game of thrones wedding reading

Patrina Caruana

I'm a fan of the show who just started reading the books. I'd love to incorporate GOT into my wedding somehow and saw this quote on a wedding website: 

"As you are the Moon of his life, he shall be your Sun and Stars. Your love shall be as ever present as those two celestial bodies...even though they are sometimes hidden from one another's sight. Your love will be the guiding force that charts the course of your tomorrows, holds your world together in difficult times, and will make life itself shine bolder and brighter than we human beings have a right to dream of."

Is this from the books? Can someone point me to the book and page #? Is it from the show? Or is the just fan fiction. 

thanks, Trina 

the only people who refer to each other as moon of my life and Sun and Stars are Dany and Drogo.   And I'm  sure that was never said during their wedding (although it won't take much to check).

I think its 99% likely to not be in the books or show.

Also this really belongs in General (ASOIaF)      not General Chatter  (Gen Chat is for non-book or show stuff)   Welcome to the board.

17 hours ago, Patrina Caruana said:

I'm a fan of the show who just started reading the books. I'd love to incorporate GOT into my wedding somehow and saw this quote on a wedding website: 

"As you are the Moon of his life, he shall be your Sun and Stars. Your love shall be as ever present as those two celestial bodies...even though they are sometimes hidden from one another's sight. Your love will be the guiding force that charts the course of your tomorrows, holds your world together in difficult times, and will make life itself shine bolder and brighter than we human beings have a right to dream of."

Is this from the books? Can someone point me to the book and page #? Is it from the show? Or is the just fan fiction. 

thanks, Trina 

Make sure your wedding features at least 3 deaths, or else you certainly won't make it on the NYT's wedding announcements.

Welcome Patrina! And  Congratulations!!!! Wedding planning can be quite exciting and overwhelming. Good luck!

Pretty sure, that quote is not in either the books or show, though it's possible it could have been in an extended blue ray addition? Either way, does it matter? If it's a quote you like use it!  Our youngest daughter recently married ( May 27th!). The wedding was very much inspired by LOTR and GOT. But she didn't want it to be too literal. So she pulled aspects that she liked. And it was a stunning day. Everyone walked away with a "fairytale" feel.

Etsy is great for personalized decor.  The bridesmaids incorporated the GOT theme into her bridal shower with a Wedding is Coming banner and goblets .

They incorporated the "I am yours and you are mine" into their vows.

And if you enjoy or think your guests will enjoy Harp music...Camille and Kennerly have a few GOT songs. And yes Rains of Castemere was played during the reception......:D But again it was subtle.

Best wishes to you!

11 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

No, that isn't from either book or show. I think there are three different wedding customs we see in the books - the Faith of the Seven, the Old Gods and a mix of the Old Gods and R'hllor, but none from the Dothraki.

A Dothraki wedding usually involved a killing or two and falling down drunkenness.

14 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

What about where the dude marries a seal because Asha wasn't around?  Probably had more saltwarer and seaweed than moon and stars, but still, pretty poignant.

Sealed with a kiss?

Archived