TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

38 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

OH FOR F***'S SAKE. 

Going back to ikea this afternoon Because this time they forgot to include the back cushions of the sofa. I mean seriously HOW can you fuck up THREE times in two orders? This is ridiculous. 

If I were you, I would make them pay the price for their lack of cushions, that sounds really annoying!.

On 27/09/2017 at 10:09 PM, Lady Olenna said:

Music? Queen. 

That's easy. 

My mama feathers were rustled yesterday when we got a note home about the spawns behavior. Apparently he played with his snack and water bottle as if they were a gun. His punishment, per the teacher, was to not allow him to bring a snack or water to school today. 

That did not go over so well with the queen of thorns! Take away his recess, have him eat snack in isolation but no, you will not deprive my growing child of food or clean filtered water. And she had the nerve to tell me that her punishment was the logical punishment. Nope. Pretty sure all children have a basic right to water, food and bathroom usage. Still debating whether to take this to the principal/district. 

Parenting and adulting are so not fun at times. 

Oh, no. No no no. No no no no no. 

That I would take up with the principal. But maybe decide on a more fitting punishment first as to not entirely throw staff under the bus? (yeh, I'm a teacher, and it's tough when you need to set an example but can't. She probably also has very limited options. I disagree with this choice, but just saying there may be a reason) 

Yass, I got my back cushions. 

@Lord Sidious They paid back the fees I paid for collecting and delivery. Demanding more would only cost me more time and effort. 

@Lady Olenna my little Eastern European mind finds this baffling. Are kids not allowed to play certain things now? WHY is he even punished in any way? This is truly ridiculous imo. Did you talk to the Principal eventually? What I would have done is pack him a Kinder Surprise Egg the next day. 

so, sofa, media storage, coffee table, dining table, dining chairs, arm chair - all check. 

Cutting up cardboard boxes - check 

collecting plastic waste - check 

cleaning up after the furniture builders - check 

back cushions - check 

organizing leftover tools/screws, spare parts - check 

organizing bathroom cabinet - check 

setting up the tv - check

I'm so tired. Need to unpack my boxes tomorrow and organize the furniture that was built today. Need to take down selective waste (at least some of it). Need to get a few accessories to decorate this area, need to clean bathroom and bedroom, need to bake cookies. I'm so tired. Good night, people. 

ex-King Bamm Bamm, First of your Name...i do not recognize your emperor status...you are an usurper which i have allowed in the fog of my debauched bliss to continue unabated and unchallenged...

for now...  :devil:

i shall however draw y'alls attention to the second of my musical choices... as noted in my new avi...

:smoking:

On 9/28/2017 at 7:21 PM, rocksniffer said:

greetings spammies....i been missing y'all...i see we got a new thread...cheers to Queen for life Buck and ex-King Bamm Bamm

here is a real musical to sink your teeth into

i agree that punishment was extreme ...however in our district here in SC just pointing and pretending is enough to get suspended for a couple of days...

just for you...dark Lordess of the Sith....

:leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer::leer:

and just for fun...
:spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:

:smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex::smileysex:

:kiss:

turns out 75 emos is the limit...

:smoking:

What now? That's pretty darn extreme. This world has really turned upside down. 

10 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Oh, no. No no no. No no no no no. 

That I would take up with the principal. But maybe decide on a more fitting punishment first as to not entirely throw staff under the bus? (yeh, I'm a teacher, and it's tough when you need to set an example but can't. She probably also has very limited options. I disagree with this choice, but just saying there may be a reason) 

I actually called the super intendant - not to get the teacher in trouble but to understand what exactly the districts policies and procedures are. Actually, I didn't even mention the school or teacher. But she said that no, taking away food and water is not standard practice and not ok. She wanted me to talk with the principal but I don't want to escalate anything. I did, however, discover that AZ is one of 18 states that currently allow corporal punishments in school. What the regular F*. Nearly all school districts ban that form of punishment but over 100,000 students were physically disciplined here last year. That is insane to me. And the superndidnt even know about it! She couldn't believe it either! 

@Rhae - kids are not allowed to be kids anymore I guess. Bizarre. 

Happy weekend folks :cheers: 

My 16 year old cat had a dental today - this is fantastic as two different vets in CA did not want to give him a dental for the last three years due to his kidney disease. Our new vet is amazing and I'm thrilled my kitty is no longer in dental pain and he seems to be recovering well. 

On 27/09/2017 at 9:09 PM, Lady Olenna said:

Music? Queen. 

That's easy. 

My mama feathers were rustled yesterday when we got a note home about the spawns behavior. Apparently he played with his snack and water bottle as if they were a gun. His punishment, per the teacher, was to not allow him to bring a snack or water to school today. 

That did not go over so well with the queen of thorns! Take away his recess, have him eat snack in isolation but no, you will not deprive my growing child of food or clean filtered water. And she had the nerve to tell me that her punishment was the logical punishment. Nope. Pretty sure all children have a basic right to water, food and bathroom usage. Still debating whether to take this to the principal/district. 

Parenting and adulting are so not fun at times. 

That sucks, I think of my future spawn did that I’d want to discipline her for pretending her water bottle was such an inelegant,uncivilised weapon, I’d also point out to the principal that he was mistaken about a great many things.

9 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I actually called the super intendant - not to get the teacher in trouble but to understand what exactly the districts policies and procedures are. Actually, I didn't even mention the school or teacher. But she said that no, taking away food and water is not standard practice and not ok. She wanted me to talk with the principal but I don't want to escalate anything. I did, however, discover that AZ is one of 18 states that currently allow corporal punishments in school. What the regular F*. Nearly all school districts ban that form of punishment but over 100,000 students were physically disciplined here last year. That is insane to me. And the superndidnt even know about it! She couldn't believe it either! 

My 16 year old cat had a dental today - this is fantastic as two different vets in CA did not want to give him a dental for the last three years due to his kidney disease. Our new vet is amazing and I'm thrilled my kitty is no longer in dental pain and he seems to be recovering well. 

what the *bleep*

Corporal Punishment? Whaaaaat? 

I can't even touch my students really when I absolutely have to (to save their life, for instance, or when they are super sad and need a hug).

Maybe that's too extreme, but no, you don't touch students without a very very good reason and you don't do corporal punishment ever. If i could, i would have called your senator for you since no no no states can not allow that.

Glad the kitty is felling better.

Hi all :) I'm working on the attic again blegh but it needs to be done

Archived