Westeros Fantasy Football: Survivor 2017

Bronn Stone

53 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are you aware of how exactly you got bounced?

I mean, since realistically that was the worst autodraft I've ever seen, the fact I lasted more than the first elimination was a miracle in and of itself, so...<shrug> 

14 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

I mean, since realistically that was the worst autodraft I've ever seen, the fact I lasted more than the first elimination was a miracle in and of itself, so...<shrug> 

True, but you would have survived if not for some bad luck. You were ahead of me by .02 (61.46 versus 61.44) with almost no time left in the game, but then Henry broke off a 70 yard run which let me get an additional point from Succup’s extra point. Talk about dumb luck.

Technically four teams on the bubble.  But realistically, BL/Ndb is eliminated, barring an early injury.

Dreadfort Direwolves 57.50 + Alex Smith, Tyreek Hill and CJ Anderson
Darry Lions 59.56 + KC Defense, Travis Kelce
Harlaw Captains  62.66 + Kareem Hunt
Northern death bears 65.78

Northern death bears are out.  Upper case matters.  Old Man Rivers won't just keep flowing along.  Freeman is locked down.  Joe Flacco is on his back-o.  Graham Gano is Ga-not.  Pierre Garcon is just another French boy.

9 teams remain.  Good luck to all.

Looks like I'm out this week - last place by 0.34 points.

Feel pretty confident that I had a top 3 team overall, but doesn't matter in this format, which is what makes it fun and different.  Just got hit by a bad combination of Thielen + Allen on bye and Benjamin being inactive after the trade.  All of the fill-in guys I used at WR sucked, and a few of my other guys also had bad games - which was too much to overcome at this point.

Would have survived regardless, but then Mike McCarthy decided he didn't want to use Aaron Jones after all.  Didn't expect that.

53 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Looks like I'm out this week - last place by 0.34 points.

Feel pretty confident that I had a top 3 team overall, but doesn't matter in this format, which is what makes it fun and different.  Just got hit by a bad combination of Thielen + Allen on bye and Benjamin being inactive after the trade.  All of the fill-in guys I used at WR sucked, and a few of my other guys also had bad games - which was too much to overcome at this point.

Would have survived regardless, but then Mike McCarthy decided he didn't want to use Aaron Jones after all.  Didn't expect that.

No doubt in my mind that your team is far superior to mine.  But that is the way of Survivor.  Sometimes the cockroaches win.

Prescott is gone.  Zeke is suspended indefinitely here.  Theilen and Allen go on a week vacation and find their house has been stolen.  Nobody knows what happened to Aaron Jones - he just vanished.  Six teams are gone.  Eight remain.  Survive one more week and you've made the top half of the league!

Game on!!

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

What kind of dystopian hellscape is one in when they're excited to pick up an injured Jay Cutler on the waiver wire?

Also, before the crab leg bandit wet the bed I'd say my team was probably top 3 in the league. 

Offer sent.  I would include free crab legs if the site allowed it.

This is always a hard format to make trades, because you effectively play everyone every week.  But we have one.

I give up Tyrod Taylor
Casterly Rock gives up Alfred Morris

Tywin needs a QB better than McCown/Cutler and I don't have a use at all for Taylor and Morris is a good die roll in case the courts rule against Elliott.  I'll have to live or die with Matt Ryan.

I'll approve it later today unless someone in the league wants to start a protest.  Can't imagine it actually happening - Yeah, I probably got a bit less value, but there really was only a one-person market for a backup QB.

Probably so.  I was as shocked as you were by Tyrod's pooping of the bed.  I never saw that coming out of that game.

Casterly Rock/Tywin 48.24 + Christian McCaffrey
Dreadfort Direwolves 67.12 + Julius Thomas
Harlaw Captains 67.20 + Jarvis Landry
Yronwood Bloodroyals 70.28

All others are safe.

Archived