Football: No Title Ideas

Consigliere

Getafe giving Barca a proper contest in that first half and go into the break 1-0 up. Once again every single worthwhile attack for Barca has come from Messi. Without him they would just be a team good at keeping possession. Dembele went off with a hamstring injury after 25 minutes of his first start.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Atleti's new stadium looks impressive.

Extremely cool looking stadium. Could hardly be further removed from the Vicente CalderĆ³n in style, though. Would be nice to see them open itĀ with a win.

ETA: Watching Atletico for the first time this season, I can see why they want Diego Costa back. They don't really have a focal point to play off. To be fair, though, the midfield isn't exactly laying on great service for the forwards. Good thing about Costa would be how hard heĀ works to make chances out of harrying defenders.

ETAx2: As I hit send, a great cross comes in from Correa for Griezmann to finish...

Frustrating Liverpool game to watch. Even though I thought they played well, created some really good chances (minus endless long shots) but just no luck with finishing (no surprise there). Pool has awful luck in that every single of their defensive mistake seems to leak a goal. Burnley's defender did a Lovren today (missed a clearance) and nothing happened :/

Good to see Sturridge start the game. He looked a bit rusty with the shooting, but his movements looked good, touch was good, passing was good. Hope to see him start a few more games, specially against opponents who defend deep. He does have an eye for goal and it will come in handy against packed defense at some point for sure. I wonder if he will do better with fast wingers (ox or mane on the left) instead of a creative/slow winger (firmino or coutinho) as the fast wingers generally draw the attention of the CBs a lot more once they go past the fullbacks.

Some positive signs with Coutinho as well, his movement and passing seemed pretty good, although he does tend to lose the ball in some dangerous areas when he plays in midfield. A lot of his passes didn't quite work out, but that's expected considering his absence. Hope he is back into the starting lineup going forward. We don't have too many players in midfield who can generally dribble past multiple players (specially with Lallana out as well) and do those cute chipped passes behind defense.

TAA once again looked good offensively and poor defensively. He is awful in the air!

Solanke looks so damn good every time he comes on. I can't wait for the Cup games to start where I am expecting him to play a full 90.

Considering how the squad looked very different to the first few games, pretty happy with how fluent they looked. Although Burnley didn't really press particularly hard to test their composure.

Still frustrating as hell. Over the last few years, there has been too many of these type of performances. Still hopeful it will be different this season :P

In fairness Kolasinac at left wingback and Bellerin right looks a far better balance for the system. Xhaka and Ramsey is still a bit of a concern but Chelsea don't play with a real advanced front three like Liverpool do so they're probably not quite as well placed to really get after the back three as soon as they steal the ball.

Anyway, not a bad first 20 minutes for Arsenal.

Chelsea players look out of shape, except David Luiz who is keeping the team alive. That's weird given that Arsenal played thursday evening, the Blues should be 2 days stronger.

Arsenal seemsĀ confident, too bad Xhaka is useless to that midfield and Lacazette miss that one.

Still expect a Chelsea win, although an Arsenal goal would be deserved.

Archived