u.s. politics: molotov cocktail through the overton window

all swedes are racist

23 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

Well then, if you really believe all this, I guess there's nothing to worry about.  There'll be no no problem defeating Trump in 2020.

There won't be if the party base doesn't come out and vote for him in 2020.  If you think that's incorrect, then please state so.  

22 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

If enough people do not vote for him, he will lose.   I'm not a fortune teller, I just think complacency is unjustified. 

Who's complacent? Democrats are currently going apeshit all over the country, overperforming in the vast majority of elections at all levels and organizing at all levels. The question has always been whether that was enough, given the EC and rigged districts. If the current mood building against Trump among his own supporters is an indication of how they will act next year, there's absolutely no doubt the party's going down in flames.

EDIT: Given that we know Trump's primary concern is praise and approval, I'm having a hard time understanding the calculation here. It even sounds like he's preparing to backtrack on the wall, too. Where is all this coming from all of a sudden? Surely he can't think that going moderate will help him at this point.

25 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Who's complacent? Democrats are currently going apeshit all over the country, overperforming in the vast majority of elections at all levels and organizing at all levels. The question has always been whether that was enough, given the EC and rigged districts. If the current mood building against Trump among his own supporters is an indication of how they will act next year, there's absolutely no doubt the party's going down in flames.

EDIT: Given that we know Trump's primary concern is praise and approval, I'm having a hard time understanding the calculation here. It even sounds like he's preparing to backtrack on the wall, too. Where is all this coming from all of a sudden? Surely he can't think that going moderate will help him at this point.

Well, his backtrack on the wall may have been very temporary. Trump can read the polls -- he knows that not deporting the "dreamers" and giving them some path to citizenship is popular with at least 72% of the electorate. Super anti-immigrant congressman Steve King himself actually claimed on TV today that he'd seen a poll where 92% of Americans were in favor of this and reluctantly said he would continue to back Trump even if Trump supported making DACA permanent legislation because of that polling.

As a super-narcissist Trump does not care where his hourly dose of praise and approval is coming from. This is an issue that It's likely that he will whip back and forth on depending on who has spoken to him most recently and whether they've focused their arguments on the Trumpite base or the national polls. 

4 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

I think I mentioned the word ("Without naming names or going into specifics").  There's no particular need to take it personally.  

Who's taking it personally?  You quoted me, which I assume to me you were talking to me, which is why I'm asking the question about it. 

During the campaign I found it funny to Google search “Trump” just to see what crazy stuff popped up. It’s no longer funny, though it can still be amusing. Here are the top 5 headlines I just got (paraphrasing and no links because I didn’t actually read the articles):

1.       Trump confirms he’s working with Democrats on DACA replacement

2.       White House denies that Trump is working with Democrats on DACA replacement

3.       Trump’s base is fuming mad at Trump for walking back Wall demands and for working with Democrats on DACA replacement

4.       Senator Schumer caught saying Trump likes him

5.       Ann Coulter wants Trump to be impeached

The hell is going on?

2 hours ago, denstorebog said:

He's getting praise from media and polls when making deals with Democrats, and he's pissed at Ryan and McConnell. He's also able to say that he's doing things, and he doesn't care that much if it's with Pelosi and Schumer as long as he gets to say he did it. 

Honestly, this is probably a winning strategy for getting things done; most Republicans will back Trump because he's a Republican, and Democrats can pick and choose what to implement. Again, so long as Democrats aren't making big compromises this may weirdly work. 

Erik Prince is speaking at Milo's circle jerk hate rally. That school / college / university is so fucking foolish for letting these white supremacist scumbags come to that school and speak. There is no debate that is going to be had, it's just gonna be more indoctrination and recruitment.

Liberals, centrists, moderates are truly spineless, naive and just flat out foolish. 

1 hour ago, Lew Theobald said:

I'm not particularly interested in opening any cans of worms, or provoking a new debate that I might not have time to participate in, which is why I said "without naming names, or going into specifics."

Then don't quote me trying to attribute things that I did not say, and then run away when asked where you're getting it from.  If I want to say something, I will say it, unlike some people on this board.  I won't name names or go into specifics.

24 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Oh, and look, the free speech warriors that are called Young Americans (just a bunch of bigots), denied the college paper access to Ben Sahpiro's hate rally. YA will try and spin it, but they're just full of shit.

Only certain bits of the First Amendment.

51 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

I don't think I attributed anything to you you did not say.  

However, it is possible that some of your words, if misinterpreted, could inspire complacency in others less wise than yourself. In which case you would presumably have no objection to what I tried to add to the discussion.

I'm glad you're here to misinterpret what I said.  Otherwise there could be confusion.

Ryan Fournier (chairman of Trump Students) is following me on twitter. I have no clue why. Maybe it's my profile picture of Reagan, though he must have miss the big black bar across his eyes with the word Destroy written in it. Must have also missed the 1984 right in the corner of the picture too.

Or he is just stalking me because he saw some of my tweets and how anti Trump they were and I am.

Seriously though, these college republicans are a disgusting bunch of maggots. Bunch of boat shoe wearing country club klansmen and yacht club nazis.

Archived