AlaskanSandman

Jon and Dany, true identities, from birth into hiding.

103 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Ahhh nice.

Still, best and only clue. The bulk of the evidence is built around Eddard being Jon's father. You have to do time calculations, logical leaps of reason, and deductions through the tales told and the discrepancies with in them. I obviously believe Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna, just saying for everyone clinging to only things out right stated in the text, that even Rhaegar and Lyanna is not out right stated in the text. It's all in the little clues. Even you quote alone isn't enough to prove Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna, you need all the other circumstantial evidence to make a case.

This is what i believe i have done. Through just quotes in the text, and quotes of Martin, shown that there is room to believe Dany is the child of Ashara Dayne by a Targ. Eddard only fathered his 5 kids and was honorable to Cat. 

No, now it's one of two clues, along with crying at Rhaegar's song. As well as other hints about Lyanna's character and wilful nature, we know that she had a mind of her own.

It seems that no matter what evidence is presented from the actual texts you disregard it as not significant, but your own theories are based on what's not in the books. It's just going around in circles because you still haven't shown any clues that Dany isn't the child of Aerys and Rhaella, born on Dragonstone nine moons or so after the Sack of KL.

44 minutes ago, maudisdottir said:

No, now it's one of two clues, along with crying at Rhaegar's song. As well as other hints about Lyanna's character and wilful nature, we know that she had a mind of her own.

It seems that no matter what evidence is presented from the actual texts you disregard it as not significant, but your own theories are based on what's not in the books. It's just going around in circles because you still haven't shown any clues that Dany isn't the child of Aerys and Rhaella, born on Dragonstone nine moons or so after the Sack of KL.

You are going in circles, thank you.

Those are still two circumstantial clues and nothing out right. This is silly. Now we wanna debate the clues on Lyanna? Way off topic.

And what evidence am i disregarding from the text?????? You dont agree, then move along. Im not here to convince you buddy. I can sleep at night if you never see it and never agree.

And do some math, Dany wasn't conceived a month before the sack of K.L. and born 9 moons later. That'd make her 10 months old at birth. It took Eddard 2 weeks to come down from the Trident, means it took Rhaegar at least 2 weeks to get up to the Trident. Aery's rape happened before Rhaegar left.

Information on her summer storm being terrible doesn't line up with autumn storms being more constant while Winter ones are the worst? Targarayen fleet was destroyed at anchorage yet, Darry's boat was ok? Storm so bad it wrecked Dragonstone but didn't hurt the fleet at K.L.? The same Dragonstone and Braavos that doesn't have Lemon Tree's or a Red Door (Stop, Matin has already brought fan's attention to this hinting that they're in the right direction), the fact that Dany speaks High Valyrian and Viserys cant even seem to speak bastard Valyrian, the fact that Dany's memories contradict what Viserys tells her. The fact that Visery's tale differs from Jamies.

There have been many clues laid out, some of which are covered under her later years, not covered here. Either way, again, im ok if you disagree though. 

You act like fact''s regarding Lyanna and Rhaegar were just so obvious, but it wasn't and i seriously doubt you figured it out with out seeing a forum talk about R+L=J.  Even the lead in post shows Elio and Linda unsure for awhile about Rhaegar and Lyanna. But sure, you must have been the only one here seeing those oh so obvious clues. Please, i dont buy it. I bet the original poster of that theory got a ration of argument's just like these. 

The idea of Dany not being who she thinks she is does not start with me either. This is an old idea alottttt of people have. Whether you see it or not, im in no way reaching. 

ARRRRGGGGGGGG

ok, i just wasted an hour trying to update the post just to have it get deleted. Will take me a min to redo.

That being said, as a side note, it just struck me that the Ser Willem Darry Dany remembers may actually be Illyrio or Varys. Though id guess Illyrio judging by his weight and stink. This is all evidence that helps figure Dany out, so i wanna include everything. 

The idea though is that Dany describes Darry's hands as soft. Yet he's the master at arms and the book is full of quotes illustrating how rough his hands should be. 

In fact the only hands described as soft are Maesters and Varys. Yet the putrid stink about Illyrio and Darry makes me suspect Illyrio. 

Ill include this all with notes and quotes. Along with everthing else that calls into question what Dany knows about her past