Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

On 19.3.2018. at 2:28 PM, Nowy Tends said:

Night's King of the book (13rd Lord Commander of the Night Watch) is NOT the Night King of the show, the two characters are completely different.

Actually, Night's King was mentioned in Histories and Lores.

4 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

But that's not the same character as the one in the show. 

The one in the show is an Andal for example. 

Also the NK was a human not an Other

I know that, apparently the show universe has both Night King and Night's King.

15 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

But that's not the same character as the one in the show. 

Also the NK was a human not an Other

Night king is in an Andal? 

20 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

No, the Night King of the show is a First Man. Leaf tells Bran that the Children created the White Walkers when Westeros was invaded by the First Men, long before the arrival of the Andals.

Bunch of leaked pics from the set:  Link

I think the yellow shields could be Golden Company, so Euron/Cersei might send their forces North to betray, only to get destroyed by the NK too.  But then again, I don't recognize some of the other shields as well, so it could just be some random Northern houses thrown into the mix like House Mazin in S6.  

4 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Bunch of leaked pics from the set:  Link

I think the yellow shields could be Golden Company, so Euron/Cersei might send their forces North to betray, only to get destroyed by the NK too.  But then again, I don't recognize some of the other shields as well, so it could just be some random Northern houses thrown into the mix like House Mazin in S6.  

I see Mormont, Arryn, Karstark, Unsullied (round, plain) shields. Some of these pics are creepy.

I'm surprised the production is not able to prevent a random employee to take pictures — maybe these are "planned" leaks?

22 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I see Mormont, Arryn, Karstark, Unsullied (round, plain) shields. Some of these pics are creepy.

I'm surprised the production is not able to prevent a random employee to take pictures — maybe these are "planned" leaks?

He's not an employee.  He's some guy who had been providing photos of this set from a distance for over a week (like a couple others on twitter), but on this day the crew wasn't working, so he risked sneaking on.  It doesn't look like there was any security on set to guard these props during an off day.  

He also claims to know 2 plot spoilers:  1, Jaime dies in Brienne's arms, and 2, Melisandre fights the NK and holds her own (somehow 'turning the dead against him', whatever that means), but doesn't manage to kill him.  

4 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

He's not an employee.  He's some guy who had been providing photos of this set from a distance for over a week (like a couple others on twitter), but on this day the crew wasn't working, so he risked sneaking on.  It doesn't look like there was any security on set to guard these props during an off day.  

He also claims to know 2 plot spoilers:  1, Jaime dies in Brienne's arms, and 2, Melisandre fights the NK and holds her own (somehow 'turning the dead against him', whatever that means), but doesn't manage to kill him.  

RIP Kingslayer 

Ah, that's technically a leak, but who didn't see it coming? Jaime's death has been the most telegraphed of any main character's fate, in my opinion. 

Still, it'll be sad to see. Throws questions about the valonqar in the air at least. 

Good on Melisandre for pulling a Gandalf as well. 

40 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Ah, that's technically a leak, but who didn't see it coming? Jaime's death has been the most telegraphed of any main character's fate, in my opinion. 

Still, it'll be sad to see. Throws questions about the valonqar in the air at least. 

Good on Melisandre for pulling a Gandalf as well. 

Yea. I think the big question was just how he died. Dies as a knight. Good for him. 

Arya feels like the best candidate now to off Cersei

20 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Yea. I think the big question was just how he died. Dies as a knight. Good for him. 

Arya feels like the best candidate now to off Cersei

I agree. Arya using Jaime's face to assassinate Cersei feels like a distinct possibility at this point. Arya being left-handed may prove to be an important detail. 

Another collection of potential leaks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/87zpnr/information_that_matched/

People on this site have been speculating for a while now that George might do a complete bait-and-switch and have Jaime end as the honorable brother and Tyrion as the traitor. Although I'll be sad to see Jaime go, I'll be relieved if he doesn't kill Cersei. That would be ten steps backwards for him, in my opinion. The road to redemption leads away from Cersei; killing her just brings him back to the beginning. 

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It certainly seems that the show has been telegraphing that Arya will kill Cersei, whether that happens in the books that will never be written, I guess we will never know.

How are they telegraphing that Arya will kill Cersei.  Is it because Cersei is on Arya's list and that she trained with the Faceless Men.  Is it the valonquar prophecy?  Is there something I'm missing?

1 minute ago, goldenmaps said:

How are they telegraphing that Arya will kill Cersei.  Is it because Cersei is on Arya's list and that she trained with the Faceless Men.  Is it the valonquar prophecy?  Is there something I'm missing?

It's just like Brienne, saying repeatedly she was going to kill Stannis....they had a whole scene about Arya killing Cersei, and she mentions it at least once more time when she's in WF.  There is no valonquar prophecy in the show, so it is possible they can change up who kills Cersei, that would be strange, but of course not the strangest thing they've done by a long shot.

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If Cersei really does have Sansa beheaded,

The "leaker" who posted this is not very credible… Jon losing Longclaw, then fighting with Lighbringer which happens to be in the vicinity??? Hum hum caugh caugh…

I suppose it would make sense for Sansa to be executed by Strickland. Beheading is a sort of motif throughout her story....and I suppose it would give Arya that one last push to focus in on Cersei.

My one big issue is that, to me, Sansa dying at this point would completely cross the line from "bittersweet" to depressing.

One of the main protagonists being unceremoniously beheaded in the third act would make for a tragic ending, in my opinion. Where's the so-called sweetness for House Stark, exactly?

Archived