Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

Dornishwoman's Husband

5 minutes ago, Faera said:

Hopefully. I'd say HR is in top lists for characters I want to see before the end. 

Is this because something he's done in the books?
I've seen quite a few posters saying they want Howland back before the end, but as a show-only viewer, I personally couldn't care less if Howland makes a return in S8 or not.

9 hours ago, falcotron said:

Random Northern Lord actually serves other purposes, too. A political marriage that she chose and negotiated means that being in charge of her destiny as Lady of Winterfell is more important to her than being in charge of her destiny as pretty princess Sansa. It echoes the Hornwood case, but with her playing Bran rather than Donella (and also succeeding where Bran failed). It contrasts with Tywin demanding that everyone in the family but himself sacrifice for the family line. And so on.

Yes, it works on a number of levels. After all the fandom gnashing of teeth over the identity of Sansa's endgame husband (if any) and shipping her with pretty much every possible male character (including her own cousin), it would be hilariously fitting if she wound up with some random dude.

8 hours ago, Shmedricko said:

Howland Reed is presumably still alive in the show, since there is no reason to believe he has died, but I highly doubt he will make an appearance in Season 8, given that the writers had Bran say, "No one knows. No one but me." regarding Jon's parentage, as well as the Preliminary Outline indicating we won't see Meera again after she left to be with her family. Just another consequence of the streamlined race to the finish, I guess.

Agreed. The show wrote out Howland Reed being a source of information as to Jon's parentage, probably so that Bran can play exposition fairy.

16 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I've seen quite a few posters saying they want Howland back before the end, but as a show-only viewer, I personally couldn't care less if Howland makes a return in S8 or not.

He never really appears in the books either, at least that I can remember. 

I think wanting to see him is more a function of hearing a character spoken about and wanting to just see him play a role in the story. Part of what makes the books interesting is all the world building so for many who like the books they want to see that expansive universe in the show. 

I just wouldn’t hold my breath given the way the shows focus is much more narrow and through Bran and Sam they have a way to accomplish what plot function HR would serve. 

4 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Yes, it works on a number of levels. After all the fandom gnashing of teeth over the identity of Sansa's endgame husband (if any) and shipping her with pretty much every possible male character (including her own cousin), it would be hilariously fitting if she wound up with some random dude.

I am so on board with random northern lord theory

4 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Agreed. The show wrote out Howland Reed being a source of information as to Jon's parentage, probably so that Bran can play exposition fairy.

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Thanks for that. Bran did say Jon was named Sand so he could be wrong but i agree with you.

Which shows that the writers don't even know the basic ASOIAF lore… bastards don't bear the name related to their place of birth but that of the place where they are raised…

7 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Which shows that the writers don't even know the basic ASOIAF lore… bastards don't bear the name related to their place of birth but that of the place where they are raised…

On the other hand, most bastards aren't born in one area and raised in another.

25 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Its unclear whether they actually did not know it or whether they knew it and decided to change it for the show in order to create that bit of dialogue or whether Bran should have been paying attention to maester luwin’s lessons. 

On 9/19/2017 at 9:05 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

All of them great!^_^ YES!!!!!!!!!!! They are saving the best for the last

Yeah Sansa/Sandor will definitely be on screen sex, as will Jaime/Brienne. The women going after what they want.

Arya/Gendry might be just the first kiss, but it would be great if they included that, too. But SanSan and J/B for sure.

The resolution to all the story they set up over the seasons (and I think even the show can't mess up the final season too badly).

2 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

It's more a bingo card for the show. In the books, his character is tied into a few more plot-lines such as Robb's will, the Green Men and the Isle of the Faces, his powers as a magic-user and, of course, is a first-hand witness to the events of ToJ.

Given how bland and boring they made the whole Bran-Sam set up, it seems like they're going to cheese the Jon reveal with him just taking that vision for granted. I mean, if you sit down and think about it, Sam's discovery doesn't prove anything about Jon at all and it's not like Bran can show Jon what happened. But Bran is the resident boring and bland exposition fairy now.

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Aha! Yes, the show will end with all the survivors going to Sansa's wedding to Random Northern #7.

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

On the other hand, most bastards aren't born in one area and raised in another.

Most aren't, though Obara Sand is another example of a bastard who picked the name of her home over her birthplace. I think she was born in the Reach... at least, in the books. She obviously picked the last name 'Sand' because she became as "Sand Snake".

I think it's Bran's line being there at all that grates with me more than the technicalities. It was such a contrived way to get that stupid narration-over-vision-going.

1 minute ago, Faera said:

It's more a bingo card for the show. In the books, his character is tied into a few more plot-lines such as Robb's will, the Green Men and the Isle of the Faces, his powers as a magic-user and, of course, is a first-hand witness to the events of ToJ.

Given how bland and boring they made the whole Bran-Sam set up, it seems like they're going to cheese the Jon reveal with him just taking that vision for granted. I mean, if you sit down and think about it, Sam's discovery doesn't prove anything about Jon at all and it's not like Bran can show Jon what happened. But Bran is the resident boring and bland exposition fairy now.

Aha! Yes, the show will end with all the survivors going to Sansa's wedding to Random Northern #7.

Most aren't, though Obara Sand is another example of a bastard who picked the name of her home over her birthplace. I think she was born in the Reach... at least, in the books. She obviously picked the last name 'Sand' because she became as "Sand Snake".

I think it's Bran's line being there at all that grates with me more than the technicalities. It was such a contrived way to get that stupid narration-over-vision-going.

Worst part for me was him saying that "Robert's Rebellion was based on a lie." That makes Bran a liar.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah Sansa/Sandor will definitely be on screen sex.

Wait...what? You're not being serious are you?
*Looks at signature*, wow, you are...

And people thought Jonerys was rushed. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Worst part for me was him saying that "Robert's Rebellion was based on a lie." That makes Bran a liar.

Does it? Or does it mean all the information has yet to be revealed? 

4 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Wait...what? You're not being serious are you?
*Looks at signature*, wow, you are...

And people thought Jonerys was rushed. :rolleyes:

:ack:

LOL!

Sansa and Brienne must be alone! Just nope to that. Sansa and Brienne are strong women who WANT a man! The ladies want some lovin' from the man of their choice!!! Can't deal with strong women taking control, don't watch. The rest of us will.

Rory and Sophie look nice together (Screen Actors Guild... Comic Con... Premiere...) and NCW and Gwen look nice together, too. Their stories are based on Beauty and the Beast, books and show, and enjoying their sexuality is a big part of that.

Age gap between Sansa/Sandor and Jaime/Brienne is in both cases 15 years in the books. Sandor was 35 in the pilot, so it's 22 years on the show. Jaime seems to be at least 15 years older than Brienne on the show, but there's no mention of her exact age.

Enjoy some more age gap classic romances (about 20 years gap or more):

Little Women:

Jane Eyre:

Little Dorrit:

Emma (16):

Sense and Sensibility:

Rebecca:

The Thorn Birds:

To Have and Have Not:

(added some more)

3 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Does it? Or does it mean all the information has yet to be revealed? 

:ack:

It does make Bran a liar. The Rebellion didn't start until Aerys II ordered Rickard and Brandon's executions and called for Ned's and Robert's heads and Jon Arryn refused.

4 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Ugh. I know...

Bran: I can see everything. *pause* Why you here, Sam?
(Well, why don't tell us, smartypants?)
Bran: No one knows that Jon is my aunt Lyanna's son but me.
(Um, Howland Reed would like a word... and probably those two ladies-in-waiting at the Tower, as well.)
Bran: Robert's Rebellion was based on a lie...
(The ghosts of your murdered grandfather Rickard Stark and your namesake uncle Brandon want a word, too. And they look pretty angry...)

Why the hell did they turn him into this... thing? <_<

2 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

It does make Bran a liar. The Rebellion didn't start until Aerys II ordered Rickard and Brandon's executions and called for Ned's and Robert's heads and Jon Arryn refused.

Liar is a strong word.

didn’t he say based on a lie? If brandon went to KL to threaten aerys and rhaegar based on a lie than how is Bran lying? Sounds more like a difference in interpretation than a lie vs truth situation. 

Also, grrm has said we will know everything about the rebellion by the end. There is probably more information to drop so saying Bran is a liar based on the incomplete information we have so far feels premature. 

1 minute ago, jcmontea said:

Liar is a strong word.

didn’t he say based on a lie? If brandon went to KL to threaten aerys and rhaegar based on a lie than how is Bran lying? Sounds more like a difference in interpretation than a lie vs truth situation. 

Also, grrm has said we will know everything about the rebellion by the end. There is probably more information to drop so saying Bran is a liar based on the incomplete information we have so far feels premature. 

He does have the information. Isn't that part of being the Three-Eyed Raven?

1 minute ago, Angel Eyes said:

He does have the information. Isn't that part of being the Three-Eyed Raven?

We the audience might not have all the information is what i meant. Grrm said more will be revealed on this. So we are operating with incomplete info.

Archived