TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

Okay, I’m done with this weekend. 

I’ll stop fighting and just let the possibility of an actually enjoyable and nice birthday weekend go. 

I’ll just go ahead and open my laptop and do some of the crapton of work tasks I have on tomorrow’s to-do list, because I sure as hell won’t stay after 5pm at the office. I deserve that much. 

53 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Thank you guys :) 

And well, I went to bed at 9 and watched tv shows. As it turns out, I haven’t even missed a thing, both Jane and Crazy Ex Girlfriend stopped after episode 6. I truly don’t get scheduling anymore. 

Crazy ex is on a break for two weeks, it’s back for the mid-season finale on Friday and then returns January. The 5th I think

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Crazy ex is on a break for two weeks, it’s back for the mid-season finale on Friday and then returns January. The 5th I think

So why is it on break? I mean Friday isn’t a mid season finale, it’s a break-so-long-I-forgot-what’s-happening finale. And what the heck is a mid-season finale anyway? That’s an absurdity like the plus one installment of movies. When they split the last movie/season into two, because money money money. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

So why is it on break? I mean Friday isn’t a mid season finale, it’s a break-so-long-I-forgot-what’s-happening finale. And what the heck is a mid-season finale anyway? That’s an absurdity like the plus one installment of movies. When they split the last movie/season into two, because money money money. 

Not sure why there was a break actually. One week makes sense, sort of, as it was Thanksgiving in the U.S. Last week I’m not sure why though :dunno: This is the first year I have been able to watch week-to-week (it only came to U.K. Netflix after the s2 finale) but I think it had a mid-season finale in seasons one and two aswell. I think it’s a quirk of the CW (The U.S broadcaster) but I’m not sure in the case of a split season it translates into monetary reasons (CW isn’t premium cable so it’s not like there is a subscription fee to seek out). There will be some kind of convoluted logic behind it though, even if it is a pretty poor reason to us as the audience.

Also, I’m not entirely certain but I think the way Crazy Ex is filmed and written (possibly Jane too) is that filming is ongoing while the season airs. So when we were watching episode one episode 7 was being written and filmed (as an example). I’m gathering this from RB’s twitter because she has tweeted about writing and filming and editing episodes for later this season fairly recently. 

But who knows. 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Not sure why there was a break actually. One week makes sense, sort of, as it was Thanksgiving in the U.S. Last week I’m not sure why though :dunno: This is the first year I have been able to watch week-to-week (it only came to U.K. Netflix after the s2 finale) but I think it had a mid-season finale in seasons one and two aswell. I think it’s a quirk of the CW (The U.S broadcaster) but I’m not sure in the case of a split season it translates into monetary reasons (CW isn’t premium cable so it’s not like there is a subscription fee to seek out). There will be some kind of convoluted logic behind it though, even if it is a pretty poor reason to us as the audience.

Also, I’m not entirely certain but I think the way Crazy Ex is filmed and written (possibly Jane too) is that filming is ongoing while the season airs. So when we were watching episode one episode 7 was being written and filmed (as an example). I’m gathering this from RB’s twitter because she has tweeted about writing and filming and editing episodes for later this season fairly recently. 

But who knows. 

I’m sure there’s some logic, but like you said, it must be very twisted. From audience point of view, it makes absolutely no sense to insert a mid-season finale between two breaks. 

I don’t know about that. It’s certainly a possibility, but they do need a schedule in that case too, they can’t just go with the flow and air episodes at (seemingly) random. 

It’s weird. But luckily Full House is always there for me, and it’s better than Jane and Crazy Ex anyway. And I still need to finish Last Kingdom and watch season 2 of Frontier. So much to watch, so little time. 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Did I mention getting up at 5 sucks? :angry:

Getting up at 7:30am sucks. I don't want to even imagine 5am! :grouphug:

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think it’s a quirk of the CW (The U.S broadcaster)

Also, I’m not entirely certain but I think the way Crazy Ex is filmed and written (possibly Jane too) is that filming is ongoing while the season airs.

US networks in general, not just the CW; they've always had random-seeming breaks in broadcast of new episodes, traditionally filled with repeats. And yeah, I think it's due to the ongoing filming (and occasional pre-empting for major sport things). The mid-season finale is a relatively new concept, though.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

St. Nicholas is coming around today? Who is putting out a boot? :)

Will he believe I am still a child and deserve a gift if I put out my little boot from the children's department? :P

My mom put chocolate in my boot on Sunday, so I’d say there’s a good chance for you too. 

Archived