Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I am in the minority that thinks that Starks/wolves/dragons/main characters are going to get the same treatment in the show and the book.....Rickon alive or dead means little to the show audience, but he would be very important to the books in who rules House Stark....and so assuming he dies and his wolf dies that means the entire Manderly The North Remembers hell yeah moment and Davos quest that is to come will be moot, which sucks and his highly nihilistic.  At this point, I don't care whether its well executed by the author, I care that I am tired of seeing the Starks beaten down.

The show has become deeply stupid from a plot perspective since Sansa went to WF, including all the items you list, and is surely more nihilistic than the author, but that doesn't mean that the same deaths won't happen.  So, George will have the non existent Tyrell brothers do great things and then die, Marg will die, Loras will die...but it will be better?  I'm not interested in that, again, that is nihilism.

Can't really argue with that. As I said, I do think a running theme of the books is hope acting as a star among the dark bleakness of a world like Westeros, but I can understand why you'd take that from it.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:00 AM, Cas Stark said:

I am in the minority that thinks that Starks/wolves/dragons/main characters are going to get the same treatment in the show and the book.....Rickon alive or dead means little to the show audience, but he would be very important to the books in who rules House Stark....and so assuming he dies and his wolf dies that means the entire Manderly The North Remembers hell yeah moment and Davos quest that is to come will be moot, which sucks and his highly nihilistic.  At this point, I don't care whether its well executed by the author, I care that I am tired of seeing the Starks beaten down.

The show has become deeply stupid from a plot perspective since Sansa went to WF, including all the items you list, and is surely more nihilistic than the author, but that doesn't mean that the same deaths won't happen.  So, George will have the non existent Tyrell brothers do great things and then die, Marg will die, Loras will die...but it will be better?  I'm not interested in that, again, that is nihilism.  House Tyrell, who while they don't qualify as "good" guys, are light grey, pretty good compared to the rest, and so if their house goes extinct, whether 'well executed' by the author and not stupid...same result.

Context is everything but no that's not nihilistic in of itself just depressing which you can definitely say the series is.

5 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Anyways, Friki is confirming that KL blows up and that Cersei isn't queen when the dragon fire attack starts

Does anyone think this means the Valanquor is Euron now? Remember, Balon did call him "little brother" on the bridge just prior to Euron tossing him over the ropes...

8 hours ago, A man has no name said:

Does anyone think this means the Valanquor is Euron now? Remember, Balon did call him "little brother" on the bridge just prior to Euron tossing him over the ropes...

There is NO valonqar in the show. This part of Maggy the Frog's prophecy was cut, then we can't assume that she'll be killed by a younger sibling.

3 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

There is NO valonqar in the show. This part of Maggy the Frog's prophecy was cut, then we can't assume that she'll be killed by a younger sibling.

I mean pretty much every male character who will be in a position to kill her is a younger brother.  It was odd for them to omit that one to two seconds of dialogue from the show but it has a good chance of turning out that way.  Jon, Jaime, Tyrion, Euron, etc.  With the exception of Qyburn and the Mountain, but I doubt either one of them will be the one to do it.  

12 hours ago, YoungGriff89 said:

I mean pretty much every male character who will be in a position to kill her is a younger brother.  It was odd for them to omit that one to two seconds of dialogue from the show but it has a good chance of turning out that way.  Jon, Jaime, Tyrion, Euron, etc.  With the exception of Qyburn and the Mountain, but I doubt either one of them will be the one to do it.  

And then there's that theory that Valyrian is gender-neutral, which greatly increases the possible people who could fulfill the prophecy, adding in younger siblings like Sansa, Arya, and Daenerys.

53 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

And then there's that theory that Valyrian is gender-neutral, which greatly increases the possible people who could fulfill the prophecy, adding in younger siblings like Sansa, Arya, and Daenerys.

For all we know Sansa is the valonquar.  Actually I would love for her to be the valonquar instead of the younger more beautiful queen.  She is a younger sibling.  For all the horrible things Cersei and Joffrey did to Sansa, I would like Sansa to take her down instead of Dany, Jon or Arya. 

10 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

For all we know Sansa is the valonquar.  Actually I would love for her to be the valonquar instead of the younger more beautiful queen.  She is a younger sibling.  For all the horrible things Cersei and Joffrey did to Sansa, I would like Sansa to take her down instead of Dany, Jon or Arya. 

I personally loved the theory Cersei got the word that Maggy said slightly wrong and it was valon-kwar instead of valon-car, valon-kwar of course meaning little finger instead of little brother.  I was sold on this one when Dany had that line in season two about Kwarth as opposed to Karth, but as season seven would prove I am wrong.  I mean I can’t take credit for that theory, but I did believe it had something to it.  

52 minutes ago, YoungGriff89 said:

I personally loved the theory Cersei got the word that Maggy said slightly wrong and it was valon-kwar instead of valon-car, valon-kwar of course meaning little finger instead of little brother. 

Killed by Euron's finger?:P

Seriously, people develop theories about a word/notion that has no existence in the show?

2 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Killed by Euron's finger?:P

Seriously, people develop theories about a word/notion that has no existence in the show?

At the time I subscribed to this theory season five hadn’t aired and the word valonqar hadn’t been formally omitted.  Sucks though, the show did set up Littlefinger possibly being the end of Cersei.  

On Friday, March 02, 2018 at 3:51 AM, Nowy Tends said:

Technically they can still go back to this. She gave Cersei 3 questions, Cersei only asked 2. Cersei could potentially revisit this memory next season. Her black haired baby is what makes the maggy the frog memory a mess.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:51 AM, Nowy Tends said:

They would not foreshadow the valonqar in the show, it would be too spoilery. If there is a valonqar, they cut it on purpose.

Anyone see this about Lena/Cersei's body double being back?  Hmmmmmm, wonder what that's about.  It could be nothing, maybe their finally letting the lady show her face as an extra?  LOL  Who knows. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/cerseis-shame-double-returns-in-season-8-game-of-thrones-cast-gathers-in-belfast/#more-159758

So Winterfell is supposed to be built with magic of the children of the Forrest intertwined with the knowledge of Brann the builder. Having it laid siege to by Human forces seems a waste. We know that the Wall has been breached by the NK, and Euron has just left to fetch the golden company, yet we are to believe that Cersei and her forces arrive to KL before the NK? Not too mention Jamie is already on his way to warn them. Seems highly unlikely. 

I think Winterfell might be used as a trap. Somehow the Nk and his forces are led into WF, and then the doors are shut, trapping by magic the forces of the NK and many of his generals inside. Then the North themselves burn WF to the ground, Killing the WW's. Maybe the NK escapes to be perused by Jon/Dany etc. 

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

So Winterfell is supposed to be built with magic of the children of the Forrest intertwined with the knowledge of Brann the builder. Having it laid siege to by Human forces seems a waste. We know that the Wall has been breached by the NK, and Euron has just left to fetch the golden company, yet we are to believe that Cersei and her forces arrive to KL before the NK? Not too mention Jamie is already on his way to warn them. Seems highly unlikely. 

I think Winterfell might be used as a trap. Somehow the Nk and his forces are led into WF, and then the doors are shut, trapping by magic the forces of the NK and many of his generals inside. Then the North themselves burn WF to the ground, Killing the WW's. Maybe the NK escapes to be perused by Jon/Dany etc. 

Idk if we know when it takes place. The burning of Winterfell could be Episode 4 or 5 and the destruction of KL could be Episode 3 for all we know 

Archived