What you would prefer to be?

Darken

Was it intentional that the Bolton one doesn't specifically place you with the family where you're in danger? Because being Rogar Snow off in Braavos where Ramsay doesn't even know I exist doesn't sound all that terrible, but being at the Dreadfort would be a different story.

Strangely enough I would choose B. The reason behind it, is genes.

Tywin Lannister had invested heavily in turning the Cleganes into a war machine. Both the Mountain and the Hound had served him well so there's nothing that suggest that Gregor's son won't do the same. Hopefully the old lion will pick him up before daddy does. 

At first I was going to say Euron would probably be the least unpleasant and dangerous option, then I remembered what he did to Aeron when the latter was a child... so yeah unpleasant doesn't even start to describe it.

Still gonna say that Euron would be the least dangerous option; if he's having you on his ship eating his foods rather than with the woman he raped to sire you, it means he wants you there (even if the reason for that might be very, very, very awful) maybe even because he has some role for you in his plans, which would ensure your survival until you have fulfilled that role.

And there is the option to try and run for the hills next time the Silence is ashore. Even if it is a slim chance, it's there and you could try to reach Braavos, which, while pretty cold and damp, is probably the safest place from Euron. Or maybe one of the  innland cities (gotta stay away from the sea)

Any child of Gregor living in his household has no chance at all of surviving past infancy. The first time you cry, Gregor's gonna get annoyed at the loud noise and smash you against the next best wall until you have stopped crying (i.e. are dead)

The Bolton option would probably be the least unpleasant one. Chances are Roose would leave you alone most of the time and not really care about your existence. You're probably just at his keep because Domeric wanted both his brothers around. Now that you know what Ramsay's like and how slim your chances for survival are with him around you have a few options: 

1)High risk, high reward: get Roose to tolerate you and conspire with him to get rid of Ramsay, pointing out that your older brother is much more a danger to the continued existence of the house than he is of potential use. Roose is clearly not fond of Ramsay and I have the impression he kept him around just to have an heir. So there might be hope here. Of course there might be not or Ramsay might get hold of you before you can execute any plans to get rid of him.

2)Asking your father to allow you to become a Maester or Septon

3) Running away and becoming  a sellsword somewhere beyond Ramsay's reach.

4)Theoretically you can also join the Night's Watch, but really getting flayed by Ramsay is more fun than spending the rest of your life at the worst place in Westeros...

So yeah, can't really decide between Euron's or Bolton's

On 2017-09-14 at 5:33 PM, Darken said:

- Lord Roose Bolton other bastard son and Ramsey's younger half brother
- Sir Gregor Clegane bastard son now in Custody in his house
- Euron Greyjoy's bastard son who lives on his ship feeding on his supplies

Your choice

Boltons other bastard. Wouldn't be hard to outshine Ramsay Snow in daddy's eyes. If Roose had a choice - any choice - I feel pretty sure he'd off Ramsey in a heartbeat.

12 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Boltons other bastard. Wouldn't be hard to outshine Ramsay Snow in daddy's eyes. If Roose had a choice - any choice - I feel pretty sure he'd off Ramsey in a heartbeat.

Even though I'd also be Bolton's other bastard, I'd keep a low profile so Ramsay wouldn't get jealous and plot to kill me. 

If I could be gigantic I would be cleganes kid and leave as soon as I got the chance like his brother did. Roose bolton is not someone I want to be with because ramsey would kill me quick as he did his trueborn brother.

Euron is completly insane and unless I got some powerful gens from him that made me magical or something I would think he could be as bad as ramsey in some ways.

I think gregor would not stop his bastard from leaving as long as he didn't steal anything. So clegane's bastard if I could be gigantic and not a complete psycho.

Clegane all the way. If he lets you live past early childhood, you have a chance. He'd be away most of the time warring, so you'd be mostly brought up by the household staff or kind of fend for yourself. It's very likely you'd be strong enough to be a good fighter, and could go out at an early age to squire or fight. He has enough connections that it wouldn't be too hard to get someone to take you on as a squire. Yes, he could very well maim or beat you, but if he meant to kill you, you'd die fast. You might even have some value to daddy as a marriage partner, or end up legitimized. Eventually pop will be permanently in Cersei's entourage, so perhaps squatter's rights on the house? 

Euron's too chancy. Didn't he cut everyone's tongue off? He has plenty of sons he calls 'mongrels' so you're disposable to him. 

I wouldn't want to live in a house with Roose as anyone. Even if he didn't kill you, he'd definitely torment you. If he did kill you, it wouldn't be in a pretty way.  

As strange as it may sound, I imagine Euron would take more of an active interest in your development. He would have you running the lines and raising sails by the time you could walk. You would probably get to see a lot of the world beyond Westeros, and the time at sea would build your body into an impresive specimen, if the tall and powerful Greyjoys are anything to go by.

I guess The Crow's Eye wouldn't want to raise a child that would one day usurp him, but I can't see any point in keeping a bastard around only to instill mediocrity - Euron likes crime to much to have an untalented crew, so I imagine you would grow to be a fierce pirate and talented sailor.

On the flipside, there's always the risk Euron will abuse you like he did his brothers, but I think Euron is too clinical to do such deeds and keep the victim around him 24/7 - it would just be asking for future vengeance, and in such close proximity too...

As to the others, Roose didn't help with Ramsays development in terms of granting him access to the finest northern education or a reputable master at arms, so I can't see him looking at another bastard too fondly. 

Ramsay would must assuredly mess with you in some way, to save his own place. So you would risk an early death or some serious mental/bodily truama

Gregor's migraines, brutality and drinking would most likely put a stop to any questions about "nameday gifts" or "the birds and the bees". I can't see The Mountain ever legitimising a bastard, unless he had no other heirs, but with his Tywin connection, there's always the chance Gregor will get a decent marriage from some highborn lady, and screw being a bastard child in House Clegane at that point!

I suppose there's always the hope that uncle Sandor will come and try get full custody.

On 2017-09-16 at 0:58 AM, Queen Sansa Stark said:

Bolton's other bastard. Naturally I would be very very careful as to not upstage Ramsay. 

I think that not outshining Ramsay would be much harder than getting him murdered. :D

On 14.09.2017 at 5:33 PM, Darken said:

Your choice

I think I'll pass ... albeit - this depending on age difference - being Roger Snow might be the least bad of the lot. I just hope I can kill Ramsay before he kill me.

I agree that being Gregor's get - as long as I get to see puberty without being murdered or crippled - might not be that bad either. I'd be BIG and STRONG - not to mention tall dark and handsome - and that's what maters :)

On 9/14/2017 at 8:33 AM, Darken said:

Your choice

a moderator, so I could move this thread to forum games and be sure actual book discussion happens in the book sub. That and I would delete every single repeat thread that someone posts without bothering to use the search button 

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

a moderator, so I could move this thread to forum games and be sure actual book discussion happens in the book sub. That and I would delete every single repeat thread that someone posts without bothering to use the search button 

Lol  :lol:  Good call

Now? As in how things are set at the end of ADWD?

Gregor's bastard hands down. At the moment, House Clegane is essentially extinct so a bastard has a very good chance of inheriting everything. Gregor might've been a monster but he served the Lannisters well, and it's not like the Clegane lands are particularly large or noteworthy. The Crown and House Lannister has a lot more pressing issues to deal with than who controls Clegane's Keep. As long I keep paying my taxes on time and generally keep my head down then there's a very good chance I'll just be left in peace.

In comparison, Euron is the King of the Iron Born and Roose currently has control of the North. Neither position is stable though and neither is likely to remain in power long term. When they fall, it's going to be hard, and everybody close to them is going to be punished for their rather horrific crimes. Even if I didn't get killed, there's no way that I'm coming out of it as any more than a brigand. That's assuming I don't get killed by an ally who is jealous or threatened by my position, or who just thought it'd be funny.

Archived