TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

27 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Crazy Ex craze, I like that term. 

You are a very nice broom indeed. 

What a selfless notion of them :D I remember Ford created weekends so he could poach his competitors’ workers and have more Human Resources to raise prouctivity. These car manufacturers were some creative and cunning dudes. 

:bawl: I want to watch movies and sleep. But I have to write a tender :crying: 

*curtsies*

*remembers that brooms have no knees and cannot curtsey*

Why thank you, my lady. ;)

Indeed they were.

And I have no clue what a tender is. I just have to do some printing out and glueing thing today still.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

*curtsies*

*remembers that brooms have no knees and cannot curtsey*

Why thank you, my lady. ;)

Indeed they were.

And I have no clue what a tender is. I just have to do some printing out and glueing thing today still.

Brooms can fly though *Aaaahahahahaaaaa* it’s a shame Halloween is over. 

(No it’s not, it’s almost Christmas) 

it’s a document that tries to convince the company who requested it to choose your product/service for the problem they have over your competitors’. It consists of an outline of the program you would carry out, some shameless self advertising, prices, references, stuff... 

you glue a lot of stuff. Why do you need so much gluing for a class? :o 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Brooms can fly though *Aaaahahahahaaaaa* it’s a shame Halloween is over. 

Mwahahaha. You have fallen victim to the craze too.

Maybe now is the moment to ask @The BlackBear and @First of My Name how they like the show. :P

(No it’s not, it’s almost Christmas)

It is not. It is the 16th of November. Still more than a month until Christmas.

it’s a document that tries to convince the company who requested it to choose your product/service for the problem they have over your competitors’. It consists of an outline of the program you would carry out, some shameless self advertising, prices, references, stuff... 

It ... sounds boring to me. I hope it is less boring for you than it sounds like to me. Or that at the very least you can finish it easily and quickly.

you glue a lot of stuff. Why do you need so much gluing for a class? :o 

Because teaching kids takes a lot of materials.

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Mwahahaha. You have fallen victim to the craze too.

Maybe now is the moment to ask @The BlackBear and @First of My Name how they like the show. :P

It ... sounds boring to me. I hope it is less boring for you than it sounds like to me. Or that at the very least you can finish it easily and quickly.

Because teaching kids takes a lot of materials.

I actually don’t really like that song, but it fit there perfectly. There’s still only a handful I like. 

I mean that really depends on your point of view. The Christmas market opened last weekend. I’m not particularly in a Christmas mood yet, but I hope that changes over the next two weeks. 

Oh it is boring. Really boring because no creative thought goes into these projects until the bid is won. These are all the same bullshit with just enough alteration and personalization to each so that they take hours to prepare. 

Okay, makes sense. 

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

She is coming back, no worries. :P Maybe after the Crazy Ex craze is over.

I really like being a broom on a stand for the time being, though. :smug:

That too. But I think the reasoning of one car manufacturer - Benz or Ford or whichever it was - was also that his workers could buy the products they made and make profit for the companies.

We have enough cold here, I can send you some.

Or maybe not, a friend just said we should go ice-skating soon, and for that it has to be cold.

Sorry about the brother thing. What is bad about the situation?

I think it was Ford

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I actually don’t really like that song, but it fit there perfectly. There’s still only a handful I like.

I like it, I think it shows the moment of self-realisation well. Also, all the meta stuff, obviously.

There are only a handful I dislike: Sexy Getting Ready, Maybe this Dream for example.

Which ones are the ones you like?

I mean that really depends on your point of view. The Christmas market opened last weekend. I’m not particularly in a Christmas mood yet, but I hope that changes over the next two weeks. 

Luckily, the market has not opened here yet. Some shops are putting up decorations already, though.

Oh it is boring. Really boring because no creative thought goes into these projects until the bid is won. These are all the same bullshit with just enough alteration and personalization to each so that they take hours to prepare.

Sorry to hear that. :/ But at least you get paid for it, right? You can concentrate on that. ;)

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think it was Ford

Thanks. :)

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I like it, I think it shows the moment of self-realisation well. Also, all the meta stuff, obviously.

There are only a handful I dislike: Sexy Getting Ready, Maybe this Dream for example.

Luckily, the market has not opened here yet. Some shops are putting up decorations already, though.

Sorry to hear that. :/ But at least you get paid for it, right? You can concentrate on that. ;)

Thanks. :)

I like Friendtopia, I’m a Good Person, Let’s Generalize About Men, Remember That We Suffered and California Christmas. And Heinous Bitch is growing on me too. 

Oh I can’t wait to go to market here. And I can’t wait to see Justice League. There’s a Facebook Messenger sticker pack. I can send sticker-Jasons  :wub: (#notthirteenyearoldschoolgirlishatall)

No, it’s okay, I get to do plenty of stimulating and creative stuff with these projects, but you know, there are boring parts in everything. And yeah, for every last billable minute :devil:(#notgreedyormaterialisticatall) 

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

A month is scarcely time enough to plan and shop for a major event like Christmas.

Well, it will be a major event for me this year.  My daughter is coming! with her husband and my two grandsons.  We have to get the spare bed from the basement, clean up the spare room (that has all my craft stuff in it) and set up the extra bed.  I had to buy an extra queen size blanket (arrived yesterday) for the sofa bed since we didn't have any extras that size (seems we have only had summer guests, or single guests who slept without pulling it out, so could use the twin size blankets)

Then  there is all the cleaning to do, and all the decorating (I always do the major quarterly cleaning as I put up the decorations, since I'm clearing and rearranging everything anyway)

Planning a weeks worth of meals for 7 people, when normally it is 2 people for 5/7 days, and 2 of the people are little ones and somewhat picky eaters

And activities to keep them from being bored

And then there is the actual Christmas presents shopping

All at a time when work will be pretty busy and right now I can't drive in the dark, so no leaving the house after 5 pm (this should be fixed this week when I get my new glasses---I broke my driving glasses and only have driving sunglasses)

I will never again make fun of people for starting Christmas stuff right after Halloween  :P 

ok, you all know I LOVE every bit of this.  It's not a complaint at all, just an acknowledgment that a month is a short time.

(in fact, I went off on my husband yesterday about Thanksgiving and how much I hate it because it is always just the 3 of us...so it's nothing more than a big meal that is twice as much work for me, and I don't even get the reward of company!)

Anyway, good morning my Lovelies :kiss: I hope everyone has a glorious day! Even though I overslept (again!) it wasn't enough to make me late and I am wearing a beautiful black and white scarf with Hawaiian flowers on it sent to me from Jamie is Cercei (Runs with Scissors), the sun is shining and I am felling happy!

Lany, hats off to you - I would never be able to get all of that organized and put together! But it sounds fun and so glad you get to see your daughter and the wee ones :) 

In other news, I had my first day yesterday of little to no morning sickness( in 10 weeks mind you!) I overshot myself this morning and thought I might indulge in a cup of tea. Oh what a mistake that was. 

Happy almost Friday folks! 

49 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

A month is scarcely time enough to plan and shop for a major event like Christmas.

Well, it will be a major event for me this year.  My daughter is coming! with her husband and my two grandsons.  We have to get the spare bed from the basement, clean up the spare room (that has all my craft stuff in it) and set up the extra bed.  I had to buy an extra queen size blanket (arrived yesterday) for the sofa bed since we didn't have any extras that size (seems we have only had summer guests, or single guests who slept without pulling it out, so could use the twin size blankets)

Then  there is all the cleaning to do, and all the decorating (I always do the major quarterly cleaning as I put up the decorations, since I'm clearing and rearranging everything anyway)

Planning a weeks worth of meals for 7 people, when normally it is 2 people for 5/7 days, and 2 of the people are little ones and somewhat picky eaters

All at a time when work will be pretty busy and right now I can't drive in the dark, so no leaving the house after 5 pm (this should be fixed this week when I get my new glasses---I broke my driving glasses and only have driving sunglasses)

I will never again make fun of people for starting Christmas stuff right after Halloween  :P 

ok, you all know I LOVE every bit of this.  It's not a complaint at all, just an acknowledgment that a month is a short time.

(in fact, I went off on my husband yesterday about Thanksgiving and how much I hate it because it is always just the 3 of us...so it's nothing more than a big meal that is twice as much work for me, and I don't even get the reward of company!)

Anyway, good morning my Lovelies :kiss: I hope everyone has a glorious day! Even though I overslept (again!) it wasn't enough to make me late and I am wearing a beautiful black and white scarf with Hawaiian flowers on it sent to me from Jamie is Cercei (Runs with Scissors), the sun is shining and I am felling happy!

That Sounds like a lot of work AND a super amazing Christmas, so I’m sure it’ll be worth it.  Glad to here you will have a family reunion with your daughter and her family. I’m getting the impression that you don’t see each other very often, if so it must be extra nice to get to see her a Christmas. 

And if you ever open an global cooking course, do let me know so I can sign up! :commie: 

also glad to hear you are feeling happy! I overslept too but it was fine because the person who came to view my flat was also late. 

Oh, btw, I found the perfect tenant which is great news, my little flat will be in good hands and I’ll have money for Christmas, yay. 

8 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Lany, hats off to you - I would never be able to get all of that organized and put together! But it sounds fun and so glad you get to see your daughter and the wee ones :) 

In other news, I had my first day yesterday of little to no morning sickness( in 10 weeks mind you!) I overshot myself this morning and thought I might indulge in a cup of tea. Oh what a mistake that was. 

I feel like there’s a missing piece of information for me here. Why do you have morning sickness?

Anyway, I’m really glad you had a morning sickness free morning :) how are you doing? What’s new with LittleO?  

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I like Friendtopia, I’m a Good Person, Let’s Generalize About Men, Remember That We Suffered and California Christmas. And Heinous Bitch is growing on me too. 

WTF are you crazy people talking about?.

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

SSSSQQQQQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE baby!.

Friendtopia is "meh" leaning into dislike to me. All the other ones you mentioned, I like. :D I think I'm a Good Person (That mike cost 300 dollars!) and Let's Generalize about Men are brilliant.

No, it’s okay, I get to do plenty of stimulating and creative stuff with these projects, but you know, there are boring parts in everything. And yeah, for every last billable minute :devil:(#notgreedyormaterialisticatall)

Okay, good, as long as you do not absolutely hate every part about it.

And it is not greedy and materialistic to want to be paid for every hour you work. ;) I mean, I wish I were, but I am not really.

6 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Depends on what you make of Christmas. ;) I hate thinking of it that early because it just reminds me that the year is ending and reminds me of everything I have not achieved in that year.

When have you last seen them?

Anyway, just make sure other members of the household do their fair share of the work - we do not want you to overwork yourself over the holidays and not being able to enjoy yourself due to stress then! ;)

5 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Wait wait wait, is that ... ?

Spoiler

An announcement of an even littler O? :o Congratulations! ;)

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

WTF are you crazy people talking about?.

Well, let me put it that way:

She was working hard at a New York job, making dough, but it made her blue. One day she was crying a lot, so she decided to move to West Covina, California, brand new pals and new career.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Friendtopia is "meh" leaning into dislike to me. All the other ones you mentioned, I like. :D I think I'm a Good Person (That mike cost 300 dollars!) and Let's Generalize about Men are brilliant.

And it is not greedy and materialistic to want to be paid for every hour you work. ;) I mean, I wish I were, but I am not really.

Depends on what you make of Christmas. ;) I hate thinking of it that early because it just reminds me that the year is ending and reminds me of everything I have not achieved in that year.

When have you last seen them?

Anyway, just make sure other members of the household do their fair share of the work - we do not want you to overwork yourself over the holidays and not being able to enjoy yourself due to stress then! ;)

Wait wait wait, is that ... ?

Hide contents

She was working hard at a New York job, making dough, but it made her blue. One day she was crying a lot, so she decided to move to West Covina, California, brand new pals and new career.

Or, here is a succinct summary

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I love the spice girls vibe. Let’s Generalize About Men was the first song that bought me. 

No, I really like it. The first job I like, actually. Even the boring parts are okay because they make sense. 

You will be, I did two projects over the summer and early autumn I wasn’t paid for before we agreed to actually sign a contract so I can start billing.

I’m so sleepy. 

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Or, here is a succinct summary

That one is pretty spoilery, though. :P But yes.

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I love the spice girls vibe. Let’s Generalize About Men was the first song that bought me. 

No, I really like it. The first job I like, actually. Even the boring parts are okay because they make sense. 

You will be, I did two projects over the summer and early autumn I wasn’t paid for before we agreed to actually sign a contract so I can start billing.

I’m so sleepy. 

Let's Generalize About Men is very funny indeed.

Very good. :)

Well, the parts I am not paid for are the preparation of lessons part. And I don't think anybody is paid for that in this system. Only people in public schools are.

I am sleepy too.

10 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That Sounds like a lot of work AND a super amazing Christmas, so I’m sure it’ll be worth it.  Glad to here you will have a family reunion with your daughter and her family. I’m getting the impression that you don’t see each other very often, if so it must be extra nice to get to see her a Christmas. 

And if you ever open an global cooking course, do let me know so I can sign up! :commie: 

also glad to hear you are feeling happy! I overslept too but it was fine because the person who came to view my flat was also late. 

Oh, btw, I found the perfect tenant which is great news, my little flat will be in good hands and I’ll have money for Christmas, yay. 

I feel like there’s a missing piece of information for me here. Why do you have morning sickness?

Anyway, I’m really glad you had a morning sickness free morning :) how are you doing? What’s new with LittleO?  

Did I not mention this before? I thought I did? I’ve been forgetting lots of stuff lately so maybe I didn’t  

Indeed, there is a new Tyrell on the way :) I’m not very far along yet but estimated due date is in June. This little bean is not like the other. I’ve been riddled with morning (all day really) sickness from day one. So I have been watching a ridiculous amount of Netflix when not rushing to the loo. I think I will be put off of tea for the rest of my life perhaps, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Did I not mention this before? I thought I did? I’ve been forgetting lots of stuff lately so maybe I didn’t  

Indeed, there is a new Tyrell on the way :) I’m not very far along yet but estimated due date is in June. This little bean is not like the other. I’ve been riddled with morning (all day really) sickness from day one. So I have been watching a ridiculous amount of Netflix when not rushing to the loo. I think I will be put off of tea for the rest of my life perhaps, lol. 

:o

O!

Congratualtions! I’m very happy for you :):grouphug: Obviously the morning sickness sucks but :grouphug::) Squee! Happy days!

the Dragon and the Rose shall rule this thread

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

O!

Congratualtions! I’m very happy for you :):grouphug: Obviously the morning sickness sucks but :grouphug::) Squee! Happy days!

Thank you !  We are very excited but nervous, I’m in that over 35 higher risk group. 

There must be something in the water here in spamland. 

7 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Woooooooooooow!!!!!

congrats congrats congrats!!!!! :commie::grouphug: so so so happy for you! I’m sure little O is going to be an awesome big brother.  Awww, so many tttne babies! 

Hope the morning and all-day sickness will wear off soon and you can enjoy expecting the new baby! Aw, so much feels! :grouphug: 

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Reveal hidden contents

You’re still not making any sense :P.

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

:grouphug: I had horrible morning sickness until a couple of weeks into my second trimester so I really feel for you, it’s horrible, I hope it passes soon :), and also again YAY baby!.

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

O!

TTTNE is a really bad place to be a lion at the moment.....

Archived