TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

@Buckwheat @HelenaExMachina You have broken me... *puts California Christmastime on repeat*  

in other news, I can't walk. New shoes + 10k town walks = inch wide blisters 

more bitching

Spoiler

If I'm going to provide housekeeping services and clean up after other people, I will have to raise the rent... <_<

I'm actually not grumpy. This is a pretty okay weekend so far. I have some work to catch up on because I completely slacked off on Thursday, but then I'll watch stranger things and bake and if I can walk by tomorrow, I'll get some bedding for my bed that's finally arriving next week. Bye bye sleeping on a 10cm mattress *dances* and I also want to get prepare some prints to decorate with. 

19 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

@Buckwheat @HelenaExMachina You have broken me... *puts California Christmastime on repeat*  

in other news, I can't walk. New shoes + 10k town walks = inch wide blisters 

more bitching

Reveal hidden contents

If I'm going to provide housekeeping services and clean up after other people, I will have to raise the rent... <_<

I'm actually not grumpy. This is a pretty okay weekend so far. I have some work to catch up on because I completely slacked off on Thursday, but then I'll watch stranger things and bake and if I can walk by tomorrow, I'll get some bedding for my bed that's finally arriving next week. Bye bye sleeping on a 10cm mattress *dances* and I also want to get prepare some prints to decorate with. 

On episode 3. I love the show if only for the amazing details of growing up 80’s. Right down to the 3 musketeers wrappers, slow drip kitchen faucet and Halloween costumes. Makes me miss the way things were. 

On 27. 10. 2017 at 0:29 AM, RhaenysB said:

*suspicious glare* Since when do you use CexG gifs as expressions of emotions?

21 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

A-ha! I knew it!

@HelenaExMachina, our evil plan has worked. *rubs hands* Mwahahaha.

:commie:

On 27. 10. 2017 at 5:07 PM, Zar Lannister said:

HEY RHAENYS, L.O. AND BUCKY

GUESS WHAT I FOUND

WOOOHOOOOOO! :commie: Excellent.

On 28. 10. 2017 at 3:41 AM, Lady Olenna said:

Sorry for DP but is chat still around? Where’s Ab? 

No idea, but it is possible to summon @ab aeterno by saying Let It Go.

2 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

On episode 3. I love the show if only for the amazing details of growing up 80’s. Right down to the 3 musketeers wrappers, slow drip kitchen faucet and Halloween costumes. Makes me miss the way things were. 

Oh I'm really excited to watch it! I'll get there tonight :commie: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

*suspicious glare* Since when do you use CexG gifs as expressions of emotions?

A-ha! I knew it!

@HelenaExMachina, our evil plan has worked. *rubs hands* Mwahahaha.

:commie:

WOOOHOOOOOO! :commie: Excellent.

No idea, but it is possible to summon @ab aeterno by saying Let It Go.

Well don't get overexited, I certainly wouldn't say I'm a fan, I found those 4-5 songs that won't stop playing in my head and the gifs are just too expressive to pass on them. I guess it's a love to hate kind of relationship with the show for now. 

Just got up. Going to get some bedding, then coming home to bake something to go with a stranger things marathon. I finished all the work I had yesterday, the weather is grey and raining, I'm putting on an autumn playlist. Best Sunday in a while. :commie: 

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Well don't get overexited, I certainly wouldn't say I'm a fan, I found those 4-5 songs that won't stop playing in my head and the gifs are just too expressive to pass on them. I guess it's a love to hate kind of relationship with the show for now.

Yes. It is certainly a very ... expressive show.

Also, we need to talk about how cute this is. I keep watching Jane the Virgin, but I am not that obsessed about it. But this scene is both cute and made of awesome. I really like watching kids doing cool and funny stuff. Also, it is in line with our musical topic here, I guess.

No getting up early this week! :commie:

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes. It is certainly a very ... expressive show.

Also, we need to talk about how cute this is. I keep watching Jane the Virgin, but I am not that obsessed about it. But this scene is both cute and made of awesome. I really like watching kids doing cool and funny stuff. Also, it is in line with our musical topic here, I guess.

No getting up early this week! :commie:

Oh I need to catch up on Jane. 

I started Stranger things yesterday, watched 4 episodes. It is still pretty enjoyable, even though I did have a few minor problems with episode 1-2. 

Great to hear you don't have to get up early this week. I can't wait for the extra day off on Wednesday to have a mini weekend in the middle of the week. I need that. 

Stories from the weird dream department: The Confusing Cruise

I was going to a con with the usual board peoples who are at most big cons, but this one was on a cruise ship. Zar and I were roommates. I was getting ready for a party that was going to be in our room and Zar was in the shower when my sister(who has been dead for over 25 years) comes in. It’s weird because I had thought the ship was already underway.  I said to her “I thought you didn’t want to come.”  She said she changed her mind. I told her I already had a roommate. We look at the 2 large beds and she says we can share one the roommate have the other.  That is when my father walks in. (I swear, I generally lock doors when traveling). He wants to stay in the room too.  Says the same thing about me and Cheryl sharing one bed and him taking the other.

I explain (again) that I have a roommate already and they can’t stay, which is when Zar walks out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel. My father loses it, Zar makes a hasty retreat back to the bathroom (I think he just came out to grab something). “You can’t share a room with a guy…blah, blah, blah.” I explain we are just friends and that I have frequently shared rooms with guy friends and start listing them “Ben, Jay, Scott, Adam, (and more I don’t really know - ftr, Adam and Scott are the same person :lol: )”  More “blah, blah, blah” from dad. I get so mad that I do what I frequently did when I was a kid, and do what it was I was being accused of (a case of “doing time” (getting grounded) and then committing the crime as a get even since I was already punished).

I go into the bathroom and (how can I explain this…make a face like fish lips, only spread really wide, but with my teeth still together) press my face to his, and in the weird dream fashion, our mouths are flattened against each other and spread (like if you take a ball of playdough and flatten it-creepy, actually). Zar pulls back with a serious WTH face and I respond with “ehk” (that’s an “eh” and an “ick” combined. I’m not impugning Zar’s kissing ability, it was all me plus dream weirdness. I am sure he is actually a very nice kisser, it’s just not all friends can be kissing buddies ;) )

I get them to leave, just as everyone else is arriving for the party with lots of alcohol.  I’m telling the story of them to Fragile Bird and a bunch of others (who I know, but can’t name) and then everyone leaves because there is too much drama in my room. I find everyone partying in a lounge area.  We are supposed to go tubing, but nearly everyone is drunk and they don’t want to go because my sister is going. Now I don’t want to go either, but I’ve already paid for it, and I hate the idea of paying for it and not using it.

I wake up with this earworm  :lmao:

My sister is watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend too now, so I expect more links to songs in the future.

I've only watched the first episode of Stranger Things 2 and it wasn't that special, but I'm pumped for the rest. Part of the reason I couldn't really enjoy it fully was that I watched it in someone else's bed and, you know... :leer: 

One month until the end of my internship. Can't bloody wait.

Cool weird dream, Lany. :leer:

38 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

My sister is watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend too now, so I expect more links to songs in the future.

The important question is ... are you? :P

I've only watched the first episode of Stranger Things 2 and it wasn't that special, but I'm pumped for the rest. Part of the reason I couldn't really enjoy it fully was that I watched it in someone else's bed and, you know... :leer: 

Obviously. ;) Cannot watch stuff if you are distracted by wanting to cuddle. ;)

Excellent. :) You can do this.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Better than us linking them all of the time, you should watch it, then inevitably download the soundtrack to listen to on repeat while travelling about in public. I have had Strip Away My Conscience stuck in my head since I watched 3.02..

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

One episode into Netflix and chill... 

Imo: The first episode was meh, the second was bad, the third and the fourth were great.

Looking forward to watching more, but I just couldn't get to it today. 

Good luck, you can do it, the end is near! 

10 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Ugh, I hate packing so much.

Can’t you just use the force to lift stuff and float it into a box? Or enslave a little green friend who can move spaceships with his mind to do it for you? 

Hold on, it will be done soon and you’ll be in a nice new home. 

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Cool weird dream, Lany. :leer:

The important question is ... are you? :P

Obviously. ;) Cannot watch stuff if you are distracted by wanting to cuddle. ;)

Excellent. :) You can do this.

And not just cuddling :P

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Better than us linking them all of the time, you should watch it, then inevitably download the soundtrack to listen to on repeat while travelling about in public. I have had Strip Away My Conscience stuck in my head since I watched 3.02..

As I predicted, my sister just sent me 'Where's the Bathroom?' and it's like listening to my own mom.

16 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

One episode into Netflix and chill... 

Imo: The first episode was meh, the second was bad, the third and the fourth were great.

Looking forward to watching more, but I just couldn't get to it today. 

Good luck, you can do it, the end is near! 

Thanks :) It makes for some dreary days but I some things to look forward to now.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I have lamps! 

And I’m not sure how I feel about them. 

I have such conflicting feelings about this post...

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Can’t you just use the force to lift stuff and float it into a box? Or enslave a little green friend who can move spaceships with his mind to do it for you? 

Hold on, it will be done soon and you’ll be in a nice new home. 

I am using the force to put it in boxes, I just have so much stuff!!.

I seriously need to throw out or give a lot of clothes to charity, and shoes, I really need to trim the amount of them I have down.

Then I've got to tackle most of my music stuff still :(.

53 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

As I predicted, my sister just sent me 'Where's the Bathroom?' and it's like listening to my own mom.

Thanks :) It makes for some dreary days but I some things to look forward to now.

Ha, Where’s the bathroom isn’t even the best one ^_^ just watch the show already

18 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I liked that one too, recognized my mom a couple times throughout the song. 

I have conflicting feelings about it too. Not sure what I’m going to do with the living room lamps. 

17 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I am using the force to put it in boxes, I just have so much stuff!!.

I seriously need to throw out or give a lot of clothes to charity, and shoes, I really need to trim the amount of them I have down.

Then I've got to tackle most of my music stuff still :(.

Yeah that was certainly an upside of moving. I got rid of a lot of stuff I’ve been hoarding. 

Archived