Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

Dornishwoman's Husband

13 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

He does have the information. Isn't that part of being the Three-Eyed Raven?

Well, they probably decided they needed to dumb things down for the audience...

Plus, they overpowered Bran so much that they had to simultaneously make him an idiot, else he'd have worked everything out by now. They essentially turned him into the medieval equivalent of the AI personal assistant you get on phones: you have to type or say the command before he'll find what you're looking for. 

57 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Enjoy some more age gap classic romances:

It's not just the fact that there's ~23 year age difference between the characters and that there's a 27 year age difference between the actual actors. (The age-gap is honestly the least of my concerns regarding an eventual romance between these two.)

It's also the fact that Sansa really shouldn't be getting into a sexual relationship by this stage in the series what with everything she's endured recently by the hands of Joffrey/LF/Ramsay. She's traumatized and should be given time to deal (and heal) with it and be her own woman for a while. Why force a man onto her at this stage? Because you want it or because you think Sansa want's it?

Add the fact that there's not really time for it, and if they added it, then it would be a romance that goes from nothing to full blown intercourse so fast that the viewer would get whiplash. Sansa and Sandor are not the same people they where in season 2. Whatever feelings they might have had for each other (or rather, Sandor had for Sansa, it was not portrayed as very mutual relationship on the show) they would need to re-establish those feelings since the person Sandor loved is gone, and the person Sansa feared is also gone. Their relationship basically have to start over from scratch; you think the show will make their romantic development justice in only 5-6 episodes, what with everything else is going on? Like I said, if people complained about Jonerys being rushed, then they've seen nothing yet. A potential romance between Sansa and Sandor in season 8 wouldn't even get 1/3'd of the screentime of Jon and Daenerys from season 7.

Then lastly add fact that Sandor has a fatherly bond with her sister, and the whole thing becomes outright weird. I'd be less upset if Sandor and Arya ended up together actually, at least those two have a real relationship (non-sexual of course) and some good on-screen chemistry together. Not to mention that Arya hasn't spent the last 6 seasons being abused (both sexually, mentally and physically) by men, so she would probably be way more open to a romance, as long as it doesn't entail her becoming stuck as a lady of a castle somewhere.

If you want your Beaty & The Beast-romance, be happy and content with Brienne and Jamie (which is quite likely to happen in some form).
If you really are convinced that Sansa and Sandor will have on-screen sex in season 8 however, prepare to get disappointed.

14 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

It's not just the fact that there's ~23 year age difference between the characters and that there's a 27 year age difference between the actual actors. (The age-gap is honestly the least of my concerns regarding an eventual romance between these two.)

It's also the fact that Sansa really shouldn't be getting into a sexual relationship by this stage in the series what with everything she's endured recently by the hands of Joffrey/LF/Ramsay. She's traumatized and should be given time to deal (and heal) with it and be her own woman for a while. Why force a man onto her at this stage? Because you want it or because you think Sansa want's it?

Add the fact that there's not really time for it, and if they added it, then it would be a romance that goes from nothing to full blown intercourse so fast that the viewer would get whiplash. Sansa and Sandor are not the same people they where in season 2. Whatever feelings they might have had for each other (or rather, Sandor had for Sansa, it was not portrayed as very mutual relationship on the show) they would need to re-establish those feelings since the person Sandor loved is gone, and the person Sansa feared is also gone. Their relationship basically have to start over from scratch; you think the show will make their romantic development justice in only 5-6 episodes, what with everything else is going on? Like I said, if people complained about Jonerys being rushed, then they've seen nothing yet. A potential romance between Sansa and Sandor in season 8 wouldn't even get 1/3'd of the screentime of Jon and Daenerys from season 7.

Then add fact that Sandor has a fatherly bond with her sister, and the whole thing becomes even weirder. I'd be less upset if Sandor and Arya ended up together actually, at least those two have a real relationship (non-sexual of course) and some good on-screen chemistry together. 

If you want your Beaty & The Beast-romance, be happy and content with Brienne and Jamie (which is quite likely to happen in some form).
If you really are convinced that Sansa and Sandor will have on-screen sex in season 8 however, prepare to get disappointed.

Great post. It also made me think that whatever was being set up in season 2 was probably before they decided to have Sansa go to WF and get raped by Ramsey. 

By introducing the story they did in season 5, it very well could mean that they have to go in an entirely different direction with SanSan than they would have other wise. 

Its interesting thinking about it that with dany on her way to WF there will be two victims of sexual abuse amongst the main cast. I wonder if they will explore that in their interactions between each other. 

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Arya/Gendry might be just the first kiss, but it would be great if they included that, too.

I'm not sure about a kiss but they deserve some type of closure, probably an open ending (with obvious romantic hints).

"And she could ride with Gendry and be an outlaw."

I really don't think Sansan will happen, Rory McCann is great but definitely not love interest material. I know he's the beast but so is Gwendoline and she's a conventionally attractive woman. Jaime and Brienne are suitable for each other.

2 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Its interesting thinking about it that with dany on her way to WF there will be two victims of sexual abuse amongst the main cast. I wonder if they will explore that in their interactions between each other. 

Possibly, but Dany and Sansa dealt with the abuse and moved on from it in entirely different ways, so I'm not really sure what they'd talk about.
Sansa remained a victim of her abuser up to the point where she managed to flee, and eventually managed to turn the tables on him and kill him.
Daenerys on the other hand, seduced her abuser, stopped being a victim, fell in (mutual) love and mourned his death.

I can imagine their discussion going something like:
"S: I heard you where married of against your will and raped by your husband as well?"
"D: Yes...I was."
"S: Horrible, wasn't it? I heard you ended your husbands life, just like I did?"
"D: Yes, I did..."
"S: How did it feel? I will always remember the sensation of watching him die, it still makes me smile."
"D: Actually, I loved my husband. I didn't want to end his life, but I had too. I mourned his death."
"S: Ohh..."
*Que awkward silence*

In Sansas defense though, I doubt Daenerys would've been able to seduce Ramsay either, but that's beside the point. :P

3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Possibly, but Dany and Sansa dealt with the abuse and moved on from it in entirely different ways, so I'm not really sure what they'd talk about.
Sansa remained a victim of her abuser up to the point where she managed to flee, and eventually managed to turn the tables on him and kill him.
Daenerys on the other hand, seduced her abuser, stopped being a victim, fell in (mutual) love and mourned his death.

I can imagine their discussion going something like:
"S: I heard you where married of against your will and raped by your husband as well?"
"D: Yes...I was."
"S: Horrible, wasn't it? I heard you ended your husbands life, just like I did?"
"D: Yes, I did..."
"S: How did it feel? I will always remember the sensation of watching him die, it still makes me smile."
"D: Actually, I loved my husband. I didn't want to end his life, but I had too. I mourned his death."
"S: Ohh..."
*Que awkward silence*

In Sansas defense though, I doubt Daenerys would've been able to seduce Ramsay either, but that's beside the point. :P

Yes. It would be potentially awkward given the way they respectively dealt with it. I also don’t know much about sexual abuse so don’t know if talking to another victim would be helpful for Sansa or if Dany herself would think about it very differently looking back now at what was effectively quasi stockhome syndrome. Prob best they don’t open that can of worms.

18 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Great post. It also made me think that whatever was being set up in season 2 was probably before they decided to have Sansa go to WF and get raped by Ramsey. 

By introducing the story they did in season 5, it very well could mean that they have to go in an entirely different direction with SanSan than they would have other wise. 

I remember reading that D&D got the idea for the Sansa/Jeyne Poole merge during Season 2, or much earlier than Season 5. 

Either way, I don't think SanSan will end up being a thing in either the books or the show. I could possibly be wrong, but if we look at Season 7 with a critical eye for endgame set-up, SanSan is basically nonexistent. The writing has been beating viewers over the head with a couple key things (Arya is unlikely to settle down once the war is over, Cersei will be the cause of Jaime's death, Jon and Dany will have a baby, Sam will end up as Warden of the South and also record the Song of Ice & Fire as a history, etc). 

As far as Sansa's endgame goes, there's nothing that points to a romantic relationship in the near future, let alone with Sandor. I'm sure if Sandor was meant to be "the One" for Sansa, he'd at least mention her to her own brother. lol. Apparently Jorah subliminally encouraging Jon to father kids with Dany via a phallic symbol was more important. 

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

I remember reading that D&D got the idea for the Sansa/Jeyne Poole merge during Season 2, or much earlier than Season 5. 

Either way, I don't think SanSan will end up being a thing in either the books or the show. I could possibly be wrong, but if we look at Season 7 with a critical eye for endgame set-up, SanSan is basically nonexistent. The writing has been beating viewers over the head with a couple key things (Arya is unlikely to settle down once the war is over, Cersei will be the cause of Jaime's death, Jon and Dany will have a baby, Sam will end up as Warden of the South and also record the Song of Ice & Fire as a history, etc). 

As far as Sansa's endgame goes, there's nothing that points to a romantic relationship in the near future, let alone with Sandor. I'm sure if Sandor was meant to be "the One" for Sansa, he'd at least mention her to her own brother. lol. Apparently Jorah subliminally encouraging Jon to father kids with Dany via a phallic symbol was more important. 

:agree:

Sam as Warden of the South is so clear at this point. The whole structure of Jaime's words to Tarly were super suspicious "When the war is won the queen will need a new warden of the south." and then screen transition to Sam. lol. doesn't bother to say which queen. 

30 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

I really don't think Sansan will happen, Rory McCann is great but definitely not love interest material.

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Great post. It also made me think that whatever was being set up in season 2 was probably before they decided to have Sansa go to WF and get raped by Ramsey. . 

I think D&D have said it was back during S2 that they decided to swap in Sansa in the Winterfell storyline, but I don't know if that was when they were writing S2 or filming it.

Its interesting thinking about it that with dany on her way to WF there will be two victims of sexual abuse amongst the main cast. I wonder if they will explore that in their interactions between each other

Two? I think most of the show's surviving female characters at this point are victims of sexual abuse. They've all had far more time to recover from their trauma than Sansa, though (except Yara, that is, who will likely be raped by Euron).

15 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Sam as Warden of the South is so clear at this point. The whole structure of Jaime's words to Tarly were super suspicious "When the war is won the queen will need a new warden of the south." and then screen transition to Sam. lol. doesn't bother to say which queen. 

Gives some more merit to the idea that Daenerys will survive the war and rule as queen as well.
Unless the queen in question is...Sansa? :blink:

31 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Yup.

25 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Yes, D&D turned the obvious meter up to 11 in S7, so if there weren't any extremely obvious hints for your ship of choice in S7, you can kiss any chance of that ship becoming canon in S8 goodbye.

On that note, anyone thinking Bran and Meera still have a shot is wasting their time. D&D spelled it out in the clearest possible terms.

2 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Two? I think most of the show's surviving female characters at this point are victims of sexual abuse. They've all had far more time to recover from their trauma than Sansa.

That's true actually, and really f*cking grim when you think about it. :angry2:

Sansa: Sexually abused by Joffrey, raped by Ramsay.
Daenerys: Raped by Drogo.
Missandei: Most likely sexually abused at some point during her time as a slave in Astapor.
Brienne: Briefly sexually abused, was about to be raped by Locke's men before Jamie prevented it.
Cersei: Raped by Jamie.
Melisandre: Probably got sexually abused at some point when she was a slave, before becomming a priestess.
Gilly: Raped by Craster.
Meera: Briefly sexually abused, was about to be raped by Karl Tanner and the rest of his men before they got interrupted.
Yara: Status unknown. May or may not currently be getting raped by Euron.

This leaves Arya (and Lyanna Mormont but she doesn't really count) as the only big character currently being alive who has not been sexually abused.

As I said, grim...

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

That's true actually, and really f*cking grim when you think about it. :angry2:

Sansa: Sexually abused by Joffrey, raped by Ramsay.
Daenerys: Raped by Drogo.
Missandei: Most likely sexually abused at some point during her time as a slave in Astapor.
Brienne: Briefly sexually abused, was about to be raped by Locke's men before Jamie prevented it.
Cersei: Raped by Jamie.
Melisandre: Probably got sexually abused at some point when she was a slave, before becomming a priestess.
Gilly: Raped by Craster.
Meera: Briefly sexually abused, was about to be raped by Karl Tanner and the rest of his men before they got interrupted.
Yara: Status unknown. May or may not currently be getting raped by Euron.

This leaves Arya (and Lyanna Mormont but she doesn't really count) as the only big character currently being alive who has not been sexually abused.

As I said, grim...

Missandei in S6 alluded to a "game" Kraznys made her play, so I think they spelled out pretty clearly that she was sexually abused as a slave.

7 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Missandei in S6 alluded to a "game" Kraznys made her play, so I think they spelled out pretty clearly that she was sexually abused as a slave.

True, and if nothing else Mero slapped her on the ass and more or less said "I'll rape you after the battle" in S3.

3 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Wait... are you saying it might be weird that Sandor is old enough to be her dad and she has a fatherly relationship with her sister? 

Sandor doesn't have a fatherly relationship or bond with Arya. It could be argued that he was his protector sometimes (and also that they developed a friendship as companions). ALso, if someone still had doubts about that "so-called" father figure, it is established in 7.7 that Sandor already cares for Arya but he can't be that "father figure" anymore. Why? Because of his dialogue with Brienne. They both agree that Arya not only can take care of herself, but that if anyone wants to do be on her path and molest her, better run (paraphrasing) --> she really can take her of herlself, not  afather anymore.

Moreover, it is also established that Sansa does not need a "mother-protective" figure anymore when she DEMANDS Brienne to leave to KL bc she doesn't ned her protection.

Sansa doesn't need her protection / wached over/ cared for anymore (in her words).. 

I'm not a child, and I'm LOW and I'm home.

The trip to KL is long....

Oh...And also when she finally executes LF for his crimes.

Both girls have grown up.

2 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

The show dealt with her traumas in season 5 (there are some scenes that show this). They ended in the finale of season 5 when she jumped. In season 6 she is strong enough to face LF for what he did to her and she even faces Ramsay, ultimately ordering the dogs to kill him. In season 7 she is totally a woman on top and a ruling Lady and she finally kills LF, ending her past as a victim (I've learn a lot from you LF). She has become the master, and the master has been executed. You could argue that season 5 was not time enough to deal with the trauma, and I could answer you yes, we have to take into account that the show INVENTED the whole thing and they are not good with storytelling without book sources. The thing is she healed two seasons ago. If she wants to move on with a man, she will. If Sansa wants, she will. The show established she has moved on, so if she does find love, you can't say it's because that (you can blame on how they developed the story, but the facts speak for their own).

It's not from nothing, that was Jonerys. He has been his protector (true knight) several times and they were friends. It's a BatB story actually. The Beauty has to see the beauty inside the Beast, and Sandor now is a better person (even if he always was good to her) in general, since he met Ray.

The person they loved is not gone, but of course, they won't kiss in their first scene together. They will talk a lot before. They'll probably like each other even more, because Sansa is older and more secure of herself  after everything she has exeperienced, and Sandor has been with Arya and helped Jon, something that Sansa will like.

Then lastly add fact that Sandor has a fatherly bond with her sister, and the whole thing becomes outright weird. I'd be less upset if Sandor and Arya ended up together actually, at least those two have a real relationship (non-sexual of course) and some good on-screen chemistry together. Not to mention that Arya hasn't spent the last 6 seasons being abused (both sexually, mentally and physically) by men, so she would probably be way more open to a romance, as long as it doesn't entail her becoming stuck as a lady of a castle somewhere.

I explained why they don't have this relationship anymore (if they ever did) in my response to @jcmontea in this same post. 

Your reasoning about Arya-Sandor upsetting you less is not consistent with the arguments you provided, since, if you believe he is like a father to her, it would be horrible to develop a romance between them (incest between father figure and daughter is really gross). Moreover, you refer to the age gap as a problem. If it realy is (which is subjective), then bear in mind that Arya is 2 years younger than Sansa.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah Sansa/Sandor will definitely be on screen sex, as will Jaime/Brienne. The women going after what they want.

Arya/Gendry might be just the first kiss, but it would be great if they included that, too. But SanSan and J/B for sure.

The resolution to all the story they set up over the seasons (and I think even the show can't mess up the final season too badly).

Yes, I agree with that. I think tthat it's very likely that we see a sex scene between Jaime and Brienne and alson between Sansa and Sandor.

They like the sex scenes, so they won't change the story so as not  to show them^_^

Not sure about Arya/gendry. My bet is that we'll see their first kiss as well, at least. I can't wait for all of that!!

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Gives some more merit to the idea that Daenerys will survive the war and rule as queen as well.
Unless the queen in question is...Sansa? :blink:

Possible. In ep 6 we get these two gems:

”we will talk about the succession when I wear the crown” - does that mean she will never wear the crown? That the succession will be resolved through magic targ baby? 

And 

“i won’t step foot in King’s landing so long as Cersei Lannister is Queen” - does that mean sansa will be queen next time she is in KL? 

Although on the whole I think the obvious interpretation is probably the correct one. Sansa will return to King’s Landing when Dany is Queen and magic targ baby will resolve the succession. 

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Yup.

Yes, D&D turned the obvious meter up to 11 in S7, so if there weren't any extremely obvious hints for your ship of choice in S7, you can kiss any chance of that ship becoming canon in S8 goodbye.

On that note, anyone thinking Bran and Meera still have a shot is wasting their time. D&D spelled it out in the clearest possible terms.

Yea. Feels like they made it obvious at this point

11 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Possible. In ep 6 we get these two gems:

”we will talk about the succession when I wear the crown” - does that mean she will never wear the crown? That the succession will be resolved through magic targ baby? 

And 

“i won’t step foot in King’s landing so long as Cersei Lannister is Queen” - does that mean sansa will be queen next time she is in KL? 

Michele Clapton pretty much said that the reason that she didn't give Dany a crown in S7 is that she still has a bit further to go before that can happen. She'll get her crown when she and Jon (I assume) ascend the throne together.

As for the other quote, I think all it promises is that Sansa will return to KL once Cersei's been ousted (likely to celebrate Jon and Dany's coronation).

Although on the whole I think the obvious interpretation is probably the correct one. Sansa will return to King’s Landing when Dany is Queen and magic targ baby will resolve the succession. 

Yes. D&D don't do subtle, LOL.

Michele Clapton pretty much said that the reason that she didn't give Dany a crown in S7 is that she still has a bit further to go before that can happen. She'll get her crown when she and Jon (I assume) ascend the throne together.

I am not going to lie. I think that would be a very satisfying moment for most people who watch the show. Literally 8 years building towards that. I also interpreted Michelle’s comments that way. 

As for the other quote, I think all it promises is that Sansa will return to KL once Cersei's been ousted (likely to celebrate Jon and Dany's coronation).

Yes. D&D don't do subtle, LOL.

Could you imagine if they actually did subtle? 

Archived