Most evil act in the series?

Reginald blackfield

I'd personally say the most evil acts in the series are:

1) Ramsay's treatment of Donella Hornwood.

2) The deaths of Aegon and Rhaenys.

3) Tywin's destruction of the Reynes. (due to how over-the-top his methods were)

4) Randyll Tarly threatening to kill Samwell.

5) Victarion murdering his wife for being raped.

What do you think?

I'd say most of the deeds done by "normal" people to normal people. Like Saltpans, the raiding of the riverlands by Clegane, the same things Clegane did to Vargo Hoat in Harrenhal. There are quite some villages where its inhabitants were murdered. There's a lot of disgusting sh*t happening in the background of the War of the Kings.

1 hour ago, Reginald blackfield said:

Ramsay's treatment of Donella Hornwood.

Why is locking her in a tower to starve to death more evil than hunting naked peasant women with his dogs and then raping them to death if they gave good sport, flaying them and leaving them to die if they didn't? Because noble ladies are worth more than peasant girls?

6 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Why is locking her in a tower to starve to death more evil than hunting naked peasant women with his dogs and then raping them to death if they gave good sport, flaying them and leaving them to die if they didn't? Because noble ladies are worth more than peasant girls?

Flaying someone's fingers and leaving them to eat them sounds pretty bad. Plus, he raped Donella too. It just codifies how evil Ramsay is, as it's one of the first times he's mentioned in-story and that he would go out of his way to rape a lady, force her to marry him, flay her fingers and leave her to eat them in a desperate attempt to stave off starving to death.

I'm going to go with the most evil acts of murder, and here they are in chronological order:

- the Blood and Cheese incident

- the murder of the Reynes and Tarbecks

- the murder of Rickard and Brandon Stark

- the murder of Elia, Aegon and Rhaenys

- the Red Wedding

There are others, of course, but these are the ones that really stand out to me by how vicious and/or sadistic they were.

1 hour ago, Reginald blackfield said:

What do you think?

Strong contender: Bran's possession of Hodor.

Here you have a loyal friend who risked his life for Bran, carried him for hundreds (thousands?) of the most inhospitable miles in the world. How does Bran repay his loyal service? By subjecting him to abject horror, stripping him of his agency. And does he have a good reason? Does this serve a greater good? Does this even have any real benefit to Bran himself? No. No he does it because he feels like it and he can.

2 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

Here you have a loyal friend who risked his life for Bran, carried him for hundreds (thousands?) of the most inhospitable miles in the world. How does Bran repay his loyal service? By subjecting him to abject horror, stripping him of his agency. And does he have a good reason? Does this serve a greater good? Does this even have any real benefit to Bran himself? No. No he does it because he feels like it and he can.

I agree only I think Bran did it to save himself which is just as bad. The final warging of Hodor, that is.

Some of the most evil acts I can think of:

- Ramsay in general. Everything he does is pretty damn evil

- What Tywin did to Tysha & Tyrion 

- I know it's been mentioned but Blood & Cheese has to be at the top. 

- The tickler's questioning techniques

- Joffrey beheading Ned - I get that this is not on the same level as the other things mentioned here but the fact that his daughters watched him die is heart wrenching to me. 

Is a depraved act more evil when it is does for gain (Tywin) or when it is simply done for the hell of it (Ramsay)?

Not sure myself.

Anyway, Euron, who seems somewhere between gain and mindless, probably deserves a mention as well for his treatment of Falia and the rest of those he has mutilated and kept aboard his ship.

And Craster for his treatment of his daughters and sons.

5 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

I agree with this.  Also everything Varamyr Sixskins did.

Not a single act mentionned above comes any close to Daenarys promising a dragon for an army and not only going back on her word and stealing said army but burning the other person and ordering the massacre of an entire class of people. Then takes all the other persons slaves as 'servants' lol

Archived