TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Hide contents

Adam was mentioned I think once or maybe twice in half a sentence as a random guy Jane fell in and out of love with when she was younger. 

The whole marriage backstory is the exact same "let's pretend this has been there all along even though we just came up with it" writing method crazy ex did with the Robert marriage. Ugh. And yes, the guy is a nightmare. Jane needs to get together with Rafael or professor hottie. And Petra should have a few more kids with Chuck and start a reality show called Soaring with the Solanos and Rogelio could be mad that he isn't in it instead of that stupid Darcy plot. 

Oh, I'm sorry to hear. Or am I sorry? If that was something you wanted I'm not sorry. 

okay we are in the middle, and Christmas stuff is admittedly early. Neither of those justify a 25C mid-October though. Ugh.

Argh, I want to scratch my eyes out. This is so annoying. 

Spoiler

I thought you would say something like this. :D (We know each other too well on this thread, it is creepy.) It made me think of the same comparison too. I think the Rebecca one is more consistent with the characterisation - Rebecca has shown that she likes burning things down before (Josh&Greg memorabilia and incidentally her house; she also tried to burn the letter from camp) and that she is seriously mentally ill. Plus the same text is in the title sequence, so it is obvious it was planned way in advance. While Jane was always presented as a person who has everything planned in advance and avoids rash decisions. And this whole Adam backstory does not make much sense from that perspective - Jane just would not go through with it.

I dislike the guy because the first thing we learn about him is that he has already broken off two engagements, so he must be unreliable. Not good for Jane, if they want to make him her love interest.

Rafael needs to get together with Petra (they are on their way there) and Chuck just needs to stay away from the show.

I am actually amused by the Rogelio-Darcy feud. Obviously, poor baby. But Rogelio trying to keep his calm when she was spitting insults at him was really funny.

I did not want anything, really. :P I must figure it out myself. When I have something of interest to say about it, I will. :)

Get better.

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Ok so now the weird apocalypse clouds dispersed and it's super windy. 

*dont do it*

*dont do it*

*dont do it*

too late

These songs are the only thing that keeps me awake at 6 AM on the bus.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I thought you would say something like this. :D (We know each other too well on this thread, it is creepy.) It made me think of the same comparison too. I think the Rebecca one is more consistent with the characterisation - Rebecca has shown that she likes burning things down before (Josh&Greg memorabilia and incidentally her house; she also tried to burn the letter from camp) and that she is seriously mentally ill. Plus the same text is in the title sequence, so it is obvious it was planned way in advance. While Jane was always presented as a person who has everything planned in advance and avoids rash decisions. And this whole Adam backstory does not make much sense from that perspective - Jane just would not go through with it.

I dislike the guy because the first thing we learn about him is that he has already broken off two engagements, so he must be unreliable. Not good for Jane, if they want to make him her love interest.

Rafael needs to get together with Petra (they are on their way there) and Chuck just needs to stay away from the show.

I am actually amused by the Rogelio-Darcy feud. Obviously, poor baby. But Rogelio trying to keep his calm when she was spitting insults at him was really funny.

I did not want anything, really. :P I must figure it out myself. When I have something of interest to say about it, I will. :)

Get better.

These songs are the only thing that keeps me awake at 6 AM on the bus.

Spoiler

Come oooon, there's a certain fun in knowing people too well. 

That's an entirely valid point about Jane's character. I suppose she is too much of a control freak to want to marry some guy at the tender age of 18. I can only say that both cases felt kinda out of the blue. 

Yeah I'm totally on board with Rafael+Petra too, but that guy needs to get together with someone because it's getting annoying that he's been torn between petra and Jane for three seasons. 

Rogelio was cute this episode. I think the Darcy baby is a totally boring storyline, but hey, maybe they'll do a twist and Rogelio will find out after assisting the birth that the baby is Esteban's (Rogelio's arch rival-soap-opera-actor enemy) or something. 

Well good luck with it! 

And thanks! 

So now I wake up relatively early even when I do not need to. I will have a longer day, I guess?

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:
  Hide contents

Come oooon, there's a certain fun in knowing people too well. 

That's an entirely valid point about Jane's character. I suppose she is too much of a control freak to want to marry some guy at the tender age of 18. I can only say that both cases felt kinda out of the blue. 

Yeah I'm totally on board with Rafael+Petra too, but that guy needs to get together with someone because it's getting annoying that he's been torn between petra and Jane for three seasons. 

Rogelio was cute this episode. I think the Darcy baby is a totally boring storyline, but hey, maybe they'll do a twist and Rogelio will find out after assisting the birth that the baby is Esteban's (Rogelio's arch rival-soap-opera-actor enemy) or something. 

Spoiler

Well, there must be pregnancies and babies in this show every season, did you not know? ;) I find the storyline amusing. I hope something like that (finding that the baby is not Rogelio's) does not happen.

I thought it interesting how Jane and Xo had similar problems with Rafael and Rogelio respectively, regarding money. The Villenueva women have always had to do everything by themselves and had to take care where they spend. And now Rogelio comes and wants to hire somebody to fix some furniture, Xo says no. Rafael wants to send Mateo to the most expensive school and karate classes and all, Jane says that costs too much. Interesting how they both came into contact with men so much better off than themselves.

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I knew what that video was before I opened it :D we are incorrigible...

I love the new avatar.

*honk honk*

Indeed. :D And now I learned a new word.

Let's say this is my early Halloween costume.

*honk honk*

6 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Poor Bear. If only there were such a thing as Google ...

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So now I wake up relatively early even when I do not need to. I will have a longer day, I guess?

Reveal hidden contents

Well, there must be pregnancies and babies in this show every season, did you not know? ;) I find the storyline amusing. I hope something like that (finding that the baby is not Rogelio's) does not happen.

I thought it interesting how Jane and Xo had similar problems with Rafael and Rogelio respectively, regarding money. The Villenueva women have always had to do everything by themselves and had to take care where they spend. And now Rogelio comes and wants to hire somebody to fix some furniture, Xo says no. Rafael wants to send Mateo to the most expensive school and karate classes and all, Jane says that costs too much. Interesting how they both came into contact with men so much better off than themselves.

Indeed. :D And now I learned a new word.

Let's say this is my early Halloween costume.

Spoiler

Well I completely agree with that, babies are cute, but I just didn't like the Darcy/Rogelio story. 

Yeah, I guess that parallel is to underline the independence of the Villanuevas and makes certain the word gold-digger doesn't come up, as opposed to the case of that whatshername woman and the twins (Valeria and Victoria). 

In fact it would make me pretty damn happy if these shows ever decided to address that it actually feels nice to be able to afford things and it's very very easy to get sucked in and just enjoy the lightness of life when you don't have to worry about money. Maybe I'm a selfish and materialistic person (not maybe, I definitely am), but it's not like it's so easy to sweep these offers off the table, no, no, I don't need comfort or a nice house or money for my child's karate, I prefer life to be more difficult. I just don't think that's honest from anybody, not without some minor inner battles at least. Same for crazy ex the other way around. You do feel when you suddenly make a quarter of what you made before and it's not comfortable and when you are broke that doesn't just go away in a week.  

*feels very smug and self satisfied that she knew that word* 

also, HALLOWEEN AVATARS, I can't wait!!!! :commie: even though I don't really celebrate Halloween. I will have to whip up a Halloween avatar when I get home. And actually, I really want to whip up some autumnal muffins too and pretend it's autumn and not summer.  

8 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well I completely agree with that, babies are cute, but I just didn't like the Darcy/Rogelio story. 

Yeah, I guess that parallel is to underline the independence of the Villanuevas and makes certain the word gold-digger doesn't come up, as opposed to the case of that whatshername woman and the twins (Valeria and Victoria). 

In fact it would make me pretty damn happy if these shows ever decided to address that it actually feels nice to be able to afford things and it's very very easy to get sucked in and just enjoy the lightness of life when you don't have to worry about money. Maybe I'm a selfish and materialistic person (not maybe, I definitely am), but it's not like it's so easy to sweep these offers off the table, no, no, I don't need comfort or a nice house or money for my child's karate, I prefer life to be more difficult. I just don't think that's honest from anybody, not without some minor inner battles at least. Same for crazy ex the other way around. You do feel when you suddenly make a quarter of what you made before and it's not comfortable and when you are broke that doesn't just go away in a week.  

*feels very smug and self satisfied that she knew that word* 

also, HALLOWEEN AVATARS, I can't wait!!!! :commie: even though I don't really celebrate Halloween. I will have to whip up a Halloween avatar when I get home. And actually, I really want to whip up some autumnal muffins too and pretend it's autumn and not summer.  

These!

I interviewed a guy who cosplays as Jon Snow yesterday :lol: His costume looks pretty much identical Jon's Night's Watch outfit. His girlfriend cosplays as Ygritte so it's all one big nerdfest. Even got to hold his Longclaw.

On ‎12‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 0:21 PM, RhaenysB said:

:/ I'm sorry, that sounds annoying. Do you have any ideas about what you would like to try? I know it's tough to not like what you are doing/studying, but sooner or later it will come to you. The answer to what you want to do, what you enjoy doing (as a job or a field of study, I mean). It took me way longer than expected, but I  finally kinda know what I enjoy and want to do as a job. So don't stress about it and try different things. 

Yeah, but only his voice and we all know it's not his voice we (or I) like about the Rock. In fact I don't know what's his voice is like, because I watched the dubbed version of movies he was in. They were all godawful movies, but those muscles... 

Late reply, sorry :P I'd still love to write books, or even scripts. I'm sticking with this for now though, no study is fun 24/7, and Journalism is such a broad subject that there still a lot of unexplored options for me.

He is still pretty great in Moana. And there are plenty of other reasons to watch it.

33 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I interviewed a guy who cosplays as Jon Snow yesterday :lol: His costume looks pretty much identical Jon's Night's Watch outfit. His girlfriend cosplays as Ygritte so it's all one big nerdfest. Even got to hold his Longclaw.

Late reply, sorry :P I'd still love to write books, or even scripts. I'm sticking with this for now though, no study is fun 24/7, and Journalism is such a broad subject that there still a lot of unexplored options for me.

He is still pretty great in Moana. And there are plenty of other reasons to watch it.

28 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh yeah? :leer:

:leaving:

Welcome to the dark side Buck! I can only assume this one was intentional as it was too obvious :P 

Going to government offices to register shit is the most damn humiliating thing in the world. Not because they aren't nice, they are okay, but I'm so so so so so painfully clueless about everything that the humiliation of being so physically hurts. Oh well.

I'll bake something today and just have the evening off and relax and not worry and stress about all the thousands of items on my bloody to-do list. 

I'll bake apple or pumpkin muffins, I haven't decided yet. I'll probably get the special ingredients for both and see what I feel like. Maybe I'll bake both, one now and one next week. :commie: and I'll watch something happy before I hit more government offices tomorrow *cringes* 

so I've been telling you all that I want a puppy. I really really want a puppy and I'm kinda playing with the idea of ditching the new laptop investment in January and just getting a puppy instead. That will of course heavily depend on how my current laptop is holding up. Since it's 5 years old, I'm now working from that, and does all sorts of funny things, there's a big chance that I'll have to replace it sooner rather than later. In any case, the whole puppy obsession might calm down when I go home and get to cuddle the dogs. I just sooooo want to cuddle something!!!! Like a soft, fluffy puppy or a cute, chubby baby or something. 

I'm really all over the place today and it's not helping that I'm dressed like my fourteen-year-old self... need to do laundry and ironing... 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I just sooooo want to cuddle something!!!! Like a soft, fluffy puppy or a cute, chubby baby or something. 

I hear this is what boyfriends are for. Maybe you should get one of those. :leer:

15 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I hear this is what boyfriends are for. Maybe you should get one of those. :leer:

That's like really on the bottom of the list of things I would want to do with a boyfriend right now. But yeah men are certainly great to cuddle too. 

Archived