RIP Cassini

The Anti-Targ

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It is sad to see it go.  Do we know if any new and unique information may come from Cassini's "Death Dive to Saturn"?

I am sure there will be but the raw data will be processed before being released to the other scientists and then it will be released to the general public.  I expect any news will be a couple of months away.  Scot, you could always sweet talk the boss into letting you have that Planetary Society  membership and get the info that much faster. 

3 minutes ago, maarsen said:

I am sure there will be but the raw data will be processed before being released to the other scientists and then it will be released to the general public.  I expect any news will be a couple of months away.  Scot, you could always sweet talk the boss into letting you have that Planetary Society  membership and get the info that much faster. 

Don't I wish.  My scientific interests are generally seen at work as "boring".  

The latest issue of Scientific American has a great article on the discoveries made by Cassini. For those of us with intellectual curiosity, there are also articles  that cut to the heart of what the world is experiencing today. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, The Anti-Targ said:

Huh, I would think some intellectual curiosity about things outside the field would be part of being lawyerly.

Rare indeed is the attorney who has the time and inclination to exercise their intellectual curiosity about things outside their field.  Sports seems to be the main topic of conversation during breaks in the action - during which I normally phase out. 

28 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Rare indeed is the attorney who has the time and inclination to exercise their intellectual curiosity about things outside their field.  Sports seems to be the main topic of conversation during breaks in the action - during which I normally phase out. 

I get very tired of talking about sports and TV shows.  I really enjoy talking science and philosophy.  Small talk just isn't as interesting.

Archived