Looking for help with partially-developed fan fiction project

Hammers1895

Hi I'm Matt, I am working on a fan-fiction project, not sure what it will end up being yet in terms of short-story vs. novella-length (similar to Dunk & Egg stories). Enough material for probably 2-3 Dunk&Egg-length pieces.

A little about me: My nerd-flag doesn't fly high or proudly. I am very much into LOTR/The Hobbit, and very much into ASOIAF, and that's pretty much where it ends. So I guess "high fantasy". I see Tolkien as above and beyond everyone else, and GRRM as his worthy successor.

I don't do anything in space (Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Babylon 5, whatever). I don't like "classic" sci-fi/horror or old-school stuff like The Twilight Zone or The Phantom Tollbooth or Mad Max, Terminator, Alien, Bladerunner, Judge Dredd or pretty much anything post-apocalyptic except for The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead. I don't play and have never really been into video games, I haven't played since a Halo 2 binge in college which was way back in 2007-2008. 

I don't do super heroes or comic books. I couldn't tell you which person was Marvel or D.C. I don't dress up or go to conventions or buy action figures or wear the t-shirts. I don't like Narnia or Redwall or The Wheel of Time or anything else. It's restricted to Tolkien and Martin (and when I was younger, Harry Potter of course), so I'm not looking for a next-level nerd who is going to assault my sensibilities with any of the above-mentioned nonsense. If that offends. This is purely because I am enthralled with the world GRRM created and can't get enough of it and have been waiting impatiently for the next book and in the meantime have come up with a lot of my own ideas of things I would like to see happen in the world of ASOIAF.

One caveat--this work is strictly based off the BOOKS. Nothing to do with the show. Whoever ends up assisting here will have to be able to separate those two story lines in their mind. I have developed new house/character/castle&keep&municipality names and a background story line (based off of where GRRM has left us after ADWD but projecting 150 years into the future beyond the events of (and dealing with the repercussions of) ASOIAF. Just looking for some help with the plot, need to story-board it out, so to speak.

My biggest issue is giving voice to characters. I struggle to write in the 1st and 3rd -multiple persons. I excel at mapping out the larger "world", structure, but need help with character development and some holes in plot, to make connections so it all ties together.

Anyone interested email me at [email protected] and I can share what I have so far, and if you are intrigued, we can get started!

Please put "ASOIAF" into the subject line so your email isn't lost in a spam/junk folder somewhere.

Thanks for the read and hope to hear from y'all.

Archived