Dornishwoman's Husband

Season 8 potential characters couple pairings

492 posts in this topic

So I guess the only guy who's left around Sansa's age is... Podrick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

So I guess the only guy who's left around Sansa's age is... Podrick?

But Sansa doesn't love Podrick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But Sansa doesn't love Podrick...

Does she love Sandor? Haven't seen anything. 

 

I'd just prefer Sansa wind up with someone who's close to her age, makes it feel less awkward for me.

Edited by Angel Eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Does she love Sandor? Haven't seen anything. 

 

I'd just prefer Sansa wind up with someone who's close to her age, makes it feel less awkward for me.

Sansa would grew to love him after they slept together. Magic Pod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Does she love Sandor? Haven't seen anything. 

 

I'd just prefer Sansa wind up with someone who's close to her age, makes it feel less awkward for me.

But it's about who she loves, who she decides to love -that's  the important thing. She is an adult now, and Sandor is supposed to be the same age than Tyrion in the books and in the show, so yes, he is older, but he is in his thirties in the show.

Sincerely, I'd prefer her to be alone than paired with Podrick or anyone else out of nowhere without a story.

But she has one with Sandor....

https://romancingthecage.tumblr.com/post/90157713456

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

So I guess the only guy who's left around Sansa's age is... Podrick?

Lol, if this was going to happen, it would at least have been hinted at. They've been in the same physical vicinity for two seasons and haven't had a single interaction other than the oath-taking scene. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

In the show they have extended her FM version of herself due to shocking twists TM (playing LSH for instance) and there's no way that Sansa and Arya will be staying in Winterfell plotting against each other in the books. In  their last scene together, Arya and Sansa are finally free of their darkest paths and they both miss their father. they are happy together, yet her stories have not been finished yet ( that's what they say in the first scene when they both meet).

Gendry is still looking for a family, someone who can be trusted, and he'll find Arya again. They have experienced lots of things together and they always trusted each other. She wanted to be his family.

And the last time Arya saw Gendry she was extremely concerned, there was a long, a really long shot.....

Yeah, I also think Arya's interaction with Nymeria might be interpreted to foreshadow her marrying Gendry. A lot of people are interpreting it as "Arya is a lone wolf because her wolf won't return to Winterfell". However, Nymeria is not actually a lone wolf. She's simply broken off from her original family (although there is still a bond there, obviously) and started her own family/pack. Arya might be headed the same way. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Absolutely. It's been hinted as well and it will happen. There's no one else who would make Sansa happy at this moment than Sandor, and he is still "angry at gingers".

LF told Sansa about Sandor, and he asked her if she was safe, and if she was happy. She said yes to the first question, we had no answer to the second. Interestingly, Sandor was mentioned in that same scene! Oh, and she reacts with her eyes when she hears his name (keeping the reaction to herlsef).

Yeah, I definitely don't think Sansa's story will end without her finding a solid life partner to be happy with (if she survives to the end). Her whole story has been about being broken down; there needs to be a building up too. If her story is basically "This girl wants to get married...so she must end up alone!", that would be a let down, IMO. 

 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It will 100% happen. At least the acknowledge of their love for each other. But this is the most hinted romance in all the series IMO and I think that the comments about "fucking" from Bronn will become true. They are each other's soulmates and they will make love, possibly.

For sure. This one has to have some resolution 100%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I'd just prefer Sansa wind up with someone who's close to her age, makes it feel less awkward for me.

I think they've been trying to normalize the age thing as much as possible on the show. In the books, once Sansa is not underage any more, it won't be an issue since it's only 15-17 years difference, I believe. While not the norm, that age difference is seen even in modern couples. In the medieval times, that's perfectly fine. 

As for the show, they've visually built Sophie-as-Sansa into quite a matriarchal figure. The way she responds to her little brother and sister coming home; the way she's dressing Jon in clothes she's made for him so that he can feel more confident; her exasperated-mom-with-rebellious-teen act with Arya; even the way she was dressed as of the finale - she really does not seem like a child at all any longer. In fact, the aura she gives off seems way too mature for even Gendry or Pod. I really think she will suit better with an older guy who can (and has) fit into a paternal role.

Also, we've seen her kiss Littlefinger (whose actor is the same age as Rory) so they're not beyond showing Sophie kissing a much older actor. 

Edited by Song of the Sea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Newstar said:

There's no suggestion that Bran is putting on an act. That's who he is now.

Bran is not putting on an act. Isaac, the actor, is, but then he always is, because he's an actor.

What D&D and Isaac have both said is that this is who Bran is now, but not necessarily permanently. For example, read the EW interview right after the reunion.

They use words like "just yet" and "still". The in-universe reason Bran is like this is because he hasn't had enough time to assimilate all the knowledge available to him, and there's no reason he couldn't eventually come to terms with it. (In another interview, they compare it to Luke leaving his training with Yoda early, and Luke ended up just fine.) The out-of-universe reason is that they needed a way to keep Bran from being too powerful a force for the Starks, and that's no longer a problem when they get to the finale.

So, they could well give him a happy ending. I can give multiple reasons why I think that would be a bad idea,* but if D&D think it's a good idea—and they seem to think it is—then it's what's going to happen. 

---

* Most obviously: This is supposed to be a world where great power requires great sacrifice. Bran becoming a super-wizard by sacrificing his humanity and his empathy and everything that makes him lovable Bran is a great story for this world. Bran becoming a super-wizard by making it a little harder for himself to figure out how to be lovable Bran so he spends a few months annoying his sisters is not much of a sacrifice, and not a great story, and not even the Dr. Manhattan story they want to write.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Come on, what would GRRM know about adaptations of Beauty and the Beast? :)

25 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Sansa would grew to love him after they slept together. Magic Pod. 

Pod's magic is needed elsewhere.

First, if Jon's magic fire wight sperm isn't enough to knock up Dany, only Pod's magic penis can do it.

But, beyond that, Westeros is going to need a lot of repopulating after the coming devastation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Song of the Sea said:

Yeah, I also think Arya's interaction with Nymeria might be interpreted to foreshadow her marrying Gendry. A lot of people are interpreting it as "Arya is a lone wolf because her wolf won't return to Winterfell". However, Nymeria is not actually a lone wolf. She's simply broken off from her original family (although there is still a bond there, obviously) and started her own family/pack. Arya might be headed the same way. 

Yes, exactly. I think it's a fair assumption. Nymeria is leading her pack and chooses it over being someone's pet in Winterfell. Nymeria chooses her own family. It's a sad scene though because Nymeria clearly loves Arya, but she makes a decision.

She is not a lone wolf, because she has a pack, so by "lone wolf" I think that the showrunners wanted to emphasize is that she will be herself, probably in an unconventional way, she will not be "someone's pet" /the wife of someone's Lord (if she marries him they will be equals)  and ultimately she will do what Nymeria does, protect and/or lead her own pack. Anf Gendry is looking for one...

Quote

Yeah, I definitely don't think Sansa's story will end without her finding a solid life partner to be happy with (if she survives to the end). Her whole story has been about being broken down; there needs to be a building up too. If her story is basically "This girl wants to get married...so she must end up alone!", that would be a let down, IMO. 

 

For sure. This one has to have some resolution 100%. 

Yes, Sansa has become more strong and they showed her as a good Lady in charge. She is capable of many things. What she lacks now is love. But she has been married to Tyrion (someone she didn't love and was from the Lannister family) and then to the son of her enemies, and a sadist. SHe won't settled down with a random Lord, she won't marry again out of duty. This time she will decide who she marries or loves, and the only one left who she has a story with is Sandor. And when they see each other again next season the tension will be palpable..

 

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

snip

I've said my piece and you've convinced yourself that Bran/Meera still has a shot despite ample evidence to the contrary, so I don't think there's anything more to be said on the subject.

 

2 hours ago, Song of the Sea said:

Arya/Gendry: I would love to see this but I'm not sure how it would play out. Back in Season 2, I would have believed Arya could end up with Gendry but post-Faceless Men, I almost feel likeshe might be too far gone down a dark, dark path.

As good as it might be for her mental health at this point to put down her sword, I can't imagine her doing something as "normal" as marrying and being the matriarch of a high family (Lady Baratheon). 

The writers have pretty much admitted that Arya will never be "domesticated" in the sense of settling down as the lady of a castle married to a lord. Lady Arya Baratheon is off the menu.

Going off the books, without reference to the show, there's really very little evidence that Gendry/Arya will be a thing. Book Arya is offered marriage to an "honest apprentice" by the FM and wants none of it. Book Gendry seems destined to marry Willow Heddle, a more class-appropriate version of Arya, and given Gendry's resentment over Arya's high birth, a girl like Willow is probably a better fit for him anyway.

 

Quote

Sansa/Sandor: I think this will be the big romance of S8, if there is any.

LOL, no. To D&D, TV Sandor is a dim bulb, good for dick jokes and swears. Not romance material.

 

Quote

Brienne/Jaime: They will acknowledge their love for each other (maybe even consummate it) but unfortunately, I think Jaime is going to die. HE was the original big baddie from the pilot; he has to end the series by sacrificing himself for the greater good. 

Pretty much this.

 

Quote

I actually don't think her arc has been about rejecting marriage. I think her arc has been about rejecting pretty illusions and knightly fantasies wherein men and women had clearly specified roles that she thought everybody would neatly fit into. Marriage and children are mere practicalities within those fantasies

That seems like a flimsy distinction. Sansa's fantasies have been very much tied up in marriage and babies. She did it with Joffrey and (in the books) with Willas. Silly fantasies about romantic, loving marriages and cute babies blinding her to harsh realities (Joffrey was a monster, the Tyrells only wanted to use her) are very much linked to the delusions she needs to be cured of.

In the books, Sansa is already pretty sour on marriage. She's converging on TV Sansa's preference for power and autonomy, albeit through a different route.

 

Quote

Sansa began the story believing and wishing to leave her family and integrate into her husband's family where she would bear children who would take her husband's name.

No, she dreamed of a romantic marriage that would make her happy and which would confer on her the status and lifestyle she craved. The best resolution for her arc would be to realize that marriage in Westeros is a shitty deal, that she doesn't need marriage to make herself happy,  and that she can claim power in her own right.

 

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Absolutely. It's been hinted as well and it will happen. There's no one else who would make Sansa happy at this moment than Sandor,

LOL, no. Sansa hasn't mentioned Sandor since Season 2, either directly or indirectly. 

 

50 minutes ago, Song of the Sea said:

Yeah, I also think Arya's interaction with Nymeria might be interpreted to foreshadow her marrying Gendry. A lot of people are interpreting it as "Arya is a lone wolf because her wolf won't return to Winterfell". 

Yes, because that's what the writers said. The writers described Nymeria as a "lone wolf." So the fact that Nymeria is surrounded by other wolves is immaterial to the writers' view of the similarities between Nymeria and Arya. They're both lone wolves. 

 

Quote

However, Nymeria is not actually a lone wolf. She's simply broken off from her original family (although there is still a bond there, obviously) and started her own family/pack. Arya might be headed the same way. 

Again, the writers' comments strongly imply that the parallel they see between Nymeria and Arya is that they can't be domesticated or settle down. Cogman even said that the scene with Nymeria foreshadows Arya's fate (or words to that effect). 

 

Quote

Yeah, I definitely don't think Sansa's story will end without her finding a solid life partner to be happy with (if she survives to the end). Her whole story has been about being broken down; there needs to be a building up too.

She has been built up. She had her moment of triumph in Season 6, when she regained Winterfell and took revenge on her abuser, and again in Season 7, where she got rid of Littlefinger. Sansa reclaiming her home, claiming her power, and realizing that she much prefers running things without a man in the picture--even a well-meaning dolt like Jon--is only tragic if you subscribe to very limited ideas about how women can be happy. 

 

Quote

If her story is basically "This girl wants to get married...so she must end up alone!", that would be a let down, IMO. 

No, it's "This girl who subscribed to romantic bullshit about how she needs marriage to get the life she wants, got shuffled about as a pawn, learns hard lessons about the realities of life, eventually realizes that she can achieve everything she wants from life through her own power, and proceeds to kick ass and get everything she wants." That's not sad or a letdown. That's triumphant. That's an Oscar bait movie plot right there. 

Edited by Newstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Bran is not putting on an act. Isaac, the actor, is, but then he always is, because he's an actor.

What D&D and Isaac have both said is that this is who Bran is now, but not necessarily permanently. For example, read the EW interview right after the reunion.

They use words like "just yet" and "still". The in-universe reason Bran is like this is because he hasn't had enough time to assimilate all the knowledge available to him, and there's no reason he couldn't eventually come to terms with it. (In another interview, they compare it to Luke leaving his training with Yoda early, and Luke ended up just fine.) The out-of-universe reason is that they needed a way to keep Bran from being too powerful a force for the Starks, and that's no longer a problem when they get to the finale.

 

Oh yes,good catch. I agree with that.

ALso, about his ending, the fact that he recovers his sanity and still sacrifices is also a possibility, and another option could be him losing his innocence and ending up as Lord of Winterfell (something that makes sense but that many people doesn't find plausible now), as he was the first Stark child we met, learning about the Stark duties in his first POV,  closing the circle.  I'm sure Martin has a believable yet not conventional ending for him. In his POVS he is a resilient child, we see the surface, but deep inside he is a non-conformist, an explorer, and even the show has shown the rebellious side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

ALso, about his ending, the fact that he recovers his sanity and still sacrifices is also a possibility, and another option could be him losing his innocence and ending up as Lord of Winterfell (something that makes sense but that many people doesn't find plausible now), as he was the first Stark child we met, learning about the Stark duties in his first POV,  closing the circle.  I'm sure Martin has a believable yet not conventional ending for him. In his POVS he is a resilient child, we see the surface, but deep inside he is a non-conformist, an explorer, and even the show has shown the rebellious side. 

The big problem with making Bran take over as Lord of Winterfell is that if he doesn't want it, and Sansa does, why would he take it? And, assuming Sansa isn't going to die or get promoted to Queen of Westeros or something, how would they write it without nullifying her story?

Isaac (without having read the S8 scripts yet) seemed to see his character ending up as Hand of the King, in a couple different interviews. Because being all-knowing is the only you can do that job without being conniving. And actually, that would work for me, if not for the same reasons. He'd be completing a different circle: Bloodraven the half-brother of the king who serves as his hand eventually becomes the three-eyed raven who's replaced by the three-eyed crow who becomes Bran the half-brother of the king who serves as his hand. And for those of us who remember that Bloodraven was feared as a dark sorcerer with his thousand eyes and one, and eventually had to "sacrifice his honor for the good of the realm", it's not nearly as "happily ever after" as it looks at a casual glance.

Anyway, if I were writing this, and didn't have anything from GRRM to go on, and were bound to the idea of Bran recovering his humanity at the end of S8, here's what I think I'd do: His recovery actually goes pretty quickly, and he becomes a grown-up version of lovable old Bran, reconnects with his sisters, maybe even starts a romance with Meera. But the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 ends the same way as 1.0 did—the Walkers not destroyed, but driven off, fleeing into the far North. And Bran realizes that someone needs to stand guard, to make sure they don't return again as soon as humanity is unprepared. There's nobody who can do it but him, plugged into a tree. So he says a tearful goodbye and goes back to his cave, and now the world is safe for another 8000 years. It's much more tragic than Bran never recovering, because now that he's regained himself, he knows what he's giving up—but, at the same time, it's also a lot happier, because at least he had those good times, and his family got closure instead of just having to learn to live with this spooky robot who looks like their brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Newstar said:

She has been built up. She had her moment of triumph in Season 6, when she regained Winterfell and took revenge on her abuser, and again in Season 7, where she got rid of Littlefinger. Sansa reclaiming her home, claiming her power, and realizing that she much prefers running things without a man in the picture--even a well-meaning dolt like Jon--is only tragic if you subscribe to very limited ideas about how women can be happy. 

 

No, it's "This girl who subscribed to romantic bullshit about how she needs marriage to get the life she wants, got shuffled about as a pawn, learns hard lessons about the realities of life, eventually realizes that she can achieve everything she wants from life through her own power, and proceeds to kick ass and get everything she wants." That's not sad or a letdown. That's triumphant. That's an Oscar bait movie plot right there. 

I don't believe there's anything regressive about desiring romantic love, man or woman. You can be "kick ass" without sliding into the "Lone Ice Queen" trope. I believe both Sansa's and Sandor's arcs would be best completed by finding happiness in that sense because of the particular story they have each been given (which I've already explained in previous comments). 

My point, though, is that the circumstances you've described as "building her up" are not. Those are character growth - signs that she has learned from the harsh lessons she has been dealt. They were  triumphant in the moments they were executed, but they don't go a long way in making her happy/content in general - as suggested in LF's insinuation about Sansa not being happy.

When I said "building up" I meant it more as building back up some of the hope and faith that Sansa was so full of at the beginning and that has been taken away from her. Sansa as she stands right now does not believe that things like love or loyalty exist. THAT, for me, is the let down - that they would punish her entirely for being idealistic to the point of entirely isolating her from those romantic concepts. As we, the audience, know, love DOES exist in this world. Sansa's parents had a loving marriage; Jon, Dany, Robb, Jaime, Brienne - they've all known what it is to have truly loved and been loved by a partner. To me, the let down would be for Sansa (and Arya) to end their stories having only been exposed to the terrible side of romance and sexuality without any hope for experiencing the good side of it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, falcotron said:

The big problem with making Bran take over as Lord of Winterfell is that if he doesn't want it, and Sansa does, why would he take it? And, assuming Sansa isn't going to die or get promoted to Queen of Westeros or something, how would they write it without nullifying her story?

Isaac (without having read the S8 scripts yet) seemed to see his character ending up as Hand of the King, in a couple different interviews. Because being all-knowing is the only you can do that job without being conniving. And actually, that would work for me, if not for the same reasons. He'd be completing a different circle: Bloodraven the half-brother of the king who serves as his hand eventually becomes the three-eyed raven who's replaced by the three-eyed crow who becomes Bran the half-brother of the king who serves as his hand. And for those of us who remember that Bloodraven was feared as a dark sorcerer with his thousand eyes and one, and eventually had to "sacrifice his honor for the good of the realm", it's not nearly as "happily ever after" as it looks at a casual glance.

Anyway, if I were writing this, and didn't have anything from GRRM to go on, and were bound to the idea of Bran recovering his humanity at the end of S8, here's what I think I'd do: His recovery actually goes pretty quickly, and he becomes a grown-up version of lovable old Bran, reconnects with his sisters, maybe even starts a romance with Meera. But the Battle for the Dawn 2.0 ends the same way as 1.0 did—the Walkers not destroyed, but driven off, fleeing into the far North. And Bran realizes that someone needs to stand guard, to make sure they don't return again as soon as humanity is unprepared. There's nobody who can do it but him, plugged into a tree. So he says a tearful goodbye and goes back to his cave, and now the world is safe for another 8000 years. It's much more tragic than Bran never recovering, because now that he's regained himself, he knows what he's giving up—but, at the same time, it's also a lot happier, because at least he had those good times, and his family got closure instead of just having to learn to live with this spooky robot who looks like their brother.

Yes, I could see that ending as plausible, though it's more bitter than sweet (actually, it's a tragedy), but definitely more likely that he never recovering and being a robot or an exposition machine. 

About the ending of being Hand..yes, he said that! And with your explanation now it really makes a lot of sense as well!!!!!!! Also, now Bran is teaming up with Sam, the other member of the knowledge department (also another potential candidate to be Hand of someone).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Song of the Sea said:

Also, we've seen her kiss Littlefinger (whose actor is the same age as Rory) so they're not beyond showing Sophie kissing a much older actor. 

Of course, that scene was squicky as hell. Especially the line about Littlefinger saying that Sansa could have been his daughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Of course, that scene was squicky as hell. Especially the line about Littlefinger saying that Sansa could have been his daughter.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I only pointed that out to show that it's not like the showrunners would never show something like that on TV or anything. Also, Sansa has grown a lot since then. Back then she was a child being pawned around by grown up game-players. Now, she's very much being built into the the head of House Stark. It's a far more mature vibe that she gives off now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newstar said:

 

Going off the books, without reference to the show, there's really very little evidence that Gendry/Arya will be a thing. Book Arya is offered marriage to an "honest apprentice" by the FM and wants none of it.

The writers have pretty much admitted that Arya will never be "domesticated" in the sense of settling down as the lady of a castle married to a lord. Lady Arya Baratheon is off the menu.

Again, the writers' comments strongly imply that the parallel they see between Nymeria and Arya is that they can't be domesticated or settle down. Cogman even said that the scene with Nymeria foreshadows Arya's fate (or words to that effect). 

 

Yep! This! As I said, she won't be domesticated in her future life. She won't be a typical Lord's wife. She will marry an equal, might even rule his castle (not in the way she believed she wouldn't in s1,), or she will be live with him adventures as an explorer with the one she loves, Gendry! 

 Nymeria stays with her pack. She will do the same. She will choose her pack like Nymeria. 

I love this one........

 

Father….

The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives

I miss him

 

Arya is quickly reminded of her father then......

And.....

That's the sentence Arya picks up when she is worried in the books.

That's the sentence that will "safe" her in the books....

...

The FM men tells her that she will be no one's daughter as well in the same sentence. Of course, that's not Arya Stark  :)

 

You will be no one's daughter, no one's wife, no one's mother. Your name ...

she won't do what the FM told her. She will find love with Gendry.

 

We know she cares about her father ...... The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.... The connection goes full circle.

And of course.... Her name.......

 

 

show: I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I'm going home"

 

 

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

Book Gendry seems destined to marry Willow Heddle, a more class-appropriate version of Arya, and given Gendry's resentment over Arya's high birth, a girl like Willow is probably a better fit for him anyway

Destined to Willow!

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

 

No, she dreamed of a romantic marriage that would make her happy and which would confer on her the status and lifestyle she craved. The best resolution for her arc would be to realize that marriage in Westeros is a shitty deal, that she doesn't need marriage to make herself happy,  and that she can claim power in her own right.

 

LOL, no. Sansa hasn't mentioned Sandor since Season 2, either directly or indirectly. 

 

 

She has a beautiful reaction though...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/92ef071fc7f05b60c59f8c6f048e941e/tumblr_ot7v4vCpWA1rj64mso1_540.gif

or the video:

 

What about happy?

SanSan will happen!

....................................................................

Quote

LOL, no. To D&D, TV Sandor is a dim bulb, good for dick jokes and swears. Not romance material.

 

Oh and Sandorspeak!

I dn't give two shits about wildings! Gingers I hate!!!

 

....................................

And this parallel...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9e/5e/50/9e5e5031765f87e4bb138919684da138--sansan-valar-morghulis.jpg

She will be protected by......Sandor!

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Song of the Sea said:

When I said "building up" I meant it more as building back up some of the hope and faith that Sansa was so full of at the beginning and that has been taken away from her. Sansa as she stands right now does not believe that things like love or loyalty exist. THAT, for me, is the let down - that they would punish her entirely for being idealistic to the point of entirely isolating her from those romantic concepts. As we, the audience, know, love DOES exist in this world. Sansa's parents had a loving marriage; Jon, Dany, Robb, Jaime, Brienne - they've all known what it is to have truly loved and been loved by a partner. To me, the let down would be for Sansa (and Arya) to end their stories having only been exposed to the terrible side of romance and sexuality without any hope for experiencing the good side of it. 

!! Important. 

32 minutes ago, falcotron said:

The big problem with making Bran take over as Lord of Winterfell is that if he doesn't want it, and Sansa does, why would he take it? And, assuming Sansa isn't going to die or get promoted to Queen of Westeros or something, how would they write it without nullifying her story?

Isaac (without having read the S8 scripts yet) seemed to see his character ending up as Hand of the King, in a couple different interviews. Because being all-knowing is the only you can do that job without being conniving. And actually, that would work for me, if not for the same reasons. He'd be completing a different circle: Bloodraven the half-brother of the king who serves as his hand eventually becomes the three-eyed raven who's replaced by the three-eyed crow who becomes Bran the half-brother of the king who serves as his hand. And for those of us who remember that Bloodraven was feared as a dark sorcerer with his thousand eyes and one, and eventually had to "sacrifice his honor for the good of the realm", it's not nearly as "happily ever after" as it looks at a casual glance.

I'm ok with either of these options: Lord of Winterfell or Hand of the King, not so much the last one but it's a possibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.