Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

10 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Idk if we know when it takes place. The burning of Winterfell could be Episode 4 or 5 and the destruction of KL could be Episode 3 for all we know 

I guess it's possible, but it seems based on the progression of the WW and Dany/Jon sailing for WF at the end of last year that the battle order will be WF, fall back to the South, with a final showdown in KL.  

19 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Idk if we know when it takes place. The burning of Winterfell could be Episode 4 or 5 and the destruction of KL could be Episode 3 for all we know 

If there are two major battle scenes, one of them has to be the WW's. 

Cersei will send the Mountain and the Golden Company to Winterfell under the guise of helping defeat the WW. In reality, she has sent them there to assault Winterfell and return Jaime to Kings Landing. Upon discovering that the Mountain is camped outside the walls, Arya will sneak out at nightfall and attempt to remove him from her list. She will fail and be injured severely. Luckily before the Mountain finishes her off the Hound heroically jumps in to save her life and give us the Clegane bowl this world needs. After being taken hostage and returned to Kings Landing, Jaime will kill Cersei and Euron will become king. King Euron will eventually chop off Jorahs head and send it to Daenarys. This will prompt her to burn all of Kings Landing with dragonfire. including the innocents. Her murderous rampage will make her death easier for the viewers to stomach. Blah blah blah Jon kills Bran to defeat the White Walkers. Arya and Gendry hook up as foreshadowed. 

Honestly though... I have no idea 

On 3/8/2018 at 4:51 PM, alienarea said:

It started with the White Walkers, it should end with them.

And in Winterfell. Where Winter (=White Walkers, Night King) fell.

But 'fell' in this case is surely intended by the author to suggest the meaning it has in old Norse-German, which is hill or rock.  Or even from Middle English via Old French, the same as it is used by Tolkien in LOTR as 'evil' or 'wicked'? Not the contemporary English usage as the past tense of fall?  After all, that's pretty much how Fantasy writers roll in these big fat High Fantasy medieval worlds, right?

Fall or fell is sometimes used for something which has just arrived or is arriving. Snowfall. Nightfall.

Winter is Coming is typically seen as a forecast of sorts. But it may also be a threat akin to the more belligerent words of other houses. Winter is Coming becomes a threat if the Starks are somehow tied to winter and/or the Others.

So instead of Winterfell as in Winter was defeated, Winterfell might mean Winter’s arrival. I give more weight to Storm’s End as being important to, well, The End.

That said, this probably applies more to the books as the show will just do whatever nonsense it wants.

20 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

The Nissa Nissa legend has no existence in the show…

The source says that Jon stabs pregnant Daenerys through the heart. . So we'll see.

Yet when she slept that night, she dreamt the dragon dream again. Viserys was not in it this time. There was only her and the dragon. Its scales were black as night, wet and slick with blood. Her blood, Dany sensed. Its eyes were pools of molten magma, and when it opened its mouth, the flame came roaring out in a hot jet. She could hear it singing to her. She opened her arms to the fire, embraced it, let it swallow her whole, let it cleanse her and temper her and scour her clean. She could feel her flesh sear and blacken and slough away, could feel her blood boil and turn to steam, and yet there was no pain. She felt strong and new and fierce." - Daenerys III, AGOT

After RamSan, no plot is too bizarre for me to believe.

It's crazy how badly Freefolk is handling the very possibility that Jon may kill Dany. I only go on there these days when someone mentions a leak here, but the Jonerys shipping over there turned me off the site a long time ago. They make tumblr look tame. 

If Jon does kill Dany, however, that would certainly qualify as the third "holy shit" moment. It's also going to be incredibly controversial, given that it will be an instance of the "empowered woman" getting killed so the guy can save the day. 

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If Jon does kill Dany, however, that would certainly qualify as the third "holy shit" moment.

How ? It is just an extension to the R+L=J lovestory. By declaring Jon AA and then let him do what the old AA did according to legend. I would have expected something more clever like Dany killing Drogon.

As the rest of us probably have, I heard some crazy shit on the radio about the end of the show. Of course it was not a GoT pod, or any type of entertainment radio-but they were talking about how the entire cast had thier table read, and everyone ended up with tears in their eyes.

"The best lies have a seed of truth" (*I think the kindly man said that one...)

They continued to say, every main character in the story will be killed by the ending save Arya and Gendry who will sit the Iron throne. I have my endgame thoughts, curious to see what the minds on this blog do.

Archived