Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 9/28/2017 at 8:59 AM, SirArthur said:

Last Scene. "The Lannisters send their regards." Cut. The show is over. 

Actually that'd be a heck of a last line from Tyrion in a super happy ending like a Dany/Jon wedding. What am I talking about? If that happens it will only be because the red comet is about to crash into Westeros.

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I guess I am forever out of the spirit of GOT and the story, I don't find that spoiler exciting but depressing.  More evidence that the end is going to be nihilistic, dark and unhappy.  I wish i never started with this

It's a fantasy trope.

"Watching Troy Burn is what the heroes do as they see a home or place they care about being attacked and possibly even having already been destroyed. And the thing that makes it so heart-wrenching to them is that for some reason, there's nothing that they can do about it."

Examples: The scouring of shire, Battle of Hogwarts, Home Tree in Avatar, etc. 

Source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WatchingTroyBurn

40 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

It's a fantasy trope.

"Watching Troy Burn is what the heroes do as they see a home or place they care about being attacked and possibly even having already been destroyed. And the thing that makes it so heart-wrenching to them is that for some reason, there's nothing that they can do about it."

Examples: The scouring of shire, Battle of Hogwarts, Home Tree in Avatar, etc. 

Source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WatchingTroyBurn

Yes, but why has it to be 

Spoiler

WF?always the Starks...

but hey, maybe they just rebuild it.

Spoiler

and then Brandon STark will be King at the end

5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I guess I am forever out of the spirit of GOT and the story, I don't find that spoiler exciting but depressing.  More evidence that the end is going to be nihilistic, dark and unhappy.  I wish i never started with this

The books were already nihilistic.

10 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

The books were already nihilistic.

i foolishly believed the author when he used to say he wasn't a nihilist.  but then i also believed him the first few years when he said the show wouldn't overtake the books.  now i know better on both counts.

This upcoming Dubrovnik shoot will likely be critical. If Dubrovnik is (again) doubling for KL, which it likely is given that they're using the same location that they've used in previous years, and if Kit does show up as rumoured, then it's likely from fairly late in the season, since he'll probably be up north for the first part of Season 8. If neither Miguel Sapochnik nor David Nutter are seen during the Dubrovnik filming, we'll know it's from 8x06 (the last episode).

What else do we know?

1. The Dubrovnik filming will take place over a few days, to film one scene.

2. Filming is taking place by the water, near Nautika restaurant.

3. Photos of the set show props--baskets, caskets, chests, carts, etc.--as well as crew setting up canopies. Similar look to Arya's scenes in the Braavos market in Season 5.

So it looks like the scene could involve characters debarking at KL, or loading up at KL. Could also be a Flea Bottom scene, given the market look.

The filming location they picked is close to a pretty busy thoroughfare from what I can tell from Google Maps, so hopefully some local spies will get us the goods. Dubrovnik newspapers have already posted set pics online showing the crew setting up and the props.

Kit left Iceland yesterday. Dubrovnik filming is supposed to start "any day now," so we'll see if Kit turns up in Dubrovnik as speculated. 

29 minutes ago, Newstar said:

This upcoming Dubrovnik shoot will likely be critical. If Dubrovnik is (again) doubling for KL, which it likely is given that they're using the same location that they've used in previous years, and if Kit does show up as rumoured, then it's likely from fairly late in the season, since he'll probably be up north for the first part of Season 8. If neither Miguel Sapochnik nor David Nutter are seen during the Dubrovnik filming, we'll know it's from 8x06 (the last episode).

What else do we know?

3. Photos of the set show props--baskets, caskets, chests, carts, etc.--as well as crew setting up canopies. Similar look to Arya's scenes in the Braavos market in Season 5.

So it looks like the scene could involve characters debarking at KL, or loading up at KL. Could also be a Flea Bottom scene, given the market look.

The filming location they picked is close to a pretty busy thoroughfare from what I can tell from Google Maps, so hopefully some local spies will get us the goods. Dubrovnik newspapers have already posted set pics online showing the crew setting up and the props.

Kit left Iceland yesterday. Dubrovnik filming is supposed to start "any day now," so we'll see if Kit turns up in Dubrovnik as speculated. 

Could it be a scene with Theon? or GC?

1 hour ago, Newstar said:

What else do we know?

Apparently, it will only take three days, so I don't think it will be that important. It could be the Starks, after escaping WF. 

Spoiler

It's not epilogue material because Lena will be there, WOTW reported the news. 

Source: http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-sets-dubrovnik/

3 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

Apparently, it will only take three days, so I don't think it will be that important. It could be the Starks, after escaping WF. 

Reveal hidden contents

It's not epilogue material because Lena will be there, WOTW reported the news. 

Source: http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-sets-dubrovnik/

It's probably just Cersei meeting Euron as he docks at KL with the GC in episode 1 or 2.  The red tent would be what she stands under with Qyburn and the Mountain as she waits.  

8 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

i foolishly believed the author when he used to say he wasn't a nihilist.  but then i also believed him the first few years when he said the show wouldn't overtake the books.  now i know better on both counts.

I don't think destroying WF (again) makes him a nihilist.  Destroying WF and killing some Starks or Jon on top of it would be pretty nihilistic if that's what happens imo, but if the endgame is WF being destroyed but the Starks/Jon surviving, I'd say that's just bittersweet.  

9 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I don’t think he is a nihilist. But I def think he is an existentialist in the Sartre mode. Part of existentialism was that objectively the world is absurd and devoid of meaning but that we add our own subjective meaning to things.

7 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Could it be a scene with Theon? or GC?

3 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

It's probably just Cersei meeting Euron as he docks at KL with the GC in episode 1 or 2.  The red tent would be what she stands under with Qyburn and the Mountain as she waits. 

Kit is rumoured to be there, so it's unlikely to be Euron/Cersei.

Can't be GC, because Harry Strickland's actor won't be filming until May/June.

I should have mentioned that the scene will have no extras, which would also rule out the GC.

49 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Kit is rumoured to be there, so it's unlikely to be Euron/Cersei.

Can't be GC, because Harry Strickland's actor won't be filming until May/June.

I should have mentioned that the scene will have no extras, which would also rule out the GC.

Any theories as to what it is?

Archived