Most evil act in the series?

Reginald blackfield

On 09/23/2017 at 3:58 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Walder Frey wasn't forced to do anything. He willingly joined the rebellion and got a good deal out of it (granted that deal fell through).

What about the thousands of people that were also slaughtered? It wasn't just Stark lords that were killed, there were thousands of soldiers that thought they were among allies. There is no way to defend the red wedding as an appropriate response to breaking a bretrothal. Walder Frey should have withdrawn his support of Robb and if he wanted revenge should have gave his men to the iron throne and Robb would have been dealt with when the war was over.

On 9/21/2017 at 0:25 PM, Spilledguts said:

Not a single act mentionned above comes any close to Daenarys promising a dragon for an army and not only going back on her word and stealing said army but burning the other person and ordering the massacre of an entire class of people. Then takes all the other persons slaves as 'servants' lol

killing so many was bad I won't argue that. But going back on her word wasn't a big deal in the GOT world. and she didn't take the slaves as servants but freed them and let them do what they wanted.  The red wedding far outdoes this act that she did.

there are so many horrible acts. The riverlands will basically have their population cut down to 25% of what it was prior to the war because due to the destruction of the farms,food supplies,shelter, and other stuff like this the famine that comes will be massive. I mean if the winter lasts a year so many will starve it will be ridiculous. Not to mention all of tywins monsters that killed and raped the riverlands to an insane degree.

The red wedding was horrible not just because the starks were killed but that thousands more were as well though it is put into the backround.

The iron isles is full of it.

Stannis and the red women burning people alive.

Cersei giving people to qyburn

Vargo hoat is a special type of evil.

Joffrey

Varymr six skins

half the stuff tywin does is pure evil.

The list just goes on and on.

16 hours ago, Tianzi said:

We had dozens of children murders and rapes, what exactly makes those stand out?

It feel a bit more personal I think because we get to know Oberyn and we're constantly told what a kind, gentle person Elia was. And while plenty of children die and plenty of rape happens, I don't think we hear of a massive brute of a man raping a woman after bashing her infant son's head against a wall.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, snow is the man said:

killing so many was bad I won't argue that. But going back on her word wasn't a big deal in the GOT world. and she didn't take the slaves as servants but freed them and let them do what they wanted.  The red wedding far outdoes this act that she did.

The Red Wedding happened because someone went back on their word. 

Big and terrible act of treachery though it was, a smallish army and a few lords died. In Yunkai, an entire class of people was massacred. Imagine the bloodletting and horrors that happened in such a large city when all the slaves were told to start killing.

Also, what am I missing from this whole "They are free" concept so many people spew here. The only slaves currently being fed and living decently are those directly serving Daenarys in the same fucntion they served before. None of them are "free". Just because your master is more beautiful and says cool things like "Break the wheel!!" does not make you free, fed or safe. 

29 minutes ago, Spilledguts said:

The Red Wedding happened because someone went back on their word. 

Big and terrible act of treachery though it was, a smallish army and a few lords died. In Yunkai, an entire class of people was massacred. Imagine the bloodletting and horrors that happened in such a large city when all the slaves were told to start killing.

Also, what am I missing from this whole "They are free" concept so many people spew here. The only slaves currently being fed and living decently are those directly serving Daenarys in the same fucntion they served before. None of them are "free". Just because your master is more beautiful and says cool things like "Break the wheel!!" does not make you free, fed or safe. 

I agree the massive killing was bad but I was saying the part about breaking her word wasn't anything special. Honestly it was just a large business deal to them. Kind of like buying a sword then killing the guy who sold it to you with that sword. The red wedding was a wedding and was all about an alliance. the treachery is another level.

I think dany saying (kill everyone over 12 ) was too much. Also many of the people who "serve her in the same role" were trained to do that. Many of them were specifically trained for that role their whole lives. The difference is they are paid for it and free to leave as well as a number of other things. Dany specifically mentions this with the bed slaves. They are doing what they always did what they know how to do.

I mean can you imagine the unsullied doing anything besides being warriors.

I still shudder at what Theon and Ramsey did to the Miller's boys. The point of so many of the terrible things that happen in the books is that they are consequences for bad choices. Even if the punishment is one hundred times worse than what they did, like the Red Wedding, you cannot say they were an innocent in what happened to them. What happened to the Miller's boys - what could have happened to Bran and Rickon - and the Miller's wife was horrendous.

Similar to poor Jeyne Poole. Though she still has her life, the torture she endured at Ramsey's hands was horrifying. Theon, though what happened to him was terrible, was ultimately punished threefold for his poor choices and crimes. Jeyne did nothing to deserve what she went through so I feel her pain more.

11 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I think dany saying (kill everyone over 12 ) was too much.

The people killed in her slave revolt were the lucky ones.

The highborns who weren't over 12 were rounded up after Cleon's coup to be turned into Unsullied. And even if they managed to escape that somehow, there was soon no food in the markets even for those who have money, so everyone was starving, and the streets were littered with corpses. And then came the Yunkai siege, the civil war, and the bloody flux. Those who escaped were hunted down by sellswords to prevent the flux from spreading to Yunkai. The ones who made it to Meereen were locked outside the gates, then recaptured by the Yunkai

who used them as plague cows, to be launched into the city to splatter and spread the disease

On 9/23/2017 at 10:55 AM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

The most evil act in the series?  This is an easy one to answer.  Answer: Slavery and all that goes along with it.  I don't think this is even a contest.  Those "wise/great" masters are evil people.

I agree with you.  And it has been going on for thousands of years.  Think of the millions who suffered because of it.

Here are some runner ups to most evil acts:

1. Craster's baby donations to the White Walkers.  The sacrificed children were innocent.
  2. In terms of catastrophic damage, I would also add Jon's betrayal of the Night's Watch because it will break down the defense of the wall due to the chaos and divisiveness that it created.
  3. Human sacrifices to the trees, like the ones practiced by the Starks and their ancestors.
  4. The "manufacturing" of an Unsullied soldier, as practiced by the Astapori.

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

I agree with you.  And it has been going on for thousands of years.  Think of the millions who suffered because of it.

1. Craster's baby donations to the White Walkers.  The sacrificed children were innocent.
  2. In terms of catastrophic damage, I would also add Jon's betrayal of the Night's Watch because it will break down the defense of the wall due to the chaos and divisiveness that it created.
  3. Human sacrifices to the trees, like the ones practiced by the Starks and their ancestors.

<_< Jon-Hate much?  How in the world could Jon's decisions regarding the  NW be considered in line with the other evil acts on your list? The decision to let the wildlings in, which is what caused the divisiveness to begin with was made because A. It helped the wildlings survive winter B. It kept the NW from having to fight them C. It kept the NW from having to fight them again as wights. I would be hard pressed to say chaos ensued afterwards. 

The decision to march on WF was not necessarily a good one, definitely not thought through. But again was made with the intention of helping people. We don't know if this caused chaos because we haven't gotten anymore text after Jon is killed. 

So, how can those decisions or betrayals made with good intentions be any where near the most evil act in the series especially when the act you are calling 'most evil' - the break down of the defense of the wall - hasn't even happened? 

3 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

In terms of catastrophic damage, I would also add Jon's betrayal of the Night's Watch because it will break down the defense of the wall due to the chaos and divisiveness that it created.

That's more of a stupid or selfish act than an evil one. Jon's "fatal flaw" has always been his family and he was intending to go because he wanted to save his baby sister. It was stupid of him, but so was the choice to stab him to death. You understand where both sides were coming from, so neither is "evil".

7 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

The Unsullied training is one of the most evil acts by one men against other men.  Daenerys was right to rescue the unsullied from their evil masters and deliver judgment on the vile slavers.  That was one of the most decisive and heroic moves in the entire series, the liberation of the unsullied by Daenerys Stormborn. 

23 hours ago, falcotron said:

The people killed in her slave revolt were the lucky ones.

The highborns who weren't over 12 were rounded up after Cleon's coup to be turned into Unsullied. And even if they managed to escape that somehow, there was soon no food in the markets even for those who have money, so everyone was starving, and the streets were littered with corpses. And then came the Yunkai siege, the civil war, and the bloody flux. Those who escaped were hunted down by sellswords to prevent the flux from spreading to Yunkai. The ones who made it to Meereen were locked outside the gates, then recaptured by the Yunkai

Reveal hidden contents

who used them as plague cows, to be launched into the city to splatter and spread the disease

yes but she didn't intend for that to happen. The "most evil acts in the series) kind of have to be ones that were done on purpose.

The freys,boltons,and lannisters who planned the red wedding for example knew exactly what would happen.

Dany put a council in place not cleon who took power. She was naive in that scenario but she had planned on making things right. 

Archived