Westeros Fantasy Football: Survivor 2017

Bronn Stone

Thought there was a very good chance that I was going to be eliminated this week.  Still might happen if McCaffrey goes off tonight and J. Thomas puts up less than 3.2 points.  We'll see if Tywin can escape elimination by the skin of his teeth again.

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Looks like I’m dead unless Christian McCaffrey has the game of his life.

You'd be Golden (pun intended) if the Dolphins were replaced by the 2016 Cal Golden Bears.  284 yards rushing, 22 receiving and 3 TD.

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ncaa/mccaffrey-breaks-stanford-single-game-rushing-record-big-game-win

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

FTFY. ;)

/And then there were 7. 

22 points from a dual threat RB isn't impossible. That means he needs 100 yards from scrimmage and 2 TDs, so really he just needs ti hit a couple big plays. If I can survive being down 22 with just a kick, anything can happen. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

22 points from a dual threat RB isn't impossible. That means he needs 100 yards from scrimmage and 2 TDs, so really he just needs ti hit a couple big plays. If I can survive being down 22 with just a kick, anything can happen. 

I hope you have an immunity idol, cause you're gonna need one.

McCaffrey made it close but in the end, the Christian does not come through for Casterly Rock.  Julio and Nuk are no longer down by the schoolyard.  Bilal Powell is where Bilal Powell ought to be - watching from the side.  We all must try to live in a world without Jay Cutler.  An idle Rob Kelley might put on a pound or two.

Seven teams gone, seven teams remain.  You, gentlemen, are the upper echelon.  You may not be winners, but at least you haven't once been the Big, Fat, Stinky, Loser.   Yet.  The Seven ride forth. 

No Monday Night Suspense in Survivor.  Yronwood - Yrout!

Below average performances by the QB, WR, TE and K aren't helped by average for the DT and RB.  Adios Carr, Gronk - both put on a donkey show in Mexico City.  Fournette is forlornne.  Ajayi is a grounded Eagle.  Ryan Fitzpatrick no longer fitz.

Six teams remain.  Game on!

Commissioner's note:  Some weirdness on the site.  I edited the week #3 score to add 15.5 points to Yronwood (thus to make the final standings show them ahead of Casterly Rock) and the whole season vanished.  I'm assuming it is a glitch and will fix itself.  I'll wait a few hours before submitting a support ticket with Yahoo.

Already fixed itself in a nonce.

Almost no MNF drama yet again.  Qarth Warlocks are last right now with no players to play.  I have a narrow margin of 1.2 with Bruce Ellington to go.  I am going to play him, figuring the chances of a negative score by a WR are less than the chances of a score adjustment.

By the way, while I did not intend for it to be so, this league apparently has an IR slot.  Since Yahoo won't let me disable it, feel free to use it.  Since I try not to benefit from my own mistakes as Commish, I won't use it, even though I picked up Aaron Rodgers.

Aqib Talib has yanked the chain off briantw and the Qarth Warlocks.  Say farewell to Big Ben Benchrider and Carson Wentz.  Crabtree is taking a seat in the press box.  AJ's light has gone from Green to Red. Orleans is in the Darkwa.  Mark Ingram can't save his team again.  Gostkowski is no longer in it just for the kicks.

Five teams remain.  Treating the final four as "playoff teams" isn't a bad mental model.  Game on!

14 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

In a remarkable coincidence, all remaining teams scored identically this week. Nobody is eliminated. 

Not buying it, eh? 

Gods (old and new) I sucked. Barring JuJu scoring 45 I'm done. 

At least JuJu's suspension next week won't hurt you. 

In what I believe is the lowest total of the season, the Harlaw Captains are demoted.  Nobody is Saving Matty Ryan.  Brandon is Cook-ed.  Smith-Schuster has lost his JuJu.  Witten is retired.  Aaron Rodgers will not rise from the IR. Kareem is out of the Hunt.

Edited to add:  Confirmed.  49.12 is the low score of the season.  If you're gonna crash and burn, really, really crash and burn!!! 

Two other teams scored 49 and change and one scored 53.  Other than those, nobody eliminated was below 60.

The final four remain.  Good luck without me, gentlemen!

Nail-biter tonight in Survivor

Fuentez has 60.20 + Burkhead, Dion Lewis and Patriots D
Mudguard has 99.02 + Hogan (almost safe)
Manhole has 99.24 and is done.

The last owner (Lord Lyman) is safe.  I gotta admit I'm hoping the Patriots go run-heavy and the game is a low-scoring affair (see Experts) so Go Fuentez!!!

Fuentez is our 4th place finisher.  Sadly, Keenum is no longer on the Case.  Evans has dropped the Mike.  Robert is out of the Woods. This totally wrecks Burkhead.  And Jimmy Graham gets zipped.  Three teams remain. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived