TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

8 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Morning Buckle!, what a terrible day so far, I have a cold :( and can’t take anything for it.

Horrible! At least you can drink tea, right? :(

It is not morning anymore, I have been up a long time! :P

36 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Horrible! At least you can drink tea, right? :(

It is not morning anymore, I have been up a long time! :P

I can technically but I’m more a coffee person, I woke up early then went back to sleep until like an hour ago.

@HelenaExMachina And others who have read Patrick Rothfuss' stuff:

Am I meant to like Kvothe? I'm 14 chapters into The Name of the Wind, and I really don't. I feel that may be fine going forward if I'm meant to see him as an arrogant douchebag, but not so much if I am genuinely meant to think he's the shit.

He's everything I hated about Jon in early ASoIaF, but Jon is a character I really like in later books, because he gets wiser, than the know it all he starts out as.

Thanks Rhae, I’m still feeling pretty bad :(.

I’m also feeling pretty bad emotionally right now too as I’ve had a big disagreement with a friend who I’ve known since I was like 5 and to be honest I feel like I’m being taken advantage of and really don’t need this at the moment.

On ‎10‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 10:23 AM, RhaenysB said:

Oh damn, first, I'm really sorry, it really sucks to hate your job/internship. :grouphug:  what happened? 

I don't know, I'm not in a Disney mood right now, I'm in a hot men shooting guns and sword fighting mood. Or sexily crashing into brick walls and standing in water. And when I'm in Disney mood I usually go for classic Disney, but a long weekend is coming up soon so I might as well give moana a chance. 

Sister has been sistering a lot this week... *sigh* 

It's just really not the kind of thing I want to do later. The subjects I write about are dull as hell and the people are boring. Fortunately it's only five more weeks.

Moana has The Rock, that's something.

22 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Am I meant to like Kvothe? I'm 14 chapters into The Name of the Wind, and I really don't. I feel that may be fine going forward if I'm meant to see him as an arrogant douchebag, but not so much if I am genuinely meant to think he's the shit.

He's everything I hated about Jon in early ASoIaF, but Jon is a character I really like in later books, because he gets wiser, than the know it all he starts out as.

Kvothe is probably the most divisive part of the trilogy. I have no idea how Rothfuss intended him to come across, but I reread TNOTW this summer, and arrogant douchebag sounds right.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:27 PM, The BlackBear said:

Well that's a whole rabbit hole at sparks a lot of discussion in the Rothfuss threads. There are two sides to the argument;

1) Kvothe is an unreliable narrator and embellishing his story to come off as better than he is. Under this line of argument, Rothfuss intentionally made him a "Gary Stu" as a plot point. Kvothe is narrating his own story and isn't 100% trustworthy. Ser Scott Ellison is a big proponent of this one I think.

2) The second line of argument says others are reading waaay deeper than is actually there and Kvothe is just as it says on the page. I lean towards this explanation.

And fwiw I found the second book even worse than the first for this stuff. It is, after all, the book containing the infamous ninja fairy sex...

16 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Thanks Rhae, I’m still feeling pretty bad :(.

I’m also feeling pretty bad emotionally right now too as I’ve had a big disagreement with a friend who I’ve known since I was like 5 and to be honest I feel like I’m being taken advantage of and really don’t need this at the moment.

Hugs. Lots of tea and rest in cozy blankets. 

I had a bff feud the other day too. Then we talked it out so now my friend is happy that everything that annoyed her was adressed and she understood that the reason why I nag her is not that I'm mean, it's that I think she's making her own life miserable and I don't want that, but I promised to respect her choices while she tries not to chase herself to insanity by stressing over irrelevant shit all the time. I mean the stuff that bothers me wasn't adressed or resolved or taken seriously in any way, but half the coin is a start...? I would kinda feel stupid about brining it up again...

hope you guys resolve the issue and come to an agreement (even if it's an agreement to disagree). 

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It's just really not the kind of thing I want to do later. The subjects I write about are dull as hell and the people are boring. Fortunately it's only five more weeks.

Moana has The Rock, that's something.

Kvothe is probably the most divisive part of the trilogy. I have no idea how Rothfuss intended him to come across, but I reread TNOTW this summer, and arrogant douchebag sounds right.

:/ I'm sorry, that sounds annoying. Do you have any ideas about what you would like to try? I know it's tough to not like what you are doing/studying, but sooner or later it will come to you. The answer to what you want to do, what you enjoy doing (as a job or a field of study, I mean). It took me way longer than expected, but I  finally kinda know what I enjoy and want to do as a job. So don't stress about it and try different things. 

Yeah, but only his voice and we all know it's not his voice we (or I) like about the Rock. In fact I don't know what's his voice is like, because I watched the dubbed version of movies he was in. They were all godawful movies, but those muscles... 

after not wearing makeup for like two months, I'm back at it with the whole package... doing makeup is time consuming. And it doesn't necessarily make me any less ugly, but it's fun and it does gives you (again, me, let's not generalize) that feeling of fancyness. 

It's also coupon weekend and I'll be off to spend some money (for once I actually need the stuff I'm going to get). And then there's a hipster plant exhibition/market I want to visit tomorrow and I'll be visiting family at the weekend... 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Hugs. Lots of tea and rest in cozy blankets. 

I had a bff feud the other day too. Then we talked it out so now my friend is happy that everything that annoyed her was adressed and she understood that the reason why I nag her is not that I'm mean, it's that I think she's making her own life miserable and I don't want that, but I promised to respect her choices while she tries not to chase herself to insanity by stressing over irrelevant shit all the time. I mean the stuff that bothers me wasn't adressed or resolved or taken seriously in any way, but half the coin is a start...? I would kinda feel stupid about brining it up again...

hope you guys resolve the issue and come to an agreement (even if it's an agreement to disagree). 

Yeah I hope we do too, I just feel kind of frustrated at her at the moment, I feel bad for her because she’s left a relationship that wasn’t working and has been left in a difficult situation as they lived together, but I’ve been there emotionally, I’ve helped her out financially and I just kind of feel I’m being lashed out at for being a good friend :(, that and I think she’s kind of jealous because I’m in a happy relationship and soon to have a baby which is what she was hoping for with her bf, I just don’t need it when I’m feeling pretty physically and emotionally fragile.

I’m glad you managed to resolve things with your friend.

39 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Are you cutting your students when they mess something up and glue their tongues to the white board? :D:D:D:D 

No, but that is an interesting idea. I will ask the school about their official policies when it comes to using these methods. :P

6 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yeah I hope we do too, I just feel kind of frustrated at her at the moment, I feel bad for her because she’s left a relationship that wasn’t working and has been left in a difficult situation as they lived together, but I’ve been there emotionally, I’ve helped her out financially and I just kind of feel I’m being lashed out at for being a good friend :(, that and I think she’s kind of jealous because I’m in a happy relationship and soon to have a baby which is what she was hoping for with her bf, I just don’t need it when I’m feeling pretty physically and emotionally fragile.

I’m glad you managed to resolve things with your friend.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hope you and the friend can clear things up and she'll appreciate you for the great friend you are. 

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No, but that is an interesting idea. I will ask the school about their official policies when it comes to using these methods. :P

If the policy agrees, I'll send my sister to your German class. Feel free to cut her tongue out and glue it to the white board. 

Oh god, it's 10am and I've been up for 4 hours, the very knowledge is making me want to fall asleep...

and I won't get to sleep at the weekend either, and I'm still sleeping on a mattress anyway, because my bed still hasn't arrived and it's beginning to stress me out. 

Enough of complaining. When you meet the painter at 7am and go to Starbucks to die and sleep at 7:30, there are actually free armchairs and super cute corgis with super hot owners (who wear a wedding ring, but still). That corgi was so so so cute and fluffy and soft and friendly. I want a corgi. And a super hot corgi owner.  

I need sleep. 

Archived