u.s. politics: now guaranteed to contain no less than 35% u.s. political content

all swedes are racist

14 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Enjoying your male privilege I see Larry. You wouldn't try this if there was a dick grabber in the White House.

https://www.thecut.com/2017/09/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-sexism.html

Elizabeth Warren Is Getting Hillary-ed

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/27/trump-executive-order-health-care-state-lines-243213

Health plans, regulators pan Trump's plan to allow purchase of insurance across state lines
The idea has failed in several states where it's been tried.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/09/the-trump-tax-cuts-are-going-to-hurt-the-republican-party.html

The Trump Tax Cuts Are Going to Hurt the Republican Party

Struggling with the Cut Article. It points out how Warren is being framed, but like 90% of it is either standard rw portrayal of any Dem...like academic elitist preying on the ill informed lefty poor...or pretty standard smear of any politician anywhere...ie duplicitous, hypocritical, ambitious, opportunistic, out of touch with the problems of the commoner...and somehow puts it down to sexism. 

I think there are some things which pinch harder because of sexism...particularly 'ambitious'...and moreover if Warren's the front-runner we'll see a lot more of the sexism Hillary faced, but chalking up so much standard politalk to sexism when it was said about Obama, Kerry, Clinton, Dukakis, Carter etc. seems unwise to me at this stage.

Last time I predicted someone was going to get fired it was Sean Spicer, and I made the over/under 24 hours. He was fired like 5 hours later. This time I’m predicting HHS Secretary Tom Price will be fired, and I’m setting the over/under at 11:59 PM west coast time tomorrow. Make your checks out to me. @Pony Queen Jace will make all the payments. She's good for it. Believe me! 

Also, I read a couple of economics articles last night and they all concluded that Trump’s tax cut, in theory, will increase the federal deficit by around $15,000,000,000,000. Thanks again, old farts, for totally screwing over my generation and the generations to follow. I guess living large on the hog was more important than being responsible to your kids and grandkids. Seriously baby boomers, you’re the worst!

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, I read a couple of economics articles last night and they all concluded that Trump’s tax cut, in theory, will increase the federal deficit by around $15,000,000,000,000. Thanks again, old farts, for totally screwing over my generation and the generations to follow. I guess living large on the hog was more important than being responsible to your kids and grandkids. Seriously baby boomers, you’re the worst!

Each day, I believe this more and more.  I feel like I am being held hostage by old people.

This can't be true, can it? There's no way, is there?

The Trump administration is reportedly forcing evacuees from Puerto Rico to sign promissory notes and surrender their passports to guarantee full repayment for full-fare transportation costs off the devastated island.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/352824-trump-administration-forcing-puerto-rico-evacuees-to-pay-for

Make America Great Again.

And somehow I don't think you can claim you were duped. It's the same shitty product, that was advertised.*

*editorial note: I use the term you in reference for out American boarder in general, and not as in you personal. As I know, most yanks here, have not voted for that.

1 hour ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Each day, I believe this more and more.  I feel like I am being held hostage by old people.

I fully believe it, the boomers are the most narcissistic and delusional generation this country has ever had.  

44 minutes ago, S John said:

I fully believe it, the boomers are the most narcissistic and delusional generation this country has ever had.  

It is too bad that this temper tantrum is bring some truly evil shit to the surface.

2 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

55 minutes ago, S John said:

Agreed. And I can point out the exact date where it all went wrong. November 4th, 1980. That’s the day American decided to defeat the man who said, “We need to live within our means,” and championed the man who said, “F it, we’re Americans, we can have whatever we want and do whatever we want with no consequences because we’re great!”

What a bizarre article, so let’s start with the funny part:

On an April 16, 2004, interview with Stern, Trump shares that he turned down several reality-show offers because “I didn’t want to have anybody watch me comb my hair,” while in an interview conducted on Feb. 27, 2006, Donald, Ivanka, and Don. Jr. can’t figure out the answer to what 17 x 6 is. “96? 94?” offers Don Jr. “That’s not a practical application, though,” adds Ivanka, refusing the question. “It’s 112,” chimes in Donald, who repeatedly insists that the answer is 112. If that weren’t enough, on no less than 10 occasions Trump shares the exact same story from his star-studded wedding to Marla Maples, with Stern telling reporters “there wasn’t a dry eye in the house” and “I give it six months”—comments that Trump cheerfully claims left Maples in tears on their wedding night.

And now the sickening part:

The former reality-TV host then shares a story with Stern about the time he thought a man died in front of him during a charity event at his Palm Beach club Mar-a-Lago and, rather than helping the injured man, Trump turned away in disgust at the sight of his blood.

“I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” said Trump.

Trump proceeds to explain that it was a $100,000-per-table fundraiser filled with deep-pocketed billionaires, and that the Marines were—for whatever reason—given tables in the very back of the ballroom (“the worst table in the whole place”). Oh, and that he was more preoccupied with his ballroom’s pristine marble floor than the octogenarian bleeding out on it.

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

Like most Trump tales, what was intended as a story about the bravery and heroism of a handful of Marines instead revealed far more about the man telling it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-time-donald-trump-turned-away-in-disgust-while-a-man-bled-to-death-in-front-of-him

Our President, ladies and gentleman.

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Compared to what we have now, he's a fucking God. An angry God perhaps, but a God nonetheless.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........he was a human being compared to what we have now, a shitty human, which is, yes, better than the sentient bag of flaming feces on the doorstep now occupying the WH

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

And I want to know why people who wouldn't dream of insulting large groups on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. think it's perfectly fine to do so on the basis of the years they were born.

The attributes you listed are things people cannot control. We’re criticizing the actions a group of people took, not the years they were born.

6 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........he was a human being compared to what we have now, a shitty human, which is, yes, better than the sentient bag of flaming feces on the doorstep now occupying the WH

I'm just saying comparatively. Not a Reagan fan by any stretch, but I'd take Zombie Ronnie over Two Scoops Donnie everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The attributes you listed are things people cannot control. We’re criticizing the actions a group of people took, not the years they were born.

People cannot control their "generation" any more than they can control their race or gender. Sorry, I find your comments about boomers to be really personally insulting as someone who was born in 1951 who did NOT vote for Reagan (along with at least 45% of other baby boomer voters). Generational "groups" do not "take actions" as a whole. 

57 minutes ago, Ormond said:

And I want to know why people who wouldn't dream of insulting large groups on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. think it's perfectly fine to do so on the basis of the years they were born.

I have no idea, but I'll thank you kindly to get the fuck off my lawn.

/That's a joke, just to clarify. I agree with you that it's not helpful or fair to generalize an entire generation as being X or Y. That said, I've probably made that generalization more than once in the past.

Archived