Outlander II: Sing me a Song...

Theda Baratheon

6 hours ago, Zorral said:

I agree with you.  Which as much as I admired this series as a screen series, I found re-watching impossible and will not watch this season.  I have read many of the books too, and found the same problem.  I just quit at about this point -- a little before.

Aesthetically speaking, it is so beautiful. It is well produced, well acted. Even the plot isn't that bad. But simply, I find it incredulous that every member of their family is raped. It is simply playing one card too many times.

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

God that last episode destroyed me. I really couldn’t take it I was sobbing and found it so difficult. Hated seeing Claire put through that and be so powerless knowing that there was nothing she could do about it, even after the fact. 

I’ve read that some people found it very well done and as victims of a similar nightmare appreciated the acting. But my goodness it just felt like...every character has been raped...

The episode itself was great, no doubt about that. Balge is an amazing actress and she did everything perfectly. Especially in terms of clashing her trauma with her medical oaths. 

As for bolded part... Yes, it just feels that way (and somehow is that way). That is what makes this episode, as brilliant as it is in its microcosm, problematic on a larger scale.

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I will continue to watch the show because I LOVE it. I love the characters and I love the actors but my goodness...

I suppose I will be tuning in for Season 6 but "Outlander" lost its touch. Whether it is source material, or something else, I have no idea, but they need to think deeply about Season 6. The ratings are awful, especially compared to Seasons 2 and 3 and that all happened during the quarantine when people had to stay home.

6 hours ago, Mladen said:

Aesthetically speaking, it is so beautiful. It is well produced, well acted. Even the plot isn't that bad. But simply, I find it incredulous that every member of their family is raped. It is simply playing one card too many times.

The episode itself was great, no doubt about that. Balge is an amazing actress and she did everything perfectly. Especially in terms of clashing her trauma with her medical oaths. 

As for bolded part... Yes, it just feels that way (and somehow is that way). That is what makes this episode, as brilliant as it is in its microcosm, problematic on a larger scale.

I suppose I will be tuning in for Season 6 but "Outlander" lost its touch. Whether it is source material, or something else, I have no idea, but they need to think deeply about Season 6. The ratings are awful, especially compared to Seasons 2 and 3 and that all happened during the quarantine when people had to stay home.

I didn’t realise ratings were awful! It has a HUGE fan base...

i personally think it’s the source material...the show has differed in small ways from the books and the fans get furious sometimes but I hope it differs some more if it means not being quite as outdated. I still love it though & I did enjoy the whole moral and medical oath from Claire and her conflicting emotions. Balfe is amazing. And Marseli doing it for her :( shows how much she loves & respects Claire 

15 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I didn’t realise ratings were awful! It has a HUGE fan base...

I know and I find it strange, but nonetheless, it is. Season 3 had 1,5 million viewers per episode on average, Season 5 is at 0,81. That's more than 40% drop.

15 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

personally think it’s the source material...the show has differed in small ways from the books and the fans get furious sometimes but I hope it differs some more if it means not being quite as outdated.

I suppose that this is something they will have to think about eventually. But, I do feel they would benefit greatly from rethinking the source material.

The Oulander book series was to my wife what ASOIAF was for me. While there were some standout episodes this season, we both agreed that our interest in the show is waning. She said she started losing interest in the books about this part of the story too, so it may just be the source material rather than the show.

The actors do a great job, though. Roger is one of my favorites and Bree has grown on me. Marseli also has become a favorite. 

Years past we would get Starz for the premiere. This year we waited a few weeks. I think next year, we'll wait until the season is finished and then binge watch it. 

Archived