TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

13 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Louboutins are on my to-buy list too. Kinda at its bottom, but definitely on. One day, one day. 

I did, I got pillows and a duvet, I just don’t have nice (or any) covers for them, because all the duvet covers I have are double sized, and the new bed and bedding is king size. So I’ll have to go and get some over the weekend. 

I built the nightstands and the lamps to go on top of them. Packed away the packaging,  did the guest room bed (I slept on that mattress until now) and did some packing in my room too, but the closet is till a nightmare because it’s full of  my duvet and pillow sets, old blankets I need back pack away, a basket of fresh laundry I need to iron and some other bag I’m not even sure about. And I won’t be home for most of the weekend so that’s going to be fun. Oh well. 

And I have a decorating dilemma which I’m going to share with you all once the room looks presentable enough to enclose pictures. 

Yeah you’ve got to have them at some point!.

Ugh, definatley go out and get some nice covers this weekend, there’s nothing worse than a duvet without a cover, it feels scratchy and weird.

I’m glad the nightstands are done too!.

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Are your feet swelling at all with the pregnancy? And yes I am not surprised your fiancé is jealous :P One shoe to rule them all.

I have a few nice pairs which were not hugely expensive. Money has never been comfortable enough in my household that I can justify spending large amounts unless I know I will get the use out of them. So I only really fork out a lot for shoes if I know I can wear them for interviews or work or something too. 

(Not that I begrudge people who do spend money on louboutins and suchlike. If I had the money I would :P)

Yeah they’ve swollen a little but arnt too bad at the moment, I’ve been wearing trainers a lot now as they’re comfy.

Some of my shoes are expensive but a lot arnt, you can get some really stylish,nice ones without having to spend lots on them.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Depends on what you consider often. When it is raining/snowing and I am not wearing good enough shoes. I think it is a sensible demand to have of one's shoes - after all, their purpose is to protect the feet from the outside world.

(Not that I demand that of every shoes, obviously - I am perfectly aware that converse or summer ballet flats are not going to keep water out and I won't wear them when it is pouring outside. But autumn shoes, well, one needs to have something waterproof.)

Do you doubt my witchpowers? ;)

Oh, you have more than one night stand? :leer:

It’s certainly sensible, I just don’t think about it that much. I just assume that a pair of closed boots (no cut-outs and all those funny details) keep water out. And 99% of the time they do. I had only two pairs of shoes that ever soaked through. Zara boots last year which I bought because they were cheap and aligned with the dress code at my previous job (no surprise they failed at functionality), and some boots, maybe Lacoste or hilfiger, I’m not sure, when I was like 15ish. Both were suede. Or, the Zara one pretended to be. So that’s the only material I’m careful with. 

Oh no, please show me those powers.

my mom asked that too. Because it’s a waste of money and I don’t “need” two. But pray tell me, how does a bed looo with ONE nightstand and what do I do when I need two? Buy two new ones, I suppose because there’s a 90% chance the one I bought now won’t be available in a couple months as new designs hit the shop. 

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Yeah you’ve got to have them at some point!.

Ugh, definatley go out and get some nice covers this weekend, there’s nothing worse than a duvet without a cover, it feels scratchy and weird.

I’m glad the nightstands are done too!.

We will have the precious at some point. I just have a lot of other stuff to get now and in the next couple months, and no cheat codes to make money like in The Sims. 

That’s the plan, I’m just not sure where I should look. I’ll probaly hit up Zara home because they have so pretty stuff and it’s not crazy expensive either and  I’m generally obsessed with Zara anyway. And it’s the only proper high street store with a relevant home section too. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

It’s certainly sensible, I just don’t think about it that much. I just assume that a pair of closed boots (no cut-outs and all those funny details) keep water out. And 99% of the time they do. I had only two pairs of shoes that ever soaked through. Zara boots last year which I bought because they were cheap and aligned with the dress code at my previous job (no surprise they failed at functionality), and some boots, maybe Lacoste or hilfiger, I’m not sure, when I was like 15ish. Both were suede. Or, the Zara one pretended to be. So that’s the only material I’m careful with. 

Oh no, please show me those powers.

my mom asked that too. Because it’s a waste of money and I don’t “need” two. But pray tell me, how does a bed looo with ONE nightstand and what do I do when I need two? Buy two new ones, I suppose because there’s a 90% chance the one I bought now won’t be available in a couple months as new designs hit the shop. 

We will have the precious at some point. I just have a lot of other stuff to get now and in the next couple months, and no cheat codes to make money like in The Sims. 

That’s the plan, I’m just not sure where I should look. I’ll probaly hit up Zara home because they have so pretty stuff and it’s not crazy expensive either and  I’m generally obsessed with Zara anyway. And it’s the only proper high street store with a relevant home section too. 

Zara’s stuff is usually pretty good here, they do some good clothes too.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

You are lucky with your shoe experience. ;)

I ... would agree with your mother here. One needs one night stand.

But then I also would not set the bed that way to be free on both sides. I like to sleep parallel to the wall, laying without a wall on one side makes me feel way too exposed. This kind of set up would not allow for two night stands anyway.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

But then I also would not set the bed that way to be free on both sides. I like to sleep parallel to the wall, laying without a wall on one side makes me feel way too exposed. This kind of set up would not allow for two night stands anyway.

You’ve got to have two nightstands it just ruins the aesthetics of the room otherwise, plus some people have a person occupying each side of the bed :P.

On 29/10/2017 at 9:10 AM, Buckwheat said:

*suspicious glare* Since when do you use CexG gifs as expressions of emotions?

A-ha! I knew it!

@HelenaExMachina, our evil plan has worked. *rubs hands* Mwahahaha.

:commie:

WOOOHOOOOOO! :commie: Excellent.

No idea, but it is possible to summon @ab aeterno by saying Let It Go.

As requested.

Also chat is here now, @Lady Olenna

We have most of the active gang from there. Leap, Sidious, KEG and the other Ironborn, Walrus, occasionally Eyron and FOMN, etc. 

On ‎2‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 11:28 PM, Lord Sidious said:

January!, not long now, I’m very excited and slightly scared too.

Awww that sucks for you :(, well actually I guess technically it doesn’t atnthe moment :P, it’s only a week and a bit to go though you’ll be ok.

Ooh, Darth Junior and I might share a birthday then :P 

It's not very dramatic, especially since he told me that dating guys is very new to him and he wants to take it slow.

On ‎3‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 0:22 PM, Buckwheat said:

Remind me, do you live in a shared student flat now or still with your parents? Is it uncomfortable for you to have guests over? :P

With my parents, and the walls here are very thin :P So I've never head a guest in that particular sense over.

31 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

As requested.

We have most of the active gang from there. Leap, Sidious, KEG and the other Ironborn, Walrus, occasionally Eyron and FOMN, etc. 

Moana is better ;) 

That reminds me, I should really drop in more often.

21 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Zara’s stuff is usually pretty good here, they do some good clothes too.

Yeah, It’s usually the number one store I hit up when shopping. I don’t like their dresses, but almost everything else is nice nice enough. Shoes can be a hit or miss when it comes to quality. 

20 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

As far as getting wet feet goes, yeah. But I  do struggle a lot finding a pair Iike. They are either ugly or the sizing is totally off.

But... did you read the part about how it looks and how one can’t buy the same design a year later? :o 

How can you possible set up a not-single bed against the wall? I mean I would have to roll one and a half meters to reach the bedside lamp if I’m sleeping on wall side of the bed. 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

You’ve got to have two nightstands it just ruins the aesthetics of the room otherwise, plus some people have a person occupying each side of the bed :P.

YES. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Ooh, Darth Junior and I might share a birthday then :P 

It's not very dramatic, especially since he told me that dating guys is very new to him and he wants to take it slow.

Possibly yes, it’s seems like Sith like being born in winter months :P.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, It’s usually the number one store I hit up when shopping. I don’t like their dresses, but almost everything else is nice nice enough. Shoes can be a hit or miss when it comes to quality. 

As far as getting wet feet goes, yeah. But I  do struggle a lot finding a pair Iike. They are either ugly or the sizing is totally off.

But... did you read the part about how it looks and how one can’t buy the same design a year later? :o 

How can you possible set up a not-single bed against the wall? I mean I would have to roll one and a half meters to reach the bedside lamp if I’m sleeping on wall side of the bed. 

YES. Thank you. 

I quite like their coats, some of their dresses are nice but I agree some arnt that good.

Got to have the aesthetics of the room right :D.

28 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

If you don't have two it's a One Night Stand.

Ok, I admit that was pretty funny, better than your usual fare +1 :P.

You are lucky to have one. ;) I will think of that problem when I have somebody to do that.

3 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Welcome back!

Eyron! I was wondering where she was and what she was up to and why she has not come say hello for such a long time! :)

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

With my parents, and the walls here are very thin :P So I've never head a guest in that particular sense over.

I see. :P

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Moana is better ;)

No. <_<

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes, I did. ;) And honestly, only having one night stand for one person still makes the most sense to me. Yes, somewhere in the future, a person might move in with you to sleep on the other side of the bed at some point in the future, but then they might want to move to a completely new flat to start a new life with you. Or they might move in with you, but dislike the furniture and the style of nightstands you have chosen and you would have to agree to replace them anyway. So, as long as I am alone, I would not buy two of furnishing pieces just because somebody might move in to occupy the other one at some indefinite time. Also, I do not think it would look bad or even completely ruin the look of a room. It would be a bit asymmetrical, but ... so what. It is not like rooms are completely symmetrical as a whole. Sure, I like rooms to look nice and I like nice furniture, but I think that is a really minor thing.

IDK, the supernatural entity has one. ;) And I usually sleep by the wall there as well.

I would in that case give up on the notion of night stands and put the lamp on a small shelf by the head of the bed. I have something like that in my room now - I do have a nightstand, but it is lower than the bed itself, and it stands by a big box thing that is a bit higher than the bed and I use it as a shelf. I move the lamp on there when I read. I also keep books, pillows, alarm clock and all kinds of other small things on there. Only a night stand would not suffice. :P Plus, I like that it is higher and I can reach things comfortably from the bed.

I will think of what to do with another person when there actually is that kind of a dilemma ... as I said, I really feel uncomfortable sleeping across the room and not alongside the wall. Too vulnerable and exposed, night monsters can attack me from both sides. :leaving:

I sleep in a single bed. Pushed up against the wall so I feel like someone has my back. Sometimes when I’m lonely I reach out and touch the wall to reassure myself. I have only one nightstand too, with a lamp on it, and where I put my phone to charge (my alarm clock is my phone so it’s handy to have it close). Ocassionally there’s is a book kept there too, depending if I am reading an ebook at the time or not. I also keep my phone handy so I can play music as I go to sleep because otherwise my mind goes into overdrive.

I do not like sleeping in a double or larger bed, or in a large room. The open space to either side of me makes me feel vulnerable and exposed. Sleeping in a hotel room if I have to travel anywhere and stop overnight is always a horrid experience because usually there is a double bed with space to either side, placed more or less centrally along the wall. Nightmare.

This probably feels like I shared too much but :dunno: as if I haven’t already shared far too much with you all in the past.

Eh, we all overshare here. ;)

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I sleep in a single bed. Pushed up against the wall so I feel like someone has my back. Sometimes when I’m lonely I reach out and touch the wall to reassure myself. I have only one nightstand too, with a lamp on it, and where I put my phone to charge (my alarm clock is my phone so it’s handy to have it close). Ocassionally there’s is a book kept there too, depending if I am reading an ebook at the time or not. I also keep my phone handy so I can play music as I go to sleep because otherwise my mind goes into overdrive.

I do not like sleeping in a double or larger bed, or in a large room. The open space to either side of me makes me feel vulnerable and exposed. Sleeping in a hotel room if I have to travel anywhere and stop overnight is always a horrid experience because usually there is a double bed with space to either side, placed more or less centrally along the wall. Nightmare.

All of this, really.

Also, there is not a more comfortable position to read than to be squeezed in a triangle between the headboard/the wall on the headside/a stack of pillows and the wall on the side.

16 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Possibly yes, it’s seems like Sith like being born in winter months :P.

I quite like their coats, some of their dresses are nice but I agree some arnt that good.

Got to have the aesthetics of the room right :D.

Ok, I admit that was pretty funny, better than your usual fare +1 :P.

Yeah, I really love their coats too. 

:cheers: absolutely 

16 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

If you don't have two it's a One Night Stand.

:rofl: 

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, I did. ;) And honestly, only having one night stand for one person still makes the most sense to me. Yes, somewhere in the future, a person might move in with you to sleep on the other side of the bed at some point in the future, but then they might want to move to a completely new flat to start a new life with you. Or they might move in with you, but dislike the furniture and the style of nightstands you have chosen and you would have to agree to replace them anyway. So, as long as I am alone, I would not buy two of furnishing pieces just because somebody might move in to occupy the other one at some indefinite time. Also, I do not think it would look bad or even completely ruin the look of a room. It would be a bit asymmetrical, but ... so what. It is not like rooms are completely symmetrical as a whole. Sure, I like rooms to look nice and I like nice furniture, but I think that is a really minor thing.

IDK, the supernatural entity has one. ;) And I usually sleep by the wall there as well.

I would in that case give up on the notion of night stands and put the lamp on a small shelf by the head of the bed. I have something like that in my room now - I do have a nightstand, but it is lower than the bed itself, and it stands by a big box thing that is a bit higher than the bed and I use it as a shelf. I move the lamp on there when I read. I also keep books, pillows, alarm clock and all kinds of other small things on there. Only a night stand would not suffice. :P Plus, I like that it is higher and I can reach things comfortably from the bed.

I will think of what to do with another person when there actually is that kind of a dilemma ... as I said, I really feel uncomfortable sleeping across the room and not alongside the wall. Too vulnerable and exposed, night monsters can attack me from both sides. :leaving:

That’s so weird, how people feel differently about this, like one nightstand was something that never even crossed my mind. I was going to get either two or none. I have a single bed by the wall in my room at my parents house, and I never  had a nightstand to go with it.  What I used as a nightstand was a random mattress that was stood between my bed and the wall (because I have to have something soft there, the wall is cold and hard) and I used to put tissues or books on top of that. It’s covered with the same bedspread as my bed so it kinda gives the impression of a sofa. Then in my old flat I had an actual pull out sofa for a bed, which again was next to the wall, which again, I didn’t like so I had the huge back cushions there and slept in the middle-ish.  I didn’t have a nightstand there either, there was a tall chest of drawers next to the bed which I used to put books and tea and stuff on but I always had to push myself up to actually reach anything. So when I moved here, I was going to get an actual bed with actual nightstands for the first time. 

And to me nightstands just come in two. Primarily because that’s what looks best with an actual double bed, secondarily, because this year kinda marked the beginning of my actual “adulthood” anyway, and I kinda wanted an actual grownup bedroom to go with that. And yes, I do still think it’s functional to have two nightstands, because it’s not like one is just standing there emptily, it’s great storage space. And even though I’m not anywhere near having a live-in occupant of the other side of the bed, an occasional occupant also justifies the functionality of a second nightstand, but this is really on the bottom of the list of reasons why I got two. 

CExG

Spoiler

Well this season is taking a dark turn, isn’t it? I do kinda feel sorry-ish for Rebecca, but my god she is awful

It was awful to watch her say those horrible things to her friends even if they were true-ish. I did think from day 1 that Paula is a shitty parent and she was right about heather and Darryl too. Valencia didn’t actually force her wedding on her though, she saved her from a breakdown by whipping out a ready-to-use wedding plan and it’s not like anybody wanted to marry Rebecca either. So that one was just mean without being particularly true. 

I kinda miss Valencia, she is a great character with little and less screentime. And Nathaniel is one of the most enjoyable characters at this point. Along with mrs chan. 

Now I kinda want Naomi to get on a plane and just hug Rebecca and let her cry until she comes to her senses. 

I made baked apples and roasted  chestnuts last night. It turns out I don’t like roasted chestnut. But the apples were awesome. I’ll make jacket potatoes next. I’m not sure why I’m confident and excited to bake things while I’m terrified of cooking. I guess I messed up cooking too many times and baking usually turns out fine. 

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You are lucky to have one. ;) I will think of that problem when I have somebody to do that.

You can borrow her for a while if you want, she’s being crazy overprotective of me at the moment.

Also I’ve never been too worried about night monsters, I think they’re scared of me :D.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That’s so weird, how people feel differently about this, like one nightstand was something that never even crossed my mind. I was going to get either two or none. I have a single bed by the wall in my room at my parents house, and I never  had a nightstand to go with it.  What I used as a nightstand was a random mattress that was stood between my bed and the wall (because I have to have something soft there, the wall is cold and hard) and I used to put tissues or books on top of that. It’s covered with the same bedspread as my bed so it kinda gives the impression of a sofa. Then in my old flat I had an actual pull out sofa for a bed, which again was next to the wall, which again, I didn’t like so I had the huge back cushions there and slept in the middle-ish.  I didn’t have a nightstand there either, there was a tall chest of drawers next to the bed which I used to put books and tea and stuff on but I always had to push myself up to actually reach anything. So when I moved here, I was going to get an actual bed with actual nightstands for the first time. 

And to me nightstands just come in two. Primarily because that’s what looks best with an actual double bed, secondarily, because this year kinda marked the beginning of my actual “adulthood” anyway, and I kinda wanted an actual grownup bedroom to go with that. And yes, I do still think it’s functional to have two nightstands, because it’s not like one is just standing there emptily, it’s great storage space. And even though I’m not anywhere near having a live-in occupant of the other side of the bed, an occasional occupant also justifies the functionality of a second nightstand, but this is really on the bottom of the list of reasons why I got two.

I think that even with a single bed, you need a nightstand, or something that serves as one. At least to put books and a lamp on it. I would count a chest of drawers beside the bed as one too in that case. This was someting similar as I had in Vienna.

I am lucky to have a wooden board between me and the wall. I like to lean on the wall or lie tightly against it, and as you say, the bare wall would be cold. In Vienna, I had a bunch of flat pillows that I put between the wall and me, so it was similar to your set-up.

CExG

Reveal hidden contents

Well this season is taking a dark turn, isn’t it? I do kinda feel sorry-ish for Rebecca, but my god she is awful

It was awful to watch her say those horrible things to her friends even if they were true-ish. I did think from day 1 that Paula is a shitty parent and she was right about heather and Darryl too. Valencia didn’t actually force her wedding on her though, she saved her from a breakdown by whipping out a ready-to-use wedding plan and it’s not like anybody wanted to marry Rebecca either. So that one was just mean without being particularly true. 

I kinda miss Valencia, she is a great character with little and less screentime. And Nathaniel is one of the most enjoyable characters at this point. Along with mrs chan. 

Now I kinda want Naomi to get on a plane and just hug Rebecca and let her cry until she comes to her senses. 

Very similar things are being discussed up in Entertainment, you can join if you wish. :)

Spoiler

Yes, it is dark and horrible and sad and Rebecca is all of these things herself.

I think the problem with Valencia is that since she broke up with Josh, she has not had much of a storyline of her own and has not been developed further, so they really cannot find something for Rebecca to say to her to hurt her because there is not much to her other than "now she is their friend". You are right that Valencia more saved Rebecca's wedding plan than pushed her own onto her. (I still think it is weird that Valencia had a whole plan for a wedding ready just like that, but ok.) I think that Valencia was the least hurt of all the people there precisely because hers was the insult that was most made up of thin air. Other things were mostly true and therefore hurt that much more. I think the screenwriters should decide if they want to include Valencia into the storylines more or just write her out. Maybe she is going to help Heather sort herself out. Or we should at least get to know how her wedding planning business is doing, or if she is still teaching yoga too.

The preview for the next week shows Rebecca at Naomi's house and Audra Levine too.

I made baked apples and roasted  chestnuts last night. It turns out I don’t like roasted chestnut. But the apples were awesome. I’ll make jacket potatoes next. I’m not sure why I’m confident and excited to bake things while I’m terrified of cooking. I guess I messed up cooking too many times and baking usually turns out fine.

I made this rice and apple caserole dish, not sure how it is called in English, but it is delicious.

You can borrow her for a while if you want, she’s being crazy overprotective of me at the moment.

Also I’ve never been too worried about night monsters, I think they’re scared of me :D.

Naaaah, I do not believe she would be happy here. :P

Well, these are the downsides of being a Rawenclaw and a Jedi. Nobody, not even the night monsters are scared of you. ;)

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I think that even with a single bed, you need a nightstand, or something that serves as one. At least to put books and a lamp on it. I would count a chest of drawers beside the bed as one too in that case. This was someting similar as I had in Vienna.

I am lucky to have a wooden board between me and the wall. I like to lean on the wall or lie tightly against it, and as you say, the bare wall would be cold. In Vienna, I had a bunch of flat pillows that I put between the wall and me, so it was similar to your set-up.

Very similar things are being discussed up in Entertainment, you can join if you wish. :)

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, it is dark and horrible and sad and Rebecca is all of these things herself.

I think the problem with Valencia is that since she broke up with Josh, she has not had much of a storyline of her own and has not been developed further, so they really cannot find something for Rebecca to say to her to hurt her because there is not much to her other than "now she is their friend". You are right that Valencia more saved Rebecca's wedding plan than pushed her own onto her. (I still think it is weird that Valencia had a whole plan for a wedding ready just like that, but ok.) I think that Valencia was the least hurt of all the people there precisely because hers was the insult that was most made up of thin air. Other things were mostly true and therefore hurt that much more. I think the screenwriters should decide if they want to include Valencia into the storylines more or just write her out. Maybe she is going to help Heather sort herself out. Or we should at least get to know how her wedding planning business is doing, or if she is still teaching yoga too.

The preview for the next week shows Rebecca at Naomi's house and Audra Levine too.

I made this rice and apple caserole dish, not sure how it is called in English, but it is delicious.

Naaaah, I do not believe she would be happy here. :P

Well, these are the downsides of being a Rawenclaw and a Jedi. Nobody, not even the night monsters are scared of you. ;)

Are you sure?, apparently I can't even carry a bag of shopping these days :/.

Being a Sith you get to give the night monsters orders.

Archived