Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

Dornishwoman's Husband

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

It's no secret that the writers have blabbed to directors before about future plot points beyond the season the director is filming. Alan Taylor was informed by GRRM when Taylor was filming S1 that GOT is all about Jon and Dany. Alex Graves said that he got future plot details from D&D and used that information to help GOT actors play certain scenes. So it's not crazy to speculate that Shakman knows something beyond S7 that he was told by the writersBrienne has happened before.

Remember that when Jaime said that he wanted to die in the arms of the woman he loved, Bronn answered "Does she want the same thing?"

"She'll be the end of you" suggests that Jaime will die because of Cersei, and if Cersei dies, well, Jaime is unlikely to be far behind.

Alan Taylor never said that they were a thing, just that their stories were converging. I highly doubt they know the ending (maybe the ones of s8 dont even know ! Since they will direct the finale, the showrunners, I mean). And we could also argue that Alan Taylor (or the director who directed no one, I think it is him I could be qrong) also knows that Jaime will belong to Brienne becauae of the commentaries of that same episode ...... HiS HeArt.....it will always be yours to BrieNne and the director agrees. So no dying with the woman he doesnt love im aftaid 

lol I don't like jonerys or Jaime/cersei in the show but they're clearly the 2 most important romantic relationships in the series. Jaime/Cersei will end in tragedy and jonerys will survive and thrive. They're going down that route with Jaime leaving cersei and boatsex happening in the same episode. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Jaime/cersei kill each other and jonerys marriage happens in the same episode too. Hell I bet cersei loses her baby and the same time as dany finds out she's pregnant next season 

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Pretty clearly a parallel between two romantic relationships between main characters in the series.

Literally those four along with Dinklidge are the top billed actors in the show. 

A romantic parallel?????? Cersei and Jaime were never poetrayed as romantic. They are not Romeo and Juliet. Dying together can not be romantic cause they were never such a thing.

Jonerys is not romantic either but I can agree that they are badly written to suggest they are. Not the case of the twins. Not in the books. Not in the show. You see anything aa romantic!

20 minutes ago, larastone said:

lol I don't like jonerys or Jaime/cersei in the show but they're clearly the 2 most important romantic relationships in the series. Jaime/Cersei will end in tragedy and jonerys will survive and thrive. They're going down that route with Jaime leaving cersei and boatsex happening in the same episode. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Jaime/cersei kill each other and jonerys marriage happens in the same episode too. Hell I bet cersei loses her baby and the same time as dany finds out she's pregnant next season 

Yea. It seems super obvious that this is what the show is setting up. 

Of course it could all be a red herring, but that this is what is being set up seems hard to deny. 

6 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Yea. It seems super obvious that this is what the show is setting up. 

Of course it could all be a red herring, but that this is what is being set up seems hard to deny. 

I really just hate that we have to wait 2 years to see it happen. It's such torture to wait so long for 6 measley episodes 

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

A romantic parallel?????? Cersei and Jaime were never poetrayed as romantic. They are not Romeo and Juliet. Dying together can not be romantic cause they were never such a thing.

Jonerys is not romantic either but I can agree that they are badly written to suggest they are. Not the case of the twins. Not in the books. Not in the show. You see anything aa romantic!

They are romantic. 

Here are some definitions for the word romantic: 

“Conducive to or characterized by the expressions of love” 

Jaime is clearly in love with Cersei throughout the entire series. He says it and other people say it. The latest being Olenna in episode 3. Whether Cersei actually loves Jaime is more complicated and or debatable, but in her sick narsistic way she probably does. 

“Relating to love or sexual relationships” 

They clearly have had the longest running sexual relationship in the show. So clearly romantic. 

By at least two definitions of the word their relationship meets the criteria for the word romantic. 

Just now, jcmontea said:

They are romantic. 

Here are some definitions for the word romantic: 

“Conducive to or characterized by the expressions of love” 

Jaime is clearly in love with Cersei throughout the entire series. He says it and other people say it. The latest being Olenna in episode 3. Whether Cersei actually loves Jaime is more complicated and or debatable, but in her sick narsistic way she probably does. 

“Relating to love or sexual relationships” 

They clearly have had the longest running sexual relationship in the show. So clearly romantic. 

By at least two definitions of the word their relationship meets the criteria for the word romantic. 

Romantic and sexual are not synonymous. Some people are asexual but have romantic feelings (to put the extreme case).

btw...thanks for the definition anyway. At first I thought that by romantic you meant a couple in which both are related and the woman has burning desires.

now seriously you should rewatch the show of you see Jaime and Cersei as romantic or think that she loves him. If she was she would have never manipulated him, or cared about him. Haha. I remember back when he returned from his adventures with Bri.....she was super in live with him. She cared a lot! She has always cared about him. Of course! Lol

36 minutes ago, larastone said:

Hell I bet cersei loses her baby and the same time as dany finds out she's pregnant next season 

Agreed. This is super likely. Even in the last episode they established a link with Tyrion guessing Cersei was pregnant and then the scene transitioning to Dany and Jon talking about whether she can have kids or not. 

Also, i think there is a broader point about how Cersei and Dany parallel each other throughout the show starting from season 1. Both of them sold effectively by the head of their house into a marriage with a great warrior. One becomes bitter and resentful because of it and purely focused with her self and her narrow interests while the other develops an incredible degree of empathy and uses it as a spur to leave a positive mark on the world.

3 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Agreed. This is super likely. Even in the last episode they established a link with Tyrion guessing Cersei was pregnant and then the scene transitioning to Dany and Jon talking about whether she can have kids or not. 

Also, i think there is a broader point about how Cersei and Dany parallel each other throughout the show starting from season 1. Both of them sold effectively by the head of their house into a marriage with a great warrior. One becomes bitter and resentful because of it and purely focused with her self and her narrow interests while the other develops an incredible degree of empathy and uses it as a spur to leave a positive mark on the world.

Agreed with all this too. I just wish I found show daenerys interesting like I did with show cersei. I straight up disliked dany in season 7 with the exception of a couple of moments.

i also have to say that I do think it's a bit trite that cersei will be punished for being a bad person in a way that's so feminine (i.e losing a child) but whatever lol. I'm too tired to complain about d&d's shoddy writing for women 

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Romantic and sexual are not synonymous. Some people are asexual but have romantic feelings (to put the extreme case).

btw...thanks for the definition anyway. At first I thought that by romantic you meant a couple in which both are related and the woman has burning desires.

now seriously you should rewatch the show of you see Jaime and Cersei as romantic or think that she loves him. If she was she would have never manipulated him, or cared about him. Haha. I remember back when he returned from his adventures with Bri.....she was super in live with him. She cared a lot! She has always cared about him. Of course! Lol

Your assuming that romantic has to be positive. I don’t think that is the case at all. There are other definitions of the word love to that is not the benevolent one you are assuming.

I think Cersei does love Jaime in her own sick way. Obviously its not a healthy love. Its not a love that is built on wanting the best for that person. But she is deeply attached to him. So much so that he is the main romantic relationship of her life. 

4 minutes ago, larastone said:

Agreed with all this too. I just wish I found show daenerys interesting like I did with show cersei. I straight up disliked dany in season 7 with the exception of a couple of moments.

i also have to say that I do think it's a bit trite that cersei will be punished for being a bad person in a way that's so feminine (i.e losing a child) but whatever lol. I'm too tired to complain about d&d's shoddy writing for women 

I was a huge Dany fan this season. But I have been Team Dany since the beginning so not sure I am capable of judging it objectively. 

Yea. Although she is a bit older. Makes sense her risk of miscarriage is higher. But yea it is a solid point. I am very curious how this last season is going to go. You have two main female characters that need a good resolution to their arcs. Hopefully they don’t mess this up. In my mind the worst would be the Brynden B Fish theory than Jon and Jaime kill Cersei and Dany followed shortly after by the Cersei miscarries Dany dies in childbirth theory. 

3 minutes ago, Newstar said:

We know that Cersei was supposed to have a miscarriage at the end of 7x07 that the writers decided to cut. I'd say the odds are pretty darn good that the miscarriage was bumped to S8 to coincide with Dany's pregnancy.

Yea. If there is one thing this show loves is parrallels. I had been wondering why that was removed and wanting it to coincide with Dany’s news is really the best idea if have heard so far. 

Just now, jcmontea said:

Your assuming that romantic has to be positive. I don’t think that is the case at all. There are other definitions of the word love to that is not the benevolent one you are assuming.

I think Cersei does love Jaime in her own sick way. Obviously its not a healthy love. Its not a love that is built on wanting the best for that person. But she is deeply attached to him. So much so that he is the main romantic relationship of her life. 

love and romance is by definition positive. The other things are obsession and sickness.

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Alan Taylor never said that they were a thing, just that their stories were converging. I highly doubt they know the ending (maybe the ones of s8 dont even know ! Since they will direct the finale, the showrunners, I mean). And we could also argue that Alan Taylor (or the director who directed no one, I think it is him I could be qrong) also knows that Jaime will belong to Brienne becauae of the commentaries of that same episode ...... HiS HeArt.....it will always be yours to BrieNne and the director agrees. So no dying with the woman he doesnt love im aftaid 

The exact Alan Taylor quotes where he indicates that GRRM told him that the whole series is actually about Jon and Dany are upthread, but my point is that the writers have on at least two occasions told directors about future events, which means that there's a good chance that Shakman may have some inside information about plot developments in S8 even if he's not coming back to direct.

Here's the quote from Alex Graves where he implies that he shook down D&D for plot information from future seasons and even endgame information:

Alex Graves: One of the things you’re doing besides planning your shots and hoping to put together, is you’re really becoming a bibliography and a road map. You can’t do anything you don’t know what’s going on, but then you have to tell your actors what’s going on, and they’re incredibly grateful for it. A lot of that comes down to sitting down with Dave and Dan and saying, “What happens in season 6? Because I don’t know what I’m doing.” And they’ll tell you what you’re doing. I’ve had many moments with the actors where I’ve taken them aside and told them, “This is what happens next season” or even at the end of the whole series. And they’ll go, “Oh, thank God you told me that. Now I know how to play it.”

(Bolding and underlining mine.)

10 minutes ago, Newstar said:

The exact Alan Taylor quotes where he indicates that GRRM told him that the whole series is actually about Jon and Dany are upthread, but my point is that the writers have on at least two occasions told directors about future events, which means that there's a good chance that Shakman may have some inside information about plot developments in S8 even if he's not coming back to direct.

Here's the quote from Alex Graves where he implies that he shook down D&D for plot information from future seasons and even endgame information:

Keep in mind that shakman also directed the scenes in which Jaime tells cersei that olenna killed Joffrey and cersei revealed her pregnancy. Those are pretty important points in their relationship so it's possible that d&d told him something about Jaime and Cersei in season 8.

he was pretty clear in saying that j and c's fates are intertwined which makes season 8 "exciting"

38 minutes ago, Newstar said:

That is a money quote. No reason to really doubt Shakeman, unless you don’t like what it could mean storywise. 

Of course their fates being intertwined does not have to mean they both die together per say. 

But thinking about it, Jaime commiting suicide after killing Cersei feels very logical. Basically at that point he would have not only killed the woman he spent his whole life loving but he would have seen how he basically threw his life away for her and his love for her was the great tragedy of his life. Tough to process that emotionally. 

Also, that quote by Graves does suggest Gendrya could be a thing since he told Maise Williams to play her I can be your family line as an i love you line. 

Archived