Sansa should have killed Littlefinger herself.

Angel Eyes

THE MAN who passes the sentence…” said Ned Stark… but do you really think Ned Stark would agree that his daughter act as executioner?

Anyway everyone is aware that Sansa don't know how to handle a sword or an axe, so it's out of the question unless everyone agrees with a probable butchery…

That said, I'm sure a scene  with Sansa trying to cut a head would have been more entertaining than any of the Sand Snakes fight…

Arya, fetch me a block…

Boom!

Aarrrrrrgggg!!!!!

Oops, sorry Lord Baelish, let me try again…

5 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

THE MAN who passes the sentence…” said Ned Stark… but do you really think Ned Stark would agree that his daughter act as executioner?

Anyway everyone is aware that Sansa don't know how to handle a sword or an axe, so it's out of the question unless everyone agrees with a probable butchery…

That said, I'm sure a scene  with Sansa trying to cut a head would have been more entertaining than any of the Sand Snakes fight…

Arya, fetch me a block…

Boom!

Aarrrrrrgggg!!!!!

Too many uncomfortable parallels with Theon

I honestly think it would have been brilliant to see Sansa trying to decapitate Littlefinger with a sword and taking a dozen blows before he finally died painfully and messily, leaving Sansa covered in blood and shaking in tears and exhaustion.

D&D seem to want to show us that vengeance isn't pretty, but they keep undercutting that message the next episode with a fist-pumping "Starks, fuck yeah!" scene every time. This would definitely be "vengeance isn't pretty" rather than "Starks, fuck yeah".

But D&D found a way to have their cake and eat it too, by treating Sansa plus Arya together as the "wolf pack" that killed Littlefinger. Which works, and I don't think it's really cheating, but I do still wish they'd done my version.

20 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Arya, fetch me a block…

Boom!

Aarrrrrrgggg!!!!!

And then on the other hand, we have Robb, who had never executed anyone, execute Rickard Karstark with a single blow.

17 minutes ago, House Rootbreaker said:

Ser Rodrik had a thick neck compared to Rickard Karstark

But Karstark had a longer and thicker beard. Didn't see if his neck was thicker. 

And then there's Littlefinger, whose beard doesn't extend past his chin and has a thinner neck. But I had envisioned Sansa slitting his throat instead of decapitating him.

It was disappointing for me, a very underwhelming scene but Sansa symbolizes innocence, purity and illusions, the moon maiden, GOT does a bad job of showing this, but I see it more clearly in the books, she can't kill a person (directly) because it would go against her character. 

"Clean hands, Sansa. Whatever you do, make certain your hands are clean."

I'm not saying Arya is "impure", but she has different symbolisms. The Starks are a pack, and together they are stronger. 

"The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

1 hour ago, TRILOGY said:

It was disappointing for me, a very underwhelming scene but Sansa symbolizes innocence, purity and illusions, the moon maiden, GOT does a bad job of showing this, but I see it more clearly in the books, she can't kill a person (directly) because it would go against her character. 

I think we were supposed to see that Arya and Sansa were truly united after the tension between them. Which is why I think they deliberately had Sansa pass the sentence and Arya swing the sword.

18 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I think we were supposed to see that Arya and Sansa were truly united after the tension between them. Which is why I think they deliberately had Sansa pass the sentence and Arya swing the sword dagger.

This.
Sansa didn't even have to tell Arya when to carry out the sentence, Arya knew when it was time.

3 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Well, that went out the window after Season 5.

It's so much more than just her virginity. 

2 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I think we were supposed to see that Arya and Sansa were truly united after the tension between them. Which is why I think they deliberately had Sansa pass the sentence and Arya swing the sword.

Yes, but I don't see her killing anyone (with her own hands) in the books or the show, it just goes against everything she represents. 

It would be cool tho. 

I honestly don't see Sansa, Bran or even Arya being capable of swinging a huge-ass execution sword.

But they certainly should've done better than butchering LF with a knife in the hall. As far as the execution decorum goes, even Joffrey did better with Ned Stark.

1 hour ago, TRILOGY said:

Yes, but I don't see her killing anyone (with her own hands) in the books or the show, it just goes against everything she represents. 

It would be cool tho. 

Well, her innocence too, since she's been bounced from one psychopath (Joffrey) to another (Littlefinger) and then to the worst (Ramsay). I never understood why Littlefinger gave her to the Boltons, considering what Littlefinger wants with Sansa.

2 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

It would be cool tho. 

Not sure how Sansa can represent purity on the show after the way she killed Ramsey. Not only did she feed him to his dogs, but her brother deliberately stopped himself from killing Ramsey in order to give Sansa that kill. Also, this is the woman that wanted to strip a teenage boy and girl of their ancestral home because of the crimes of their uncles/ parents. 

Maybe in the books, but in the show Sansa def does not represent innocence and purity. 

EDIT: This is the woman that wrote off her brother as dead before a major battle. The woman who openly admires Cersei. The woman who at least thought about taking out her own sister.

If anything, Sansa represents the loss of innocence and the embrace of pragmatism in order to stay alive and safe. 

Archived