One last big twist in Season 8?

btfu806

1 hour ago, MrJay said:

Am I the only one who didn't feel anything when Hodor died?

I get why it's tragic. I feel that Bran was kind of a jerk for what he did and I feel for the man in that regard, bit the whole "Hold the Door = Hodor" thing struck me as funny. Yes I laughed. 

I think most people took it a effective, but I do know other people besides you who laughed.

Really, D&D must have known they were flying close to the sun by almost exactly repeating the infamous "Narm" scene from Six Feet Under.

Also, imagine watching that scene in another language. A friend of mine sent me the Czech subtitles: "Drž ty dveře! Drž dveře! Drž dveře! Dždvře! Hodor!" Even if you have no idea how to pronounce Czech, it's pretty obvious how badly that works.

4 hours ago, MrJay said:

I wouldn't say I didn't feel anything, but it was little more than a "Awww...Hodor".

I can fully understand why people would laugh during that scene though, the whole thing was slightly bizarre. 

4 hours ago, MrJay said:

I get why it's tragic. I feel that Bran was kind of a jerk for what he did and I feel for the man in that regard, bit the whole "Hold the Door = Hodor" thing struck me as funny. Yes I laughed. 

I was kinda upset with the whole time travel thing/paradox and wondering how GRRM would write his way out of it or explain it. 

so I didn't feel anything because I was so annoyed with it.

5 hours ago, MrJay said:

Probably not the only one but def. probably in the minority. 

Generally speaking that is regarded as one of the best episodes. Currently on IMDB its the 6th highest rated episode. So would guess for most people who enjoyed the episode the whole sequence worked and not as comedy. 

But who knows. Maybe people liked it so much cause it was hilarious. 

10 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I wouldn't say I didn't feel anything, but it was little more than a "Awww...Hodor".

I can fully understand why people would laugh during that scene though, the whole thing was slightly bizarre. 

Heh, yeah. It really was a screwy scene, wasn't it? Frankly, I thought it weird enough that a cave had a backdoor. Still, the episode and emotional impact were certainly enough to distract me from most of the flaws. I actually was sad when Hodor died though I wouldn't say I bawled my eyes out.

Killing Summer, on the other hand...

2 hours ago, Hajk1984 said:

One possible twist would be the "Death itself will bend the knee" part of the Azor Ahai prophecy. Could the Army of the dead and the Night's King actually end up bending the knee? That would be a twist.

That'd be pretty cool.

5 hours ago, Hajk1984 said:

One possible twist would be the "Death itself will bend the knee" part of the Azor Ahai prophecy. Could the Army of the dead and the Night's King actually end up bending the knee? That would be a twist.

not sure this makes thematic sense in the show.

death bending the knee to life would be like mankind becoming immortal which wouldn't jibe with the idea that "all men must die" 

but... would be funny to see the NK bend the new to Cersei.... she would tell Euron sorry bro but I found a better marriage partner. 

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

but... would be funny to see the NK bend the new to Cersei.... she would tell Euron sorry bro but I found a better marriage partner. 

And at that point he would stab her in the chest and twist his dagger...which would be the last big twist in season 8. ;)

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

And at that point he would stab her in the chest and twist his dagger...which would be the last big twist in season 8. ;)

Lol. Knowing him he might be twising more than his knife. 

King Euron... it is known. 

Jon and Dany both died. Their daughter Lyanna became Queen of 7K, and Tyrion is her Regent, and Queen's Hand.

Last big twist - several years later, there will appear rumors that, there are dragons in Essos, and they are ruled by a Dothraki boy <- Rhaego, son of Dany and khal Drogo.

Sequel of GOT - Rhaego will come to Westeros to conquer 7K, but instead he will mary with his half-sister Lyanna, and they will rule together.

(Though I'm hoping, that I'm wrong about all of it ^_^)

9 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Jon and Dany both died. Their daughter Lyanna became Queen of 7K, and Tyrion is her Regent, and Queen's Hand.

Last big twist - several years later, there will appear rumors that, there are dragons in Essos, and they are ruled by a Dothraki boy <- Rhaego, son of Dany and khal Drogo.

Sequel of GOT - Rhaego will come to Westeros to conquer 7K, but instead he will mary with his half-sister Lyanna, and they will rule together.

lol... me too :D

8 hours ago, Megorova said:

Meh, I don't believe any of this will happen and I certainly hope it doesn't.

We already have two young Targaryens on the show that we've developed a relation too, can relate with and (mostly) like.
I don't really see a point in having them killed only to be replaced by two other Targaryens that we dont have developed a relation to, nor ever will because the series will end before we actually can. It would be a super-lame ending imo.

6 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Meh, I don't believe any of this will happen and I certainly hope it doesn't.

We already have two young Targaryens on the show that we've developed a relation too, can relate with and (mostly) like.
I don't really see a point in having them killed only to be replaced by two other Targaryens that we dont have developed a relation to, nor ever will because the series will end before we actually can. It would be a super-lame ending imo.

Yea. Also there is no analysis of the show backing it up. No actual quotes from the story, reference to screen transitions, shot analysis, meta analayis etc. 

Without those things it is just pure ungrounded spit balling and fan fiction masquerading as a prediction. 

On 4/10/2017 at 6:23 PM, Megorova said:

That false plot has already been refuted.

Archived