TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

14 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

If the policy agrees, I'll send my sister to your German class. Feel free to cut her tongue out and glue it to the white board. 

:stunned: What kind of a teacher do you think I am?

Go to sleep!

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

:stunned: What kind of a teacher do you think I am?

Go to sleep!

I don't know, but I'm sure you're a good teacher and know when a teenager needs their tongue removed. 

I can't, still have a little work to finish and then there's a team-building event later in the afternoon. 

In other news, this conversation happened and I can't decide if it makes me ashamed or proud. It mostly makes me laugh. I make the worst jokes these days and I laugh at myself. I need sleep.

Friend: RhaeB, you are that person who goes to Starbucks with her laptop and works from there, right? 

Me: no, I'm that person who meets the house painter at 7am, then goes to Starbucks to pass out for two hours till stores open and she can go shopping.  

11 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I don't know, but I'm sure you're a good teacher and know when a teenager needs their tongue removed. 

I can't, still have a little work to finish and then there's a team-building event later in the afternoon. 

In other news, this conversation happened and I can't decide if it makes me ashamed or proud. It mostly makes me laugh. I make the worst jokes these days and I laugh at myself. I need sleep.

Friend: RhaeB, you are that person who goes to Starbucks with her laptop and works from there, right? 

Me: no, I'm that person who meets the house painter at 7am, then goes to Starbucks to pass out for two hours till stores open and she can go shopping.  

I am not a good teacher at all. :angry:

You seem like you really need sleep. I hope at least you get a weekend.

53 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Why is that? I mean what makes you think you aren't a good teacher? From what I gather you put a lot of time and effort into preparing your classes and enjoy working with (grownup) students. That's kinda the foundation of being a good teacher, isn't it? 

17 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hope you and the friend can clear things up and she'll appreciate you for the great friend you are. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Would you like some teaching tips from me?, I’m pretty good at tutoring apprentices.

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Why is that? I mean what makes you think you aren't a good teacher? From what I gather you put a lot of time and effort into preparing your classes and enjoy working with (grownup) students. That's kinda the foundation of being a good teacher, isn't it? 

I have bee getting a lot of criticism from the more experienced ones. That is incidentally part of the reason I spend that much more time preparing my classes.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have bee getting a lot of criticism from the more experienced ones. That is incidentally part of the reason I spend that much more time preparing my classes.

Is it constructive criticism and do they also tell you what's good about your teaching? I hope so, otherwise that's really rude of them. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Is it constructive criticism and do they also tell you what's good about your teaching? I hope so, otherwise that's really rude of them. 

They tell me what to do instead. So constructive. Still frustrating though.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

They tell me what to do instead. So constructive. Still frustrating though.

That's really rude and not professional at all. I can totally understand why you feel frustrated. One would think that a language school gives you space to develop your own style of teaching while providing guidance, instead of pinning you down to a strict "that's how you do it". :/ 

oh hey, it's been like three years since I had conjunctivitis, missed it so much. No I didn't. And of course, this happens just the day after I run out of camomile tea... 

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That's really rude and not professional at all. I can totally understand why you feel frustrated. One would think that a language school gives you space to develop your own style of teaching while providing guidance, instead of pinning you down to a strict "that's how you do it". :/ 

oh hey, it's been like three years since I had conjunctivitis, missed it so much. No I didn't. And of course, this happens just the day after I run out of camomile tea... 

They want me to do better. :dunno: Maybe I am really that bad.

No idea what that is and too lazy to google, but get better.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

.2) The second line of argument says others are reading waaay deeper than is actually there and Kvothe is just as it says on the page. I lean towards this explanation.

And fwiw I found the second book even worse than the first for this stuff. It is, after all, the book containing the infamous ninja fairy sex...

Yeahhhh I hated them honestly. Didn’t like any of the characters except maybe one or two.

been reading the Farseer trilogy and mostly loving it

im sure you’re a fine teacher Buck :P 

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

been reading the Farseer trilogy and mostly loving it

im sure you’re a fine teacher Buck :P 

Just wait for Liveships, they are even better.

Hopefully. I am working to improve.

How is your life going, consul?

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

They want me to do better. :dunno: Maybe I am really that bad.

No idea what that is and too lazy to google, but get better.

That doesn't justify being rude. Wanting you to do better and not making you feel like you are crap aren't mutually exclusive.  And I'm sure you are the easiest person to motivate too because you are dedicated and hardworking, so I don't see why it's necessary to make you feel bad about your teaching. As Mark said, I'm sure you are a fine teacher too.  

Pinkeye. A type of inflammation of the eye. In the meanwhile I got an inflamed ear too, so I'm literally just lying on the sofa and sleeping through the weekend. I'll go and see adoctor tomorrow. This is really unfair because that's not how I planned to spend the weekend, I have a ton of shit to do, and I'm feeling too crappy to do them, plus, I'm kinda scared of getting more bacteria/chemicals/dust into my eye/ear so I also don't want to push it. Well that was happy and positive wasn't it? 

I've been binging The Good Place... it's actually kinda entertaining, very nice character building, fun twists that make sense, likable character, marvellous British accent lessons. The plot is a bit of a bumpy road in season 2, but it seems to be picking up. 

Also watched the new Jane the Virgin episode. Wasn't a huge fan of that, but we'll see how the rest of the season goes. 

Also it's 25C outside. I'm inside, but the idea is outrageous in itself. 

Also, sister sent me the cutest pictures of Prince William he is such a sweet dog, I miss him so much. And it kinda makes me want to have a puppy here. Maybe next year I'll get a puppy, that would be amazing. I would either get 

A: corgi puppy named Henry VII

B: dachshund puppy named Otto (von Bismarck) 

C: adopted mutt puppy named whatever historical figure fits him or her. 

That was a lot of nonsensical ramble for one post. 

@The King in Black I've been fine. How about you? Update please! Nice to see you around :cheers: 

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Just wait for Liveships, they are even better.

Hopefully. I am working to improve.

How is your life going, consul?

That makes me excited. Is there like a recommended reading order for Hobbs series or should I just read in publication order. 

Working to improve is always good but don’t be too hard on yourself. 

Life is well... going :D one day at a time, thanks for asking. 

Feel better Rhae. I want a puppy too :( 

16 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

That makes me excited. Is there like a recommended reading order for Hobbs series or should I just read in publication order.

Publication is chronological, so yeah, they're best to read that way. I read Liveship first because they're the first ones I saw (and yeah they are the best.) but there's stuff in there you would only pick up if you;d read the Fitz stuff first.

Though before too long you may start to notice a pattern as regards antagonists...

But good luck when you get to the rainwild series. Urgh.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Maybe next year I'll get a puppy, that would be amazing. I would either get 

A: corgi puppy named Henry VII

B: dachshund puppy named Otto (von Bismarck) 

C: adopted mutt puppy named whatever historical figure fits him or her. 

At least someone else chooses their pet names before they have them too, I kind of want to get 3 hop hops: Balerion,Meraxes and Vhagar :D.

8 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Publication is chronological, so yeah, they're best to read that way. I read Liveship first because they're the first ones I saw (and yeah they are the best.) but there's stuff in there you would only pick up if you;d read the Fitz stuff first.

Though before too long you may start to notice a pattern as regards antagonists...

But good luck when you get to the rainwild series. Urgh.

Cool. Thanks.

Regal is already my least favorite part of this trilogy, dont find him compelling or interesting as an antagonist to Fitz at all so kinda disappointing to hear that

That doesn't justify being rude. Wanting you to do better and not making you feel like you are crap aren't mutually exclusive.  And I'm sure you are the easiest person to motivate too because you are dedicated and hardworking, so I don't see why it's necessary to make you feel bad about your teaching. As Mark said, I'm sure you are a fine teacher too.

I do not think they are being rude. I am a person who takes things way too personally for business life. I try to tell myself it is not personal and that I have to learn to be professional.

Cannot really say I am dedicated to teaching. :P I do it, yes, and I do not hate it, I would say I enjoy it as much as one can be expected to "enjoy" work. But it is not what would be my first choice.

Pinkeye. A type of inflammation of the eye. In the meanwhile I got an inflamed ear too, so I'm literally just lying on the sofa and sleeping through the weekend. I'll go and see adoctor tomorrow. This is really unfair because that's not how I planned to spend the weekend, I have a ton of shit to do, and I'm feeling too crappy to do them, plus, I'm kinda scared of getting more bacteria/chemicals/dust into my eye/ear so I also don't want to push it. Well that was happy and positive wasn't it?

Yikes. Get better, RB. Take care of yourself. :grouphug:

Also watched the new Jane the Virgin episode. Wasn't a huge fan of that, but we'll see how the rest of the season goes.

I am going to watch that too. But I am more excited about the new Crazy Ex! Let's generalize about men! :commie:

I have no clue what name I would give my dog if I had one, but I am halfway sure I what I would name my cat if I had one.

I've always been partial to animals with human names.

'This is my cat, Alan.'

58 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Cool. Thanks.

Hide contents

Regal is already my least favorite part of this trilogy, dont find him compelling or interesting as an antagonist to Fitz at all so kinda disappointing to hear that

Spoiler

Yeah frankly he's just a plot point. Some of the villains are a little one dimensional. The Chalceadean's pretty much begin and end at: Rapists.

Archived