TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

22 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

At least someone else chooses their pet names before they have them too, I kind of want to get 3 hop hops: Balerion,Meraxes and Vhagar :D.

That's an amazing idea! Just think about all the dragon-Easter-eggs you can make and take a photo of them with, it's just too perfect. 

Most of my pets had names before I got them. At least the ones that were planned, randomly adopted pets didn't get a name in advance. 

Thank you, Mark. :) 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not think they are being rude. I am a person who takes things way too personally for business life. I try to tell myself it is not personal and that I have to learn to be professional.

Cannot really say I am dedicated to teaching. :P I do it, yes, and I do not hate it, I would say I enjoy it as much as one can be expected to "enjoy" work. But it is not what would be my first choice.

Yikes. Get better, RB. Take care of yourself. :grouphug:

I am going to watch that too. But I am more excited about the new Crazy Ex! Let's generalize about men! :commie:

I have no clue what name I would give my dog if I had one, but I am halfway sure I what I would name my cat if I had one.

Oh I didn't see this post, sorry.

well, it's good if you don't take it personally, but I do think it's not nice of them anyway. What would be your first choice, btw? 

And what would you name your cat? 

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

That makes me excited. Is there like a recommended reading order for Hobbs series or should I just read in publication order. 

Working to improve is always good but don’t be too hard on yourself. 

Life is well... going :D one day at a time, thanks for asking. 

Feel better Rhae. I want a puppy too :( 

Publishing order, which is also chronological. So Farseer - Liveships - Tawny Man - Rain Wilds - Fitz and the Fool.

Characterisation and raw emotion is Hobb's strength. Also I find her prose really beautifully too. 

5 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Cool. Thanks.

Hide contents

Regal is already my least favorite part of this trilogy, dont find him compelling or interesting as an antagonist to Fitz at all so kinda disappointing to hear that

Lots of people have that issue. I grew to enjoy her OTT antagonists over time but I understand the criticism. Even so, I think there is more complexity to some of her characters, particularly her antagonists, than many credit on a first read. Some info is also added retrospectively in later books...

Kennit is by far one of her best crafter characters though...

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not think they are being rude. I am a person who takes things way too personally for business life. I try to tell myself it is not personal and that I have to learn to be professional.

Cannot really say I am dedicated to teaching. :P I do it, yes, and I do not hate it, I would say I enjoy it as much as one can be expected to "enjoy" work. But it is not what would be my first choice.

Yikes. Get better, RB. Take care of yourself. :grouphug:

I am going to watch that too. But I am more excited about the new Crazy Ex! Let's generalize about men! :commie:

I have no clue what name I would give my dog if I had one, but I am halfway sure I what I would name my cat if I had one.

In all it's glory:

i don't like to think how many times I have watched this now. I love it so much and find something new to giggle at every time. Paula at the end is by far the funniest part though. Also Heather's enthusiastic kick-dancing, and Valencia's glitter shower, and Heather's "Totally" and the outfits and "All 3.6 billion men", and "ooh I hear you girl" and the gay men part and the tune and...

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh I didn't see this post, sorry.

well, it's good if you don't take it personally, but I do think it's not nice of them anyway. What would be your first choice, btw? 

And what would you name your cat? 

I try not to take it personally. Mostly, I do not succed. People tell me to change this, but that is just who I am. I am a caring person, which means I take stuff personally.

My first choice right now would be working at university ... so part of that would also be teaching, but on a different level. And research and stuff. Maybe I have not thought this through enough. Maybe I do not know what I am talking about. I would also like to translate literature.I like that.

My cat would probably get a silly name. It is better I do not have a cat. I would be very annoying to a cat. I like cuddling animals more than they like to be cuddled.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

i don't like to think how many times I have watched this now. I love it so much and find something new to giggle at every time. Paula at the end is by far the funniest part though. Also Heather's enthusiastic kick-dancing, and Valencia's glitter shower, and Heather's "Totally" and the outfits and "All 3.6 billion men", and "ooh I hear you girl" and the gay men part and the tune and...

:lol: I have watched Where's Rebecca Bunch more, but this one is very funny too.

@RhaenysB I actually liked the new Jane. I liked the new narrator voice. The former Mateo was more adorable, though.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:36 AM, RhaenysB said:

I'm beginning to accept the fact that sooner rather than later I will need to get a car and learn to handle myself in the city traffic, it will save an insane amount of hassle. Though I have admittedly built a crap ton of muscle in the past two months carrying shit around town on foot and public transport. 

WHERE IS MY FOOD. *so hungry* 

WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS! 

I'm so sorry, it's such an obvious awful joke and yet I couldn't resist. 

I am very much looking forward to Rhae's driving adventures. You truly get a new outlook on humanity once you experience people on the road. 

On 10/5/2017 at 7:47 AM, RhaenysB said:

Why. Don't. People. Ever. Do. Their. Jobs? 

Like seriously, if you sell me 8 lamps for like €500, and I pay in advance and you tell me they'll be here in two weeks WHY is it me who has to call you after A MONTH and ask where the f*** my lamps are? And then you promise to check and call me back and two hours later I have to call you again and ask if you checked? And then you finally check and come back to me and hey, you had pipe breakage and the packaging of my lamps soaked through but they are fine and you can deliver them tomorrow? Like, call me when my lamps come in so they don't sit in your storage and get soaked. Call me when you have the pipe breakage and soak through the packaging of my lamps. Call me! I'm the damn customer. Serve me! Why do I have to call people over and over again to make them to their job that I paid for? Why can't they just do it without my pushing them? 

I see customer service has died globally. I honestly thought it was a U.S. phenomenon. It's pretty non existent anymore here. Dealing with healthcare providers in particular usually means doing everyone's job but the doctors. 

On 10/6/2017 at 7:42 AM, Zar Lannister said:

BUCKYYYYYY

HELENAAAAA

RHAENYSSS

FOMNNNNN

TBBBBBBBB!

LOOOOOOOOOO!

(and hi to ppl who may have evolved like a pokemon since I diminished)

ZAR!!! Hello my friend! How have you been? 

On 10/6/2017 at 7:59 AM, KiDisaster said:

Now there's a name I haven't seen in a long time. Hello Zar :) 

And hello to the rest of you spammers. 

KiD!!! So good to see you here too! 

On 10/9/2017 at 7:42 AM, KiDisaster said:

Can we all take a moment to appreciate just how awful the cover art for the audio versions of Robin Hobb's books is? 

I work in purchasing for a large charity. We're focused on disaster relief in the Caribbean right now so there's a lot going on. 

Oh my. You must be very busy. Grateful you're doing what you're doing - so many people need help right now. 

I can not sleep and it's driving me crazy. You know when you're so tired you can't even sleep? Yep. 

I am sadly ignorant to global holidays - is Halloween an American thing? I'm very much looking forward to it - pumpkins and trick-or-treating with the lil ones. We are going to this really neat Living history museum here in AZ and they will be playing Ghostbusters - which was a staple in my 80's childhood :D and have ghost hunts for the adults. i know they've done several of those ghost hunting shows at this location. 

Speaking of customer service, @Lady Olennapeople in healthcare are the worst. They don't give a shit about you AND they are rude. I totally get that they are sick of working double shifts for peanuts and deal with stupid people but come on, nobody comes to See a doctor for fun. 

And @Buckwheat that's funny, it was exactly the double narration that I thought was a bit too much. The previous Mateo was indeed cuter but I suppose I'll warm to this new one too. I did love how they handled the recast though. Bamm, Mateo looks like this now. End of story. 

Good luck with getting to work a uni! How is the phd going, btw? 

It's 2.pm. and it's already* dark. Wtf?

*i say 'already' but we haven't really had any proper daylight today. It has remained a deep overcast that has turned the world grey and now it's dark. 

Eta: apparently I should be blaming Ophelia. Damnit Ophelia.

19 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That's an amazing idea! Just think about all the dragon-Easter-eggs you can make and take a photo of them with, it's just too perfect. 

I shall take what is mine, with carrots and blood.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, it's a little over the top... but frankly the heat annoys me more. We are closer to Christmas than we are to a summer vacation, so it would be great to have a weather accordingly. 

Are we? I had a summer vacation the last week of August. Maybe we are somewhere in the middle. I will keep my opinion that Christmas stuff belongs to the storage until the beginning of December (and I am getting softer here).

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

And @Buckwheat that's funny, it was exactly the double narration that I thought was a bit too much. The previous Mateo was indeed cuter but I suppose I'll warm to this new one too. I did love how they handled the recast though. Bamm, Mateo looks like this now. End of story. 

Good luck with getting to work a uni! How is the phd going, btw? 

Well, I am a sucker for weird meta tricks in my entertainment ("literary catnip"), so there is that. I think that was clear by now. :lol:

Spoiler

Two narrating voices arguing and pushing for different scenes are exactly what I like.

I wonder if it will stay that way - because then it would probably mean that this Adam guy is the one Jane is going to stay with in the end? That would be a bit too much of a giveaway though.

Which brings me to what I don't like about it, which is exactly thing new character who now apparently has some backstory with Jane that has never been referred to before and I don't think makes much sense at all. Also don't like the new character,

Oh, the PhD is not going anywhere any time soon, I can tell you that. :P

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's 2.pm. and it's already* dark. Wtf?

*i say 'already' but we haven't really had any proper daylight today. It has remained a deep overcast that has turned the world grey and now it's dark. 

Eta: apparently I should be blaming Ophelia. Damnit Ophelia.

My hopes that London was coming under a 30 Days of Night/ Season 4 of Angel style sun blot out and vampire invasion have been dashed, thanks Helena!.

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

The lions,wolves and everyone else shall quake in fear as the twitching noses descend.

The bunny who hops the world. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I am a sucker for weird meta tricks in my entertainment ("literary catnip"), so there is that. I think that was clear by now. :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Two narrating voices arguing and pushing for different scenes are exactly what I like.

I wonder if it will stay that way - because then it would probably mean that this Adam guy is the one Jane is going to stay with in the end? That would be a bit too much of a giveaway though.

Which brings me to what I don't like about it, which is exactly thing new character who now apparently has some backstory with Jane that has never been referred to before and I don't think makes much sense at all. Also don't like the new character,

Oh, the PhD is not going anywhere any time soon, I can tell you that. :P

Spoiler

Adam was mentioned I think once or maybe twice in half a sentence as a random guy Jane fell in and out of love with when she was younger. 

The whole marriage backstory is the exact same "let's pretend this has been there all along even though we just came up with it" writing method crazy ex did with the Robert marriage. Ugh. And yes, the guy is a nightmare. Jane needs to get together with Rafael or professor hottie. And Petra should have a few more kids with Chuck and start a reality show called Soaring with the Solanos and Rogelio could be mad that he isn't in it instead of that stupid Darcy plot. 

Oh, I'm sorry to hear. Or am I sorry? If that was something you wanted I'm not sorry. 

okay we are in the middle, and Christmas stuff is admittedly early. Neither of those justify a 25C mid-October though. Ugh. 

Argh, I want to scratch my eyes out. This is so annoying. 

Archived