Is there any evidence that Tarbeck could be good Hand of the King for Tommen?

Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn

After Tywin's death Cersei cannot find a loyal Hand of the King. Could she find one if Tarbecks survived?

• Tarbecks didn't marry dragons.
  • They didn't become Hand of the King before.
  • There are no member of Kingsguard from this family.

What we know about them is their rebellion. Could they change story if Tywin didn't kill them?

Im just curious as to why this matters?  I mean the Tarbecks didn't seem like great at advising and really didnt have great judgment.  

Ummm but hey lets go down the rabbit hole!!  I honestly think the Tarbecks should have been the only ones extinguished.  The Reynes and the Red Lion were really kinda only drawn in by Lady Tarbeck, albeit they did have their own sins.  If either House had survived I think it would only help people like the Starks, because there could be a Western Family that wanted to actively get rid of the Lannisters.  You can be sure that the Houses would have been far weaker than they had been.  

2 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

Tyrells have Tarly, Hightower, Rowan and Redwyne. I think Lannisters deserved at least one.

Kevan Lannister thinks that Lords Randyll Tarly and Mathis Rowan would be good Hands, but Cersei objects because they are from the Reach (AFFC Cersei II). Jaime thinks that Ser Forley Prester and Lord Roland Crakehall, both westermen, would be good (AFFC Jaime VII).

4 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

Tyrells have Tarly, Hightower, Rowan and Redwyne. I think Lannisters deserved at least one.

The Lannisters have several competent bannermen. They've got the Marbrands, the Crakehalls, the Presters, the Plumms, the Jasts, the Swyfts, and the Braxes (Braxs?). And that doesn't even get into all the other Lannisters and Lannister-derived houses.

I don't think a Tarbeck would have been a good Hand for Tommen, unless there was one who wasn't ambitious.

3 hours ago, Seams said:

A Tarbeck as Hand of the King? That could have worked out very well.

Especially if Tommen wanted his reign to be notable.

It's nice when power remains Ellyn the family.

I see what you did there. :D

5 hours ago, Davos the Dragonslayer said:

Part of that may be because the Tyrells have maintained their dominance for 300 years by marrying everyone in their realm with any power, while the Lannisters do it by crushing anyone with any power who steps out of line. (Or, under a weak Lannister like Tytos, they just don't maintain dominance at all.)

So, it's not entirely a coincidence that every competent leader in the Realm is probably a trusted friend of Mace's, while the first Western house you thought of who could supply a good Hand is one that's been wiped out by Tywin.

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I see what you did there. :D

There were three, though:

A Tarbeck as Hand of the King? That could have worked out very well.

Especially if Tommen wanted his reign to be notable.

It's nice when power remains Ellyn the family.

Just sayin. ;)

Archived