Heresy 202 and still going

Black Crow

43 minutes ago, Brad Stark said:

Unless he was the same person as the Last Hero, who was associated with the First Men and Children of the Forest.  Melisandre is going to give us a fire-centric view.  So Azor Ahai could be a fire champion, but I'd have an easier time believing it if someone who didn't follow R'hllor told us that.

There's no prophecy concerning the Last Hero, while everything about the AA prophecy comes from out east and its worth noting that Salladhor Saan warns Davos that AA is not a nice person

We also have Rhaegar say tpwwp has a "Song of ice and fire".  If tpwwp is the same as aa, it doesn't necessarily mean he is of ice and fire,  it could be a song about a man of fire fighting an enemy of ice.  But I tend to take it to mean tpwwp is of both.  

We also have "The pact of ice and fire" promising the Starks a Targaryan princess, which to me seems like it will later suggest "what if".  Starks and Targaryan are special bloodlines and there is a special role from someone descended from both families.

5 hours ago, Black Crow said:

It is the Song of Ice and Fire, ie he has a part to play in that song or conflict; and as the child in question is Targaryen/Dornish he isn't both

Rhaegar believed his son was TPWWP.  He might have been right or wrong.  If he was right, TPWWP was Targaryen/Dornish, and either killed by Gregor at a young age or switched via Varys's story.  If Rhaegar was wrong, TPWWP could be Jon, who could be Targaryen/Stark and therefore of Ice and Fire himself.  Rhaegar believed himself to be TPWWP before he had a son, so we have precedent for him being wrong.

Everything we've seen about AA is about Fire.  AA may or may not be the same as the TPWWP, but TPWWP has a Song of both Fire and Ice.  Both are prophesied to return. 

The Last Hero is not prophesied to return, but AA is.  We have stories that The Last Hero was responsible for defeating the Others.  We have stories that AA was responsible for defeating the Others.  If both The Last Hero and AA were the same person the last time the Long Night came around, and he was more than just a Fire Champion, how would he be just a Fire Champion this time around?

43 minutes ago, Brad Stark said:

We have stories that AA was responsible for defeating the Others.

I think it's curious that the legend tells us that when the first men came; they came with fire in their fists. This does sound like Melisandre's claim that the Wall is as much her place as it is Jon's, might have some credibility.  Or that the Red Lot was involved in the first battle for the Dawn in some way.  Although the way the champions of fire are shaping up; I'm not looking for any heroes:

- Mel's version is Stannis as the Warrior and the Son of Fire and herself as the crone lighting the way.

- Euron version is another that is shaping up to be quite horrendous and involves Dany or her dragons in some way

- Dany, who in some cases sees herself wreaking vengence on the usurpers; which would fit with Benerro's version or with Victarion, as the warrior of fire. 

In the end, I think it is the warrior teamed with crone lighting the way that will prevail.  That I think involves Jon and Dany after they go down some dark paths of their own.

In the end, this might also involve Dany supporting Aegon, who will restore the realm to peace, prosperity and justice, after a time of war.  I think this is what Rhaegar saw as his purpose as the PwP, and then Aegon's purpose, when he came to a different conclusion about the prophecy.  

Archived