Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

45 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Yes, here.

I'm wondering if the autographs were a hoax and Isaac isn't there after all. Looks like only Jon, Cersei and Cersei's entourage are involved in the scene.

Biggest question (assuming no Bran): why is Jon there by himself? Unless of course the rest of his crew is there but Cersei demands to meet with Jon alone.

D&D alluded to writing a meaty Kit/Lena scene for S8 in the S7 DVD commentaries, so I guess this is it. Should be fun.

Perhaps Jon and Cersei fall in love with each other.

It looks like Jon is kneeling to Cersei in some of the pics:  Link

My bullshit meter is going off with this...what are the odds paps manage to get a shot of such an important scene as that through a tiny window in the wall that all these major characters (and crew) just happened to position themselves right in front of?  Did they not notice the paps on the ground below? 

I'm not saying they did an entire fake day...there probably really is a scene between Jon/Cersei, but it occurs to me they might have taken a moment or two to stage this kneeling in front of that window just to fuck with people.  The way they are crammed perfectly in front of that window is very suspicious.  

13 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

My bullshit meter is going off with this...what are the odds paps manage to get a shot of such an important scene as that through a tiny window in the wall that all these major characters (and crew) just happened to position themselves right in front of?  Did they not notice the paps on the ground below? 

I'm not saying they did an entire fake day...there probably really is a scene between Jon/Cersei, but it occurs to me they might have taken a moment or two to stage this kneeling in front of that window just to fuck with people.  The way they are crammed perfectly in front of that window is very suspicious.  

Seriously, this happened last year too, can we not? They're not filming fake scenes, they've never done that before, it's a waste of money, we're not that important. 

"Nikolaj: They know how expensive it is to shoot. You're not going to waste $100,000 a day to shoot something you're not going to use. It's not going to happen." [Source]

Gif version of the kneeling. 

3 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

Seriously, this happened last year too, can we not? They're not filming fake scenes, they've never done that before, it's a waste of money, we're not that important. 

"Nikolaj: They know how expensive it is to shoot. You're not going to waste $100,000 a day to shoot something you're not going to use. It's not going to happen." [Source]

Gif version of the kneeling. 

Did you miss the part where I said they definitely didn't film an entire fake day and Jon/Cersei scenes are happening?  

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought they said they intended to shoot several fake endings? It isn't like the showrunners have ever worried about wasting HBO's money before.....

The show isn't actually filming multiple endings. [source]

"Nikolaj: Do you think that's true? It seems really stupid to me. I mean if it's true I don't believe it, but I don't know, maybe. I mean, I haven't read the script, so unless they will show several endings that could be a twist, they're not going to waste that money. They know how expensive it is to shoot. You're not going to waste $100,000 a day to shoot something you're not going to use. It's not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

The show isn't actually filming multiple endings. [source]

"Nikolaj: Do you think that's true? It seems really stupid to me. I mean if it's true I don't believe it, but I don't know, maybe. I mean, I haven't read the script, so unless they will show several endings that could be a twist, they're not going to waste that money. They know how expensive it is to shoot. You're not going to waste $100,000 a day to shoot something you're not going to use. It's not going to happen.

This is his opinion, he says it seems stupid and he doesn't believe it.  That doesn't really mean anything since the showrunners themselves said they were going to film fake endings.  Now, they may have been lying or not.  We know they did have the actress who played Shae show up in costume when she wasn't in the show....so they are not above playing some games.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

This is his opinion, he says it seems stupid and he doesn't believe it.  That doesn't really mean anything since the showrunners themselves said they were going to film fake endings.  Now, they may have been lying or not.  We know they did have the actress who played Shae show up in costume when she wasn't in the show....so they are not above playing some games.

Fine, you're free to believe that but it's silly to dismiss them because we don't "like" something.

Well, I am not sure how financially shooting of fake scenes make sense? We have been spoiled entire Season 6 and 7 and it didn't affect the ratings. So, I see no point in shooting fake scenes, like full scenes, for no point other than making false trails.

7 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

Fine, you're free to believe that but it's silly to dismiss them because we don't "like" something.

It's not about liking anything, it's what HBO said.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/entertainment/game-thrones-season-endings/index.html

I know in 'Game of Thrones,' the ending, they're going to shoot multiple versions so that nobody really know what happens," Bloys said in a recording of his Moravian College speech released and first reported by The Morning Call.

You have to do that on a long show. Because when you're shooting something, people know," he added. "They're going to shoot multiple versions so that there's no real definitive answer until the end."

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's not about liking anything, it's what HBO said.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/entertainment/game-thrones-season-endings/index.html

I know in 'Game of Thrones,' the ending, they're going to shoot multiple versions so that nobody really know what happens," Bloys said in a recording of his Moravian College speech released and first reported by The Morning Call.

You have to do that on a long show. Because when you're shooting something, people know," he added. "They're going to shoot multiple versions so that there's no real definitive answer until the end."

Again, believe what you want, but it's not realistic, they have a budget: $90M.

"Kit Harington filmed multiple fake scenes for Game of Thrones Season 7."

That's what they said last year, and they lied. 

2 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

Again, believe what you want, but it's not realistic, they have a budget: $90M.

"Kit Harington filmed multiple fake scenes for Game of Thrones Season 7."

That's what they said last year, and they lied. 

Wait... are you saying a for profit business would not just burn money for no reason other than to throw off a few people on the internet who would consume their product anyways?

On 2/8/2018 at 2:00 PM, Ser Wun Wun said:

I believe that for S7, there were pap shots of a Jaime/Cersei scene in front of that very same window. That's probably how the paps knew to target it.

An article from L7R was posted a few days ago about the Belfast exterior set (which is standing in for KL). Key points:

1. Last weekend was spent moving fuel tanks, but on Monday, the fuel tanks were gone, and L7R speculates that it's because they had been used: smoke could be seen rising from the set. 

2. A hole was made in one of the walls (meaning a breach from an attack, maybe?).

3. Filming isn't yet over, because a sort of tower is being added to the walls. 

Pics are in the article I linked.

This has led L7R to speculate that rather than a simple dragon attack, KL is being subjected to a full siege. 

51 minutes ago, Newstar said:

I believe that for S7, there were pap shots of a Jaime/Cersei scene in front of that very same window. That's probably how the paps knew to target it.

An article from L7R was posted a few days ago about the Belfast exterior set (which is standing in for KL). Key points:

1. Last weekend was spent moving fuel tanks, but on Monday, the fuel tanks were gone, and L7R speculates that it's because they had been used: smoke could be seen rising from the set. 

2. A hole was made in one of the walls (meaning a breach from an attack, maybe?).

3. Filming isn't yet over, because a sort of tower is being added to the walls. 

Pics are in the article I linked.

This has led L7R to speculate that rather than a simple dragon attack, KL is being subjected to a full siege. 

Which may point to an endgame battle between Cersei and Jon/Dany (assuming those have both survived the NK)? It seems unlikely the NK would go for a protracted siege in a place like KL, which isn't as strong as most castles and can be taken by storm.

"We already know that there is going to be a lot of action happening in Winterfell in season 8, which includes a siege and it will end with Winterfell being burned down.

One of our sources have informed us that a scene was filmed at the Winterfell and it involved the Hound and the Unsullied and they were fighting against each other. According to the source, the Unsullied surround the Hound and they fight against each other."[Source]

I don't trust this website, so take it with a grain of salt but I'm posting it anyway. Unsullied Wights?

As for Croatia, John Bradley was there too. 

Archived