Which historical figure would you like to know more about?

BBBaratheon

We have encountered many intriguing stories and historical figures within the story of ASOIAF like Durran's Godgrief, Lann the Clever, Bran the Builder, etc. Which would you like to see more story or legend about? 

For me it would be Ser Clarence Crabb. I would love to hear more about a knight so big and heavy he had to ride an Aurochs. Cracklaw also seems like a wild place with warring clans out of reach of the more civilized structures of the Seven Kingdoms, much like the Highlands of Scotland.

He sounds like a giant strongman even bigger than Gregor Clegane but a lot more interesting since he for a time conquered Cracklaw point(a seemingly unconquerable place) and the story of his witch wife and the Whispers is cool.

After him, I thank Bran the Builder would be the one I would love to hear more about.

3 minutes ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

I just want a book about Robert's Rebellion

Me too, but I take it that GRRM doesn't like to write stories about outcomes that are well established. I think I saw an interview where he said it confines the types of twists and turns he likes as part of the narrative.

13 minutes ago, BBBaratheon said:

Me too, but I take it that GRRM doesn't like to write stories about outcomes that are well established. I think I saw an interview where he said it confines the types of twists and turns he likes as part of the narrative.

He also specifically said he doesn't want to write the story of Robert's Rebellion because you'll already know all the most interesting things by the end of ASoIaF.

But of course we may get the Maester's-eye view of it in Fire and Blood Part III or something if he doesn't get sick of writing those.

29 minutes ago, BBBaratheon said:

We have encountered many intriguing stories and historical figures within the story of ASOIAF like Durran's Godgrief, Lann the Clever, Bran the Builder, etc. Which would you like to see more story or legend about? 

For me it would be Ser Clarence Crabb. I would love to hear more about a knight so big and heavy he had to ride an Aurochs. Cracklaw also seems like a wild place with warring clans out of reach of the more civilized structures of the Seven Kingdoms, much like the Highlands of Scotland.

Squichers! :eek:

There are so many characters, let's see...

Bloodraven (and please, a bit of Raven's Teeth as well)

Dunk & Egg (I know, too recent and nothing like Bran the Builder etc, but still)

Galladon of Morne

Joramun

King Jon Stark, who raised the Wolf's Den and king Brandon Stark, who gave the slavers to the slaves when he retook the WD.

Nymeria

There's a ton more... :o

Lysandro Rogare could be fun. I'd like to see how Free Cities intrigue compares and contrasts with Westerosi. And you've got two great side stories with his brother marrying Aliandra Martell and then his daughter marrying Prince Viserys and getting involved in the intrigues of the Aegon III regency.

Although GRRM would probably have to develop the economics of his world a bit better to write about the central figure in the fight between the two great banks.

46 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

And anyone who disappeared, never to return.

Brandon the Shipwright would be great.

Nobody ever heard from him again, and we're unlikely to see any other stories across the Sunset Sea in the near future, so GRRM would have total freedom to go crazy with both the story and the worldbuilding.

Tommen II Lannister who sailed to the ruins of Valyria for plunder and never returned and with him were lost his great fleet and the Valyrian sword Brightroar. 

Also Shiera Seastar.  I'd like to know how much sorcery she actually delved into and what kind of antics she and Bloodraven got up to. 

On 9/8/2017 at 3:34 PM, BBBaratheon said:

Qhored I Hoare.

Daenys the Dreamer. After re-reading AWOIAF, I'm very interested in her. We know that she predicted the doom of Valyria, but what else did she predict? What happened to the book of visions she wrote? Could it possibly be important in  the future? I'm sure we'll know more once Fire and Blood comes out.

2 hours ago, simplyredqueen said:

Daenys the Dreamer. After re-reading AWOIAF, I'm very interested in her. We know that she predicted the doom of Valyria, but what else did she predict? What happened to the book of visions she wrote? Could it possibly be important in  the future? I'm sure we'll know more once Fire and Blood comes out.

I think she is one of the most important characters in the expanded universe. She didn't "predict" per se, but she foresaw. I'd like to know how she foresaw the doom some dozen years before it happened. And she must have been quite gifted and powerful in the art. Indeed, it would be interesting to know about the other visions she saw, if any. 

What about these:

Original Azhor Ahai (central mystery solved!) 

The Night's King

The first Faceless Man/Men

Rhaegar Targaryen (his readings mainly and what book he read to make him suddenly sad/disappointed) 

Rhaenys Targeryen (did she really die with her dragon or survive on Dorne?)

Archived