Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HouseFrancis93

The Red Wedding "Omens?"

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so I've browsed and posted here very infrequently but i'm on a 3rd re read and I think we can all agree the Red Wedding had some serious omens I guess you could call it? The references to the petty arrogant and angry manner of Lord Walder, and various other things. I know this topic in itself is kind of pointlessly petty but it really stuck with me in curiosity so... Well first off what omens do you guy see or kind of foreshadowing before the wedding's untimely end? 

I personally am wondering when in Storm of Swords, Caetlyns chapter when shit hits the fan... she mentinos the mucisians are not very good. She mentions the music is terrible, and wonders at Walder Freys hearing, judging by how badly the music...

So in my opinion this is because they are musicians they are mercenaries, or soldiers or something, judging by the fact they.. you know whip out crossbows and kill people? not that crossbows were the hardest weapons to master... but you still wouldn't want those trained in the creative music art to try and kill the deadliest northmen in the hall, with a weapon that requires a long reload?

So A) i just wanted to ask your opinion on the idea that THATS why Martin keeps referring to the music being bad, and B] (sorry going from ) to } but a B) shows up when you do B ) lol) what other omins and foreshadowing you all saw

So i guess my main curiosity is "IS the focus on the musicians to highlight they ARENT musicians but soldiers? Bad music, a famous Frey known for his music won't be playing, and again, CONSTANT mention of reasons the music is poor?