I don't care for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Tyrion1991

13 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Well, obviously the Blue Plague is different from the Black Plague, of course.

The Green Plague, meanwhile, is apparently a term for a zombie virus invented by the game Plague, Inc.

The White Plague is also bacterial—it was the name for tuberculosis when it became epidemic in the 19th century.

The Red Plague is neither bacterial nor viral—it's the name for when copper corrodes when put next to corroded silver or when plated with silver. Some American right-wingers use the term to refer to third-world Communism, but I think that's also neither viral or bacterial.

I don't know if there's a prionic plague that has a nice color name to go with it. Mad cows don't really change color when they go mad.

:( I'm sorry, you may have stepped over the line there. Have you no concern for victims of BSE? Sadly, my uncle spontaneously combusted shortly after being diagnosed with bovine spongiform encephalopathy - fortunately he was able to warg into the right hemisphere of Rhaegor's brain, of great Targaryen renown, before his multiple death. If I have my family history right, this was shortly before the great tournament at Harrenhall.

Family history does have varying questions about Maester Julian Jaynes treatment (so to speak) of our uncle. But, you know how it is with family...

;)

I definitely agree with this and i'm holding out that there is more to the Others/the apocalypse than what we've been told and shown. ASOIAF is ultimately fantasy and that means it will have fantasy trappings and conventions but i'll very disappointed in the overall story. I just am not really invested in the overarching danger and only care for some of the character relationships and the more flawed, down to earth people e.g Bronn, Sandor, Jaime.

I think something good could come out of it if it's used as a vehicle for a larger subversion, but if by the end it's really just Jon Snow wielding light bringer in a world ending confrontation it'd be more than willing to flip the channel or grab another book from the shelf.

Archived