Why didn't Arya add Jaime to her list?

Brannis the Mannis

I don't think its a plot hole. Her list has people who have personally harmed her and her friends that she witnessed. Not everyone who has harmed her family and friends. Had that been the case, her list should've been extremely long, and would've likely included Theon, who supposedly killed Bran and Rickon.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:35 PM, Apoplexy said:

I don't think its a plot hole. Her list has people who have personally harmed her and her friends that she witnessed. Not everyone who has harmed her family and friends. Had that been the case, her list should've been extremely long, and would've likely included Theon, who supposedly killed Bran and Rickon.

Did she even know about that alleged murder ?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:10 AM, beauty6 said:

Did she even know about that alleged murder ?

It's been a while since I've read the books, but wasn't it widely known by the time of Swords that Theon held Winterfell? I think the Brotherhood knew and so did the Hound. Which is why he decided to take her to the Vale and not Winterfell after the RW. I think Arya knew.

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

It's been a while since I've read the books, but wasn't it widely known by the time of Swords that Theon held Winterfell? I think the Brotherhood knew and so did the Hound. Which is why he decided to take her to the Vale and not Winterfell after the RW. I think Arya knew.

While she was Roose Bolton's cupbearer she heard that Bran and Rickon were dead and Winterfell sacked.  She was going to ask Elmar for more information, but got into an argument instead.  She was under the assumption that the Lannisters were responsible.  I'm not sure that she knows about Theon's role, even now.

1. Jamie Lannister never really pays for anything.  He killed Aerys, but gets to stay on the KG.  He pushed Bran out the window, but Catelyn releases him from the cell to serve another purpose.  He commits the same adultery and incest as Cersei, but she's the one who gets called brotherfucker--no one dares to insult him that way to his face.  Of course, he had a huge loss with his sword hand, but that wasn't punishment for anything--that was a separate issue with Vargo.

2.  As others have said, I think that Arya reacts primarily to what she sees and experiences.  

57 minutes ago, OnceABolton said:

I think most of those on her list were those who were involved with the execution of her father. I don't think Jamie was part of that in any way.

I don't think so. Weren't several names on her list from Gregor's party? They were even less involved in the death of her father than Jaime. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2017 at 1:13 AM, Brannis the Mannis said:

Clearly she knows that he's killed Jory and wounded Ned, but still she never recites his name even though she includes people like Dunsen for stealing a helm. Am I missing something here? 

Arya is ignorant.  She doesn't know that Jaime helped Bran to fall off that tower.  Jaime would top that list if Arya knew.

Archived