes sense to strike first.

If Qyburn has no answers he will become a suspect too it is very insidious what Varys is doing, removing reason and cooperation and leaving fear and doubt in its place.

Does anyone have a guess who will be the new Grand Maester? Because the Citadel has to send somebody.  The new Small Council could get very, very interesting. We'll have a new GM, we'll have Nymeria Sand, we'll have either Cersei or someone else as Regent. Who is the Hand right now? Mathis Rowan?

On 07/09/2017 at 9:34 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The Tyrells.

Not only does this get Cersei back into paranoid crazy mode, but it makes Margaery look guilty because the star witness against her was Pycelle. It doesn't really matter that his full testimony might actually have cleared Margaery, because no one but Pycelle would have known that little bit of information.

Yes, congratulations. I understood why the Spider had Kevan killed' he explained that himself. I had not understood, however, why he had the Archmaester killed. You are right it will make the Tyrells look even more guilty because he told to the Court before Cersei that he was giving Moon Tea to Margery. He won't be able to testify now and that will probably absolve her before the Faith's Judgment. The Spider is worse than Littlefinger man. Devious indeed. I do hope however that he manages or aids for the Fall of the Lannisters now in power.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:35 PM, HallowedMarcus said:

Yes, congratulations. I understood why the Spider had Kevan killed' he explained that himself. I had not understood, however, why he had the Archmaester killed. You are right it will make the Tyrells look even more guilty because he told to the Court before Cersei that he was giving Moon Tea to Margery. He won't be able to testify now and that will probably absolve her before the Faith's Judgment. The Spider is worse than Littlefinger man. Devious indeed. I do hope however that he manages or aids for the Fall of the Lannisters now in power.

Thank you.

I think it will have the opposite effect. Just as Cersei will think the Tyrells had him killed, so with the Faith. And that line of thinking includes her not only being guilty, but her family knowing she's guilty and killing a witness to try and get the trial dismissed.

Cersei will blame Tyrion in a conspiracy with the Tyrells.

The Tyrells will blame Cersei.

I am unsure who the Faith will blame. Sure, on the one hand, Pycelle not being able to be present and testify will probably help Margaery's defense. On the other, Kevan is the one standing between Cersei and power.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:17 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Does anyone have a guess who will be the new Grand Maester? Because the Citadel has to send somebody.  The new Small Council could get very, very interesting. We'll have a new GM, we'll have Nymeria Sand, we'll have either Cersei or someone else as Regent. Who is the Hand right now? Mathis Rowan?

Mace is the current Hand. 

The Spider has always been the most intriguing character in the series to me. I remember how in awe I was with this scene on my first read through. We haven't seen the man in basically two whole books and out of nowhere he pops up to create utter chaos in the Red Keep (without anyone ever knowing he had a hand in it).

I love this guy. 

Cersei will assume that the Tyrells (mostly Olenna and Mace) killed Kevan to undermine the Lannisters, and Pycelle to prevent him from testifying against Margaery. And of course, she'll think they're in league with Tyrion.

The Tyrells will think Cersei killed Kevan and Pycelle in retaliation for her Walk of Shame, and as a way to come back into power. Seeing as Cersei had recently sent Balon Swann to Dorne, the Tyrells will probably also be the ones to think the Dornish played a part as well. 

Archived