TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

At 7. I left the house around 5.30, to catch the bus at 5.37. Took that one to the city, took another one to get to the part of the city from where we have an organised ride because the courses are completely outside. We met at 6.20 this week, next week we will meet at 6.30 because we were really early - we wanted to make sure we are early enough the first time around.

So basically, we have an organised ride, but my problem is more coming to the spot from where our ride starts. If I could just drive directly from home, it would not take that long at all (maybe I will borrow my mother's car and do that sometimes).

That sounds like so much hassle!, I’d definatley just drive instead if you have the choice, the public transport where you are doesn’t sound very good, and hey if it’s not all in big,busy cities, driving is tolerable.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

That sounds like so much hassle!, I’d definatley just drive instead if you have the choice, the public transport where you are doesn’t sound very good, and hey if it’s not all in big,busy cities, driving is tolerable.

It is better in the city. The not good part comes from living in the suburbs.

And if I got the chance to drive, nope, I would not go through the city at all, I would just drive around on the highway and avoid the city.

I'm beginning to accept the fact that sooner rather than later I will need to get a car and learn to handle myself in the city traffic, it will save an insane amount of hassle. Though I have admittedly built a crap ton of muscle in the past two months carrying shit around town on foot and public transport. 

WHERE IS MY FOOD. *so hungry* 

On ‎29‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 7:56 PM, Lord Sidious said:

Don’t you mean Emperors apprentice?, your insolence does not go unnoticed.

*raises hands*

Did I say emperor? Silly me.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

WHERE IS MY FOOD. *so hungry* 

I am hungry all the bloody time lately. And tired like I'm getting 5 hours of sleep instead 7+. I'm very glad my internship is almost halfway done.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It is better in the city. The not good part comes from living in the suburbs.

And if I got the chance to drive, nope, I would not go through the city at all, I would just drive around on the highway and avoid the city.

I don’t tend to drive too much in London and hate it, I don’t mind driving that much out of cities though, riding a motorcycle is loads more enjoyable and fun, unless it’s cold,raining or you crash, that hurts!.

20 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Did I say emperor? Silly me.

Do I need to send you to the Mustafur system to get your legs cut off by a former friend and burned so that you come back a hobbled wreck or will that not be necessary?.

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I'm very glad my internship is almost halfway done.

My internship has put me in a deeper depression than I I have ever experienced(depression is a regular occurrence for me) and I absolutely cant wait to be done with it. My life has regressed tremendously and my mental state is on the brink of collapse, its scary, so terrifying there are days when im travelling to and from work that I search for convenient methods to commit suicide.

Also, I quit smoking while I was in high school but now im back and going much harder than before, its the only thing that keeps me sane at this point that and the copious amounts of alcohol I consume each weekend to try and supress the demons.

Oh no! GMM why are you bringing such depressing talk to ttne, this is a joyous place there is no place for your whinging.

Farewell.

@Grand Moff Mithrandir and @First of My Name please hang in there. Internships are so tough sometimes, I understand, I cried for 3 days straight after mine finished. Hugs. I'm sorry you're dealing with it too.

If I had the secret to staying sane, I'd give it to you. 

I just inquired about going back to school too. That's going to sortof continuously give me internships. Why I did that, I don't know. 

@Buckwheat yeh I hear you I'm not too fond of city driving either, but it does make life so much easier sometimes. With a bit of practice it does get better (albeit not a lot).

23 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Do I need to send you to the Mustafur system to get your legs cut off by a former friend and burned so that you come back a hobbled wreck or will that not be necessary?.

That doesn't sound very fun, let's not.

12 hours ago, Grand Moff Mithrandir said:

My internship has put me in a deeper depression than I I have ever experienced(depression is a regular occurrence for me) and I absolutely cant wait to be done with it. My life has regressed tremendously and my mental state is on the brink of collapse, its scary, so terrifying there are days when im travelling to and from work that I search for convenient methods to commit suicide.

Also, I quit smoking while I was in high school but now im back and going much harder than before, its the only thing that keeps me sane at this point that and the copious amounts of alcohol I consume each weekend to try and supress the demons.

Oh no! GMM why are you bringing such depressing talk to ttne, this is a joyous place there is no place for your whinging.

Farewell.

Well, mine certainly isn't nearly as bad as this. That really sucks, don't really know what else to say except that I hope it gets better soon  How much longer do you have to go? And if it's really that bad, can't you look for something else?

Eh, TTTNE is a place where we talk about our lives, no life is joyous all the time.

Tttne is a place Where we talk about Whatever we damn please... (as long as it's legal) that's why there's no topic and that's why you are perfectly entitled to whinge and let negative feelings out. :grouphug: @Grand Moff Mithrandir

Hah, so I just spent an hour composing a letter to another tenant at the old house. And the message is still "Sorry, not sorry. Sorry, but it was your fault". I don't want to edit it again :( 

Why. Don't. People. Ever. Do. Their. Jobs? 

Like seriously, if you sell me 8 lamps for like €500, and I pay in advance and you tell me they'll be here in two weeks WHY is it me who has to call you after A MONTH and ask where the f*** my lamps are? And then you promise to check and call me back and two hours later I have to call you again and ask if you checked? And then you finally check and come back to me and hey, you had pipe breakage and the packaging of my lamps soaked through but they are fine and you can deliver them tomorrow? Like, call me when my lamps come in so they don't sit in your storage and get soaked. Call me when you have the pipe breakage and soak through the packaging of my lamps. Call me! I'm the damn customer. Serve me! Why do I have to call people over and over again to make them to their job that I paid for? Why can't they just do it without my pushing them? 

Phew. That was the last lesson for this crazy week. This was the first time I had to work with a person *cough*a child*cough* that showed a strong disinclination to learn anything or to indeed even try to use their brain and to participate. Grrrrr. I need to learn how to make disinterested kids interested in German. Is that even possible?

45 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

So Greg is now alcoholic... sure... of course... I totally get when and how that happened...

Spoiler

I think their was a montage with this revelation that shows it has always been that way, we just didn't realise it because it was only here and there, and then they connected the dots for us?

15 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Phew. That was the last lesson for this crazy week. This was the first time I had to work with a person *cough*a child*cough* that showed a strong disinclination to learn anything or to indeed even try to use their brain and to participate. Grrrrr. I need to learn how to make disinterested kids interested in German. Is that even possible?

Reveal hidden contents

I think their was a montage with this revelation that shows it has always been that way, we just didn't realise it because it was only here and there, and then they connected the dots for us?

I know lots of grownups who are the same. And it's goddamn difficult to make a child interested in German, but not impossible. 

Why is this a spoiler ??????  *stomps on the ground* 

Spoiler

No... just no. I could make a montage of every time Rebecca drank wine from those Ikea glasses I have too And announce that she had always been an alcoholic too we just didn't see it.

I know lots of grownups who are the same. And it's goddamn difficult to make a child interested in German, but not impossible. 

Why is this a spoiler ??????  *stomps on the ground* 

Hide contents

No... just no. I could make a montage of every time Rebecca drank wine from those Ikea glasses I have too And announce that she had always been an alcoholic too we just didn't see it.

I must say I have never had an adult student ask at least three times "what time is it?" and then count time down every time until the end of the lesson. The thing is, adults usually don't choose to do a language course (and also pay for it) if they are not at all interested in it, while kids have to for school (at least in this case - the kid was clearly forced to do it).

IDK, why not. :P

Spoiler

True ... IDK, I think it does explain why Greg is so angry and why he never got to do much with his life.

He is one of the likable characters, but also a difficult one.

It's petra, it's petra, it's petra! Petra is in this thing. The new season of Jane will be out soon, I hope. 

Petra didn't have a whole lot of role in this... but heather is still the only character I like. 

Are you sure it is not Agnieszka? ;)

No really, do not get too attached to her, this is only an episodic role as far as I remember. We do not learn enough about her to see if she is as wicked as Petra, but I bet she is not. Petra is very wicked.

Heather is the coolest. B) How do you like Darryl?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I must say I have never had an adult student ask at least three times "what time is it?" and then count time down every time until the end of the lesson. The thing is, adults usually don't choose to do a language course (and also pay for it) if they are not at all interested in it, while kids have to for school (at least in this case - the kid was clearly forced to do it).

IDK, why not. :P

Reveal hidden contents

True ... IDK, I think it does explain why Greg is so angry and why he never got to do much with his life.

He is one of the likable characters, but also a difficult one.

Are you sure it is not Agnieszka? ;)

No really, do not get too attached to her, this is only an episodic role as far as I remember. We do not learn enough about her to see if she is as wicked as Petra, but I bet she is not. Petra is very wicked.

Heather is the coolest. B) How do you like Darryl?

Yeah, okay, that's a kid thing to do. I remember the boys did that allllll the time in first grade. I was the only one who could read a clock back then and they always asked me how much was left of the class. It was cute. As a memory. I'm sure it's less cute if one is a teacher. 

Spoiler

Erm... why did Greg do less with his life than Hector or Josh or Whi-Jo who aren't alcoholics...? And Greg kinda had reason to be angry because Rebecca and josh kept screwing I'm over, he had to give up school he was saving for to help his dad... greg's best time was when he was with heather. 

Anezka has that tattoo on her forehead now. And Petra is the BEST character on Jane the Virgin. She is so funny. Well, after they drop the scheming man eater stereotype she is introduced as. 

Kinda meh. Darryl is a genuinely good person but he is an awful character. His best time was when he was obessed with his daughter. Otherwise he is roughly the most unrealistic character, who is trying sooooo hard to be funny and adorable, but he kinda isn't. He kinda wants to be quirky, funnily obsessive and unprofessional boss Denholm Reynholm is in IT Crowd but he just fails at it at every turn. 

Oh but I do like Mrs Chan. She is so cute. And that kid friend they have, Chris someone? 

30 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, okay, that's a kid thing to do. I remember the boys did that allllll the time in first grade. I was the only one who could read a clock back then and they always asked me how much was left of the class. It was cute. As a memory. I'm sure it's less cute if one is a teacher. 

Reveal hidden contents

Erm... why did Greg do less with his life than Hector or Josh or Whi-Jo who aren't alcoholics...? And Greg kinda had reason to be angry because Rebecca and josh kept screwing I'm over, he had to give up school he was saving for to help his dad... greg's best time was when he was with heather. 

Anezka has that tattoo on her forehead now. And Petra is the BEST character on Jane the Virgin. She is so funny. Well, after they drop the scheming man eater stereotype she is introduced as. 

Kinda meh. Darryl is a genuinely good person but he is an awful character. His best time was when he was obessed with his daughter. Otherwise he is roughly the most unrealistic character, who is trying sooooo hard to be funny and adorable, but he kinda isn't. He kinda wants to be quirky, funnily obsessive and unprofessional boss Denholm Reynholm is in IT Crowd but he just fails at it at every turn. 

Oh but I do like Mrs Chan. She is so cute. And that kid friend they have, Chris someone? 

I don't find Petra funny at all ... I think I like Alba most, she is sometimes really funny. But then there are no characters I actually connect to or feel strongly about.

I really disliked The IT crowd when I tried to watch it. I did not find it funny in the least, heh.

Oh, Chris who is always at the bar. Yep, he is all right.

JANE THE VIRGIN

Spoiler

WHAT THE HELL THEY CANNOT KILL HIM OFF I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT! The whole episode was about unreliable narrators, this surely must be a cruel prank that they MUST correct in the next episode this show sucks!

The bump is starting to make playing guitar awkward, especially standing up :(.

Rhae that company sounds really irritating, just goes to show how little most places care once they’ve got your money.

Archived