Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

Dornishwoman's Husband

2 hours ago, jcmontea said:

100% agree. 

So fun imitating him too. The real question is who is funnier to imitate him or Bobbie B.

“I am drinking wine from Jeor Mormont’s skull.... whats that lord comander” or 

“THE WHORE IS PREGNANT NED!!!!

Oh, Karl Tanner all the way.

He's of my top villains in GoT easily. Bob wasn't quite despicable enough for me. He was funny, definitely, but have the fun with Karl is what a sociopath he was.

Plus, when he got dangerous, he looked like he'd bite your head off with his own teeth... agh! Scary!

As for Jonya or whatever it's called, no. I know it was in that draft outline but it wouldn't make sense now with the story we have.

9 minutes ago, Faera said:

He's of my top villains in GoT easily. Bob wasn't quite despicable enough for me. He was funny, definitely, but have the fun with Karl is what a sociopath he was.

Plus, when he got dangerous, he looked like he'd bite your head off with his own teeth... agh! Scary!

He was so good. 

9 minutes ago, Faera said:

As for Jonya or whatever it's called, no. I know it was in that draft outline but it wouldn't make sense now with the story we have.

Joke. :-) 

6 hours ago, Faera said:

It's especially fun to go back and watch Torchwood imagining his characters swapped. All of the big moments where other people accept or forgive Owen for being a bit of a grey character (he's a womanizer and can be a little unempathetic to other people's feelings, even though at heart he's a dedicated medic who lives the Hippocratic Oath) are hilarious when you see them accepting and forgiving Karl instead.

14 minutes ago, falcotron said:

It's especially fun to go back and watch Torchwood imagining his characters swapped. All of the big moments where other people accept or forgive Owen for being a bit of a grey character (he's a womanizer and can be a little unempathetic to other people's feelings, even though at heart he's a dedicated medic who lives the Hippocratic Oath) are hilarious when you see them accepting and forgiving Karl instead.

I personally remember Burn Gorman from a 2009 version of Wuthering Heights starring Tom Hardy as Heathcliff. Gorman played Hindley Earnshaw and he's an utter slime ball in that one.

32 minutes ago, falcotron said:

I think Karl would have more in common with the aliens Torchwood kept in their cells than Owen, so it would have probably freaked the rest of the team out. 

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't know if they have the scripts, in theory next week they will be reading them all together.....

Frankly, I'm dreading them getting those scripts. Especially after last year. *shivers*

58 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Oh Torchwood was great

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't know if they have the scripts, in theory next week they will be reading them all together.....

I also think she does!

Iain Glen implied they wouldn't see the scripts before the read-through. They usually get the scripts four weeks before filming starts.

33 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Iain Glen implied they wouldn't see the scripts before the read-through. They usually get the scripts four weeks before filming starts.

Yes, unless they are lyting, in theory they will see them for the first time next week, which means that they'll start filming in the last days of ctober probably.

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, unless they are lyting, in theory they will see them for the first time next week, which means that they'll start filming in the last days of ctober probably.

Liam Cunningham recently said the table read is this Sunday and Monday, with filming beginning October 16th (Monday) or 19th (Thursday):

Cunningham states that the table read will be taking place over two days, which explains the confusion we had this week, with reports of the read-through happening on Sunday and Monday. Both were correct. Cunningham says that the cast will be reading 3 episodes of season 8 this coming Sunday, and then they’ll finish the remaining 3 episodes the next day.

He also states they’ll spend the rest of the week rehearsing with two of the directors for this season (he doesn’t name which). Then, Cunningham happily shares that filming will start soon after, but he isn’t quite sure of the date! Liam says they’ll begin filming on the 16th or the 19th of October. The 16th is a Monday, which feels more likely for a start date, but you never know!

http://watchersonthewall.com/season-8-read-dates-confirmed-game-thrones-filming-set-mid-october/

1 hour ago, Shmedricko said:

Liam Cunningham recently said the table read is this Sunday and Monday, with filming beginning October 16th (Monday) or 19th (Thursday):

http://watchersonthewall.com/season-8-read-dates-confirmed-game-thrones-filming-set-mid-october/

yeah, just read it. looks like they are all going to discover the ending together.

So, why is Sansa shipped with characters that have 20+ years on her, i.e. Tyrion, Littlefinger and the Hound? Whenever I think about those pairings, I keep thinking about the scene where Littlefinger said "you should have been my daughter" to Sansa and then kissed her. 

1 minute ago, Angel Eyes said:

So, why is Sansa shipped with characters that have 20+ years on her, i.e. Tyrion, Littlefinger and the Hound? Whenever I think about those pairings, I keep thinking about the scene where Littlefinger said "you should have been my daughter" to Sansa and then kissed her. 

Maybe cause there are not that many characters her own age in the story other than Jon. Which could also in part explain the whole Jonsa phenomenon. 

I don't really ship Sansa with anyone, but I wouldn't mind if she ended up with Tyrion (despite the age difference) because while they've both have had an awful experience with "love/romance" so far, I think that there's a big chance that they'd actually make each other happy. Despite the shitty situation they both where in during late S3/early S4, they had chemistry and it seemed like there was an embryo of actual affection between the two which could've grown into something more given enough time. Joffreys murder ended that development however. 
I really like (parts of) the scene during the purple wedding where Joffrey harasses Tyrion and forces him to pick up the cup from the ground, and then kicks it under the table before Tyrion can grab it, only for Sansa to grab the cup instead and wordlessly hand it over to Tyrion. They had already developed some loyalty towards each other at that point, probably founded in mutual hatred towards Joffrey.

Edit: I don't want Sansa to end up with the Hound because that's just...weird, and I can't ship Sansa with Podrick because ...well, I can't ship two characters who have yet to actually interact with one another. 

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Sansa and Tyrion don't love each other. Tyrion said that the marriage was a farce this season.

I didn't say they do either, but I can see them learning to love each other and being happy with each other given enough time and proximity, unlike say Sansa/Sandor or Sansa/Podrick.

8 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Sansa and Tyrion don't love each other. Tyrion said that the marriage was a farce this season.

A love match in the Seven Kingdoms seldom happens. The irony to me is that, technically, her marriage to Ramsey was the farce as I don't think her marriage to Tyrion was ever properly dissolved. You can't just call the marriage a farce and call it a day.

Oddly enough, when Tyrion asks, "Did she miss me terribly?" to Jon, the truth is - she probably did. At least, as a husband. Tyrion was one of the few men who was truly kind to her and who she was safe with; Ramsey abused and repeatedly raped her. I know who I'd pick if I were her.

1 hour ago, jcmontea said:

Maybe cause there are not that many characters her own age in the story other than Jon. Which could also in part explain the whole Jonsa phenomenon. 

Yeah, that was weird. :huh:

In the books, there are plenty of blokes to randomly ship her off with. Show-wise, it's basically Podrick or one of the older characters... which might explain the random spike in SanPod fics I've seen floating around.

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

I really like (parts of) the scene during the purple wedding where Joffrey harasses Tyrion and forces him to pick up the cup from the ground, and then kicks it under the table before Tyrion can grab it, only for Sansa to grab the cup instead and wordlessly hand it over to Tyrion.

That last bit (Sansa retrieving the cup and handing it to Tyrion) wasn't in the books, but they seemed to be getting along better in 4x02 than they were in the books at that point: whispering to each other at the wedding, Tyrion holding her hand when "Robb" was killed during the dwarf jousting bit, etc. I thought at the time that it might be because Tyrion and Sansa would never see each other again, and the relatively warmer tone in the show compared to the books would be a nice way to tie off that particular relationship, but with Tyrion, Jon and Dany on their way north at the end of S7, it seems very unlikely that they won't see each other again, so we'll see.

I can't ship Sansa with Podrick because ...well, I can't ship two characters who have yet to actually interact with one another. 

I don't get Pod/Sansa predictions at all. "Tee hee they'd be cute together"-type shipping? Fine, sure, but actually thinking they'll end together? As far as I recall, he has said not one single word to her since Sansa met up with Brienne in Season 6. Granted, Book Pod was shy around Sansa because he had a bit of a crush on her, but there's been no indication of TV Pod getting flustered or indeed of having any reaction to Sansa at all, other than being pleased when she accepted Brienne into her service (and that had more to do with his regard for Brienne). 

I know that the joke about Pod/Sansa shipping is that she deserves a guy who's good in bed after Ramsay and that TV Pod is apparently so awesome in bed that prostitutes refuse payment, but that bit from the show was just D&D playfully riffing on the fact that Daniel Portman is apparently quite the ladies' man in real life, so that's neither here nor there.

Lastly, I think Pod may very well be on the chopping block for Season 8, along with all the other secondary characters who can fight, so I can't see him ending up with anyone, really.

Archived