TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

First lesson of the new week survived!
I got a mail that some high-schooler wants private lessons on Fridays from 20.00 to 21.30. Okay, seriously? What kind of a higschooler is that? Who wants lessons on Friday evenings?

15 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?! @Buckwheat 

i mean this the classic case of we are running out of plot so let's twist everything around and whip out a huge background plot that's never ever been referred to before, but now we'll pretend it's been there all along and it's been very important, GOD I HATE when shows do this. 

AND THAT WAS THE SEASON FINALE? 

I'm done with this show. 

Well, it has been there in the title sequence all season. :P

But yes, I know, that twist is ... different than the rest of the show.

On the other hand, I have seen the end of Jane.

Spoiler

Fabian situtation. :lol:

Also explaining Mateo how he came to be ... that will be all kinds of awkward for the parents all through his life.

So now Rafael and Luisa finally hate each other and she will go on some revenge spree, probably kidnapping children and stuff?

14 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I promise I will shut up after this, but: 

I. Can't. Even. 

TTTNE is better with Rhae-sister drama.

16 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?! @Buckwheat 

i mean this the classic case of we are running out of plot so let's twist everything around and whip out a huge background plot that's never ever been referred to before, but now we'll pretend it's been there all along and it's been very important, GOD I HATE when shows do this. 

AND THAT WAS THE SEASON FINALE? 

I'm done with this show. 

But it was always there. Since season one we've known Rebecca went to both Harvard and Yale - with no explanation why (it should be one or the other). We are introduced to her as someone highly reliant on pills and clearly mentally distressed and in need of expert help. I don't think the revelations of the finale were out of the blue at all...and I also appreciated that they didn't make the plot turn on the new information either. The way they handle it was clever imo.

The cliche would be Trent coming along and dumping the info and that is the catalyst for the failed wedding. But no, instead we see natural progressions from the characters as we have seen them. Josh is immature and impulsive and decides to get a new t-shirt (oh and some god stuff) instead of marry Rebecca. Rebecca

finally acknowledges she has issues, kicks her idiot father to the kerb and such...also, it makes total sense it's never explicitly referred to beforehand - Rebecca has been in deep denial for many things since the beginning. But agree to disagree :) 

American Gods I loved. Some people have issues with the pacing but I loved it. The Coming to America bits were my favourite, alongside the "Dead Wife" road trip.

i second BlackBears recommendation for Legion too!

and s2 of the last kingdom was great too

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

You totally should. And I have no idea, it's easier to get other people to figure out problems. 

that sounds really exciting! Are you already working on  the nursery too? 

We’re not working on the nursery yet as were moving in a matter of weeks now out of this horrible,over rated, polluted city, work on her nursery will start once we’ve moved, and later she will have a garden to play in with fresher air :D.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

No, I'm really clueless about the story, I started watching it because ricky whittle is in it. I'll probably do a quick googling before I move on to the next episode, in hope that I'll have a little more clue about what's happening. 

No, might check it out. Also want to check out The Last Kingdom S2, have you  watched that? 

Be very careful, there are a couple of big twists. I'd be happy to answer any question though! And I think H was very active in the thread too.

I have not seen TLK, but given it's on Netflix I may give it a look.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate just how awful the cover art for the audio versions of Robin Hobb's books is? 

On 10/7/2017 at 4:40 AM, RhaenysB said:

I'm fine, thank you, I moved house. Hope you still get to have some fun and rest while being busy with work. What do you do? 

I work in purchasing for a large charity. We're focused on disaster relief in the Caribbean right now so there's a lot going on. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

First lesson of the new week survived!
I got a mail that some high-schooler wants private lessons on Fridays from 20.00 to 21.30. Okay, seriously? What kind of a higschooler is that? Who wants lessons on Friday evenings?

Well, it has been there in the title sequence all season. :P

But yes, I know, that twist is ... different than the rest of the show.

On the other hand, I have seen the end of Jane.

Reveal hidden contents

Fabian situtation. :lol:

Also explaining Mateo how he came to be ... that will be all kinds of awkward for the parents all through his life.

So now Rafael and Luisa finally hate each other and she will go on some revenge spree, probably kidnapping children and stuff?

TTTNE is better with Rhae-sister drama.

You mean the parents want lessons on Friday evening. You are also human and shouldn't give lessons on Friday evening unless it's for an attrocious amount of money. 

Josh is such a piece of dumb shit. 

Spoiler

Yeah that was awkward but they seemed to have handled the situation well. Poor teenage Mateo will be so mad when he finally understands. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

But it was always there. Since season one we've known Rebecca went to both Harvard and Yale - with no explanation why (it should be one or the other). We are introduced to her as someone highly reliant on pills and clearly mentally distressed and in need of expert help. I don't think the revelations of the finale were out of the blue at all...and I also appreciated that they didn't make the plot turn on the new information either. The way they handle it was clever imo.

Reveal hidden contents

The cliche would be Trent coming along and dumping the info and that is the catalyst for the failed wedding. But no, instead we see natural progressions from the characters as we have seen them. Josh is immature and impulsive and decides to get a new t-shirt (oh and some god stuff) instead of marry Rebecca. Rebecca

finally acknowledges she has issues, kicks her idiot father to the kerb and such...also, it makes total sense it's never explicitly referred to beforehand - Rebecca has been in deep denial for many things since the beginning. But agree to disagree :) 

American Gods I loved. Some people have issues with the pacing but I loved it. The Coming to America bits were my favourite, alongside the "Dead Wife" road trip.

i second BlackBears recommendation for Legion too!

and s2 of the last kingdom was great too

I was unshakably convinced that she did bachelor at one and master at the other. It didn't even occur to me that isn't obvious or isn't the case at all. 

And I kinda meant this Robert thing. It wasn't out of the blue that she had been treated in a mental hospital, that fits into the narrative and the previous clues. This Robert stuff though, I don't think it was ever hinted before. 

Trent is awful. And yeah dr akopian will sure be happy. It's a really disappointing way to end a season though. 

I'm willing to be patient with American God's, it's kinda weird but I suppose I need to get used to its very different atmosphere and dynamics after crazy ex girlfriend. 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

We’re not working on the nursery yet as were moving in a matter of weeks now out of this horrible,over rated, polluted city, work on her nursery will start once we’ve moved, and later she will have a garden to play in with fresher air :D.

Oh that sounds nice, good luck with moving. 

I assumed something like that as well, that Rebecca did bachelor at one and master at the other, or just did one semester "abroad" - well, not really abroad, but just being a guest from another uni. I did not know this was supposed to be some eye-catching big mystery.

9 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

You mean the parents want lessons on Friday evening. You are also human and shouldn't give lessons on Friday evening unless it's for an attrocious amount of money. 

Yeah, I can dream of that. I can assure you I am not going to become rich from teaching.

Indeed. Very undecided and does not know what he wants.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah that was awkward but they seemed to have handled the situation well. Poor teenage Mateo will be so mad when he finally understands. 

I do not think he will be mad - at whom?

You know what the weirdest part of Jane is? That everybody believes her artificial insemination/virgin pregnancy and all story. Not her mother and grandmother and people who know her, but the whole media pomp ... it would be much more convincing that everybody would think she just slept with Rafael (the nuns with whom she worked), Valencia&Valeria, those people who thought she can help with fertility issues, people who were marketing her book ...

Trent is awful. And yeah dr akopian will sure be happy. It's a really disappointing way to end a season though.

I thought it was amazing and appropriately crazy.

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Can we all take a moment to appreciate just how awful the cover art for the audio versions of Robin Hobb's books is? 

I work in purchasing for a large charity. We're focused on disaster relief in the Caribbean right now so there's a lot going on. 

That sounds like a very socially responsible job. Must be nice to work for an organization that's not out there for themselves. I only ever worked for companies that are out there for the money. 

19 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yeah, I can dream of that. I can assure you I am not going to become rich from teaching.

Indeed. Very undecided and does not know what he wants.

I do not think he will be mad - at whom?

You know what the weirdest part of Jane is? That everybody believes her artificial insemination/virgin pregnancy and all story. Not her mother and grandmother and people who know her, but the whole media pomp ... it would be much more convincing that everybody would think she just slept with Rafael (the nuns with whom she worked), Valencia&Valeria, those people who thought she can help with fertility issues, people who were marketing her book ...

I thought it was amazing and appropriately crazy.

Yeah, I know, my mother's a teacher. 

At the world? At Luisa? I always wanted her to be at least suspended for being so insufferably unprofessional and irresponsible. 

Yeah that's a fair point. Not sure the nuns believed her, they wanted to make a business out of the story, I don't think they cared if it was true or not. Valeria and Victoria were probably the same. It really is weird. 

Haaaaahhhhhh, I just love making an effort for people and being shitted on in return. 

50 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Reveal hidden contents

I was unshakably convinced that she did bachelor at one and master at the other. It didn't even occur to me that isn't obvious or isn't the case at all. 

And I kinda meant this Robert thing. It wasn't out of the blue that she had been treated in a mental hospital, that fits into the narrative and the previous clues. This Robert stuff though, I don't think it was ever hinted before. 

I'm willing to be patient with American God's, it's kinda weird but I suppose I need to get used to its very different atmosphere and dynamics after crazy ex girlfriend. 

Oh that sounds nice, good luck with moving. 

43 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I assumed something like that as well, that Rebecca did bachelor at one and master at the other, or just did one semester "abroad" - well, not really abroad, but just being a guest from another uni. I did not know this was supposed to be some eye-catching big mystery.

My point was more that there are things already in place that mean this new revelation (I see what Rhae was referring to now, yes that was a totally new piece of info) doesn't really seem out of the blue because it is entirely believable based on what we already know about Rebecca, and it doesn't contradict anything that has been established already. The Harvard/Yale thing probably wasn't supposed to seem like an eye-catching mystery, but because it is mentioned before S2 finale, we can retroactively say "aha, that's why!" This contrasts with what I call "bad out of the blue twists" such as (Rhae will understand this one) GOT S7 finale :rolleyes: 

The LF trial farce where they just pull the rug and go in the total opposite direction that they have been going in all season without any scenes or dialogue to explain this because SHOCKING! 

This is Emmy-winning writing right here :rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My point was more that there are things already in place that mean this new revelation (I see what Rhae was referring to now, yes that was a totally new piece of info) doesn't really seem out of the blue because it is entirely believable based on what we already know about Rebecca, and it doesn't contradict anything that has been established already. The Harvard/Yale thing probably wasn't supposed to seem like an eye-catching mystery, but because it is mentioned before S2 finale, we can retroactively say "aha, that's why!" This contrasts with what I call "bad out of the blue twists" such as (Rhae will understand this one) GOT S7 finale :rolleyes: 

Reveal hidden contents

The LF trial farce where they just pull the rug and go in the total opposite direction that they have been going in all season without any scenes or dialogue to explain this because SHOCKING! 

This is Emmy-winning writing right here :rolleyes: 

Oh god don't even remind me. *Shudders*

Spoiler

Also viserion - who is still 100% not named as the fallen dragon in the actual show, only in the inside clips and on the internet. Oh god, it was so bad. 

no, this twist was much better than those... . even if I didn't like it. 

Today the internship was so shitty that I'm back to seriously considering finding a different subject to study.

On ‎8‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 1:54 AM, The BlackBear said:

I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

But I saw Moana last night and it was great! So in keeping with the theme:

It's sadly not in this clip, but I love the way Jemaine Clement says 'bioluminescent algae'

Yes! Been listening to Where You Are and How Far I'll Go on repeat for two weeks straight.

On ‎8‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 10:12 AM, RhaenysB said:

Ooooh, I've been eyeing Moana for a while....but I'm not sure I would like it. 

How would you say it compares to Frozen  or Brave? 

I was always rather cold to Frozen (pun intended) but I loved Moana. Excellent use of theme, great songs, and the best love story Disney has written - there's no prince involved. Also the animation is really gorgeous.

On ‎8‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 8:12 PM, RhaenysB said:

I promise I will shut up after this, but: 

Reveal hidden contents

Sister and the Suit Jacket 

- comedy in 3 acts 

Act 1

Sunday afternoon 5pm - over the phone 

sister: listen, do you have like a suit jacket for a couple hours that I can borrow? Need it for a shoot.

RhaeB: I do but how do I get it to you? 

Sister: problem is we'll be shooting the scenes this week and I don't have anything like that but my character wears them all the time. 

RhaeB: okay, but how do I get it to you? 

Sister: are you like home at your house right now? Because we could pick it up today. 

RhaeB: who will pick it up today? 

Sister: dad. 

RhaeB: it's a two-hour drive. 

Sister: yeah but I was thinking we could go there on the way back to the dorm.

RhaeB: I live in the opposite direction. It's a two-hour detour. 

Sister: okay but I really need a suit jacket. 

RhaeB: ask mom and dad if and how they can get it down to you during the week, And I'll Give it to them on Monday. 

Sister: okay. 

Act 2

Sunday afternoon 5:30 pm - RhaeB's parents' living room 

sister: so you know I need that suit jacket for my shoot next week, and the one mom gave is too large for me, so RhaeB could lend me one, but I don't know how she could get it to me. 

Mom: I don't care. 

Dad: Figure it out, we are watching tv. 

Sister: can't we get it today? 

Dad: there's like football on tv. 

Mom: omg are you insane, how long have you known you need a suit jacket why did you only tell us now, why didn't you think of it before, you are so stupid and unorganized you never pay attention to anything, you would lose your head if it wasn't attached to your neck, just wear mine , why do you even care you look like a freak from the 90s in it, that's totally fine for camera, Jesus, go to your room, and let us watch tv. 

Sunday afternoon 5:40 pm - over the phone 

sister: so they told me to figure it out and they don't care and that you should send it via post, but that won't be here on time.

RhaeB: I can do that, it'll be there by Wednesday-ish. 

Sister: that could work, just take a photo of the suit jacket first. 

RhaeB: okay, you don't just need a suit jacket, you need a suit jacket that's a perfect fit and style.

sister: I told you mom's is too large, just take a photo.

rhaeB: okay, I'll take a photo. 

Act 3 

sunday evening 7 pm - over the phone

sister: so have you taken a photo yet? And hey, do you have like a large jewel you could also send? 

RhaeB: I don't have a large jewel. 

Sunday evening 7:05 pm - RhaeB's closet 

*rhaeB slams her suit jackets onto the  edge of a drawer and takes photos and sends them over* 

sunday evening 8 pm - over the phone 

sister: which one is the most form fitting? 

RhaeB: just pick one for fuck's sake.

sister: the first two then. 

*curtains* 

I. Can't. Even. 

I've missed your sister. Also, holy shit, we have the exact same moms.

3 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

I looked up the other covers and damn, I don't know what these people were thinking :( 

15 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

At the world? At Luisa? I always wanted her to be at least suspended for being so insufferably unprofessional and irresponsible. 

Yeah that's a fair point. Not sure the nuns believed her, they wanted to make a business out of the story, I don't think they cared if it was true or not. Valeria and Victoria were probably the same. It really is weird.

I think she stopped working at the hospital soon after the incident. I do not know if she was suspended though. It is right that she probably would not be able to keep her job at any normal organisation after that.

Those nuns were very opportunistic. :P Valeria and Victoria just wanted publicity probably. Even if they are not Rogelio's daughters, they have that in common. :D

13 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Today the internship was so shitty that I'm back to seriously considering finding a different subject to study.

:grouphug:

13 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Yes! Been listening to Where You Are and How Far I'll Go on repeat for two weeks straight.

I was always rather cold to Frozen (pun intended) but I loved Moana. Excellent use of theme, great songs, and the best love story Disney has written - there's no prince involved. Also the animation is really gorgeous.

I've missed your sister. Also, holy shit, we have the exact same moms.

I looked up the other covers and damn, I don't know what these people were thinking :( 

Oh damn, first, I'm really sorry, it really sucks to hate your job/internship. :grouphug:  what happened? 

I don't know, I'm not in a Disney mood right now, I'm in a hot men shooting guns and sword fighting mood. Or sexily crashing into brick walls and standing in water. And when I'm in Disney mood I usually go for classic Disney, but a long weekend is coming up soon so I might as well give moana a chance. 

Sister has been sistering a lot this week... *sigh* 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Morning, spamlings! The early bird is up!

Morning to you too :cheers: (Let's assume this is tea and not beer) 

(no, I didn't just get up. Unfortunately) 

Archived