TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

56 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not sure. Maybe some important people who need to be presentable at all times don't. But I assume most people do.

Spoiler

Yeah. Though I’m sure they have staff to wash their hair and they had lasered off all the undesirable hair years ago. 

I don’t want Monday. On the plus side, only 6-8ish workdays left this year. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You are right, Monday sucks. Only ... 9 work days left this year, I think.

Yeah, but we won’t be working next Friday and I’m not working this Thursday. There’s also a Christmas party this Friday and next Thursday. Which leaves me with  5 and half work days, god bless it. 

18 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, but we won’t be working next Friday and I’m not working this Thursday. There’s also a Christmas party this Friday and next Thursday. Which leaves me with  5 and half work days, god bless it. 

I still have a class to listen to next Friday, but I probably at least won't have the evening lesson. And not sure if I will be working next Thursday.

Stil have to survive getting up at early o'clock three times ...

And in fifteen days, I go see the supernatural entity. Not that I am impatiently counting down or anything. :leaving:

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I still have a class to listen to next Friday, but I probably at least won't have the evening lesson. And not sure if I will be working next Thursday.

Stil have to survive getting up at early o'clock three times ...

And in fifteen days, I go see the supernatural entity. Not that I am impatiently counting down or anything. :leaving:

Ooh boy, if that high schooler wants a German lesson in the evening of December 22, he or she probably needs a doctor too. Nobody can possibly be such an eminent student. 

Of course not, we can totally see that you are absolutely indifferent about these visits and talk about anything but. :agree: 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Ooh boy, if that high schooler wants a German lesson in the evening of December 22, he or she probably needs a doctor too. Nobody can possibly be such an eminent student.

Of course not, we can totally see that you are absolutely indifferent about these visits and talk about anything but. :agree: 

Oh, I am sure he doesn't. I am pretty sure his parents make the schedule. He is really not all that into the whole school thing.

I mean, I don't want to work then either.

The only thing that sucks about this December being shorter in regards to work is that, being paid per hour I actually worked, I am going to get less money for the month ...

:agree: You see?

BTW, how is sister? I do not think we have had a funny update in a while.

SE = BF  ... got it :thumbsup:

I managed to keep down a chai latte and a sandwhich today.. watch out world here I come!! 

Lil O is home with me today - poor kid had croup on the 1st followed by fever and non stop congestion. And now he has impetigo, yuck. Kids and germs. Germs and kids. Lovely cycle. 

Sounds like you guys get some decent time off of work for holidays.  

And snow! I would love to see snow.  

29 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I am sure he doesn't. I am pretty sure his parents make the schedule. He is really not all that into the whole school thing.

I mean, I don't want to work then either.

The only thing that sucks about this December being shorter in regards to work is that, being paid per hour I actually worked, I am going to get less money for the month ...

:agree: You see?

BTW, how is sister? I do not think we have had a funny update in a while.

That makes more sense. Poor guy though, German lessons on Friday night... 

yup, same here, though I seem to have reached an agreement with my company to arrange something that resembles paid vacation days. 

Sister is not well right now, she has bronchitis. She’s been home for a week and will have to stay home another week. She is gutted because she misses out on all the drama at school and will have quite a lot to catch up on. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

SE = BF  ... got it :thumbsup:

I managed to keep down a chai latte and a sandwhich today.. watch out world here I come!! 

Lil O is home with me today - poor kid had croup on the 1st followed by fever and non stop congestion. And now he has impetigo, yuck. Kids and germs. Germs and kids. Lovely cycle. 

Sounds like you guys get some decent time off of work for holidays.  

And snow! I would love to see snow.  

That sounds nice! 

How do you feel about gingerbread? I still have a box full of ginger bread. 

Poor little O. Hope he gets well soon. 

I suppose that’s because neither of us are “employees” in the classic sense. Which has its ups and downs, but extended Christmas is one big advantage. (At least that’s my case, I don’t want to speak for Buckleberry - (c) Lord Sidious) 

15 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

That makes more sense. Poor guy though, German lessons on Friday night... 

yup, same here, though I seem to have reached an agreement with my company to arrange something that resembles paid vacation days. 

Sister is not well right now, she has bronchitis. She’s been home for a week and will have to stay home another week. She is gutted because she misses out on all the drama at school and will have quite a lot to catch up on.

Poor little O. Hope he gets well soon. 

I suppose that’s because neither of us are “employees” in the classic sense. Which has its ups and downs, but extended Christmas is one big advantage. (At least that’s my case, I don’t want to speak for Buckleberry - (c) Lord Sidious) 

Yay for paid vacation days, boo for sister's bronchitis.

I hope Lil O gets better soon as well, @Lady Olenna. Try not to get any of his germs yourself. :grouphug:

No, I am not an employee either. I work on a shit contract that that is insanely highly taxed, I get only paid for the hours I actually spend in the classroom without all the preparations, which can take a while too. Languge schools are horrible in that regard.

On ‎10‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 8:17 PM, RhaenysB said:

Hello People! 

Oh and I’m going to see Star Wars on Thursday. 

I'm seeing it Wednesday evening, and I'm already as excited as a ten-year-old on his birthday.

On ‎10‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 9:24 PM, Buckwheat said:
  Hide contents

Not sure. Maybe some important people who need to be presentable at all times don't. But I assume most people do.

Oh, definitely.

I had a great Monday for once, school was cancelled. The only time I left the house was for a brief snowball fight with my sister.

34 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I'm seeing it Wednesday evening, and I'm already as excited as a ten-year-old on his birthday.

Oh, definitely.

I had a great Monday for once, school was cancelled. The only time I left the house was for a brief snowball fight with my sister.

:commie::commie: i was just wondering if there’s a Star Wars combo at the movies. My inner 10-year-old wants to get a Star Wars cup with a figurine. Possibly filled with water. I don’t want to drink the sugary nightmare that comes in it. I got a Chewbacca figurine two years ago. 

But I was very grown up the othe week and didn’t get a Jason figurine when I went to see Justice League. *pats her own shoulder* 

kinda fearful but very excited about the movie :commie: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I hope Lil O gets better soon as well, @Lady Olenna. Try not to get any of his germs yourself. :grouphug:

No, I am not an employee either. I work on a shit contract that that is insanely highly taxed, I get only paid for the hours I actually spend in the classroom without all the preparations, which can take a while too. Languge schools are horrible in that regard.

Oh man, that doesn’t sound very good :/ 

I work on a very very very complicated contract, it’s not an ideal work arrangement at all, but it does have a couple advantages so there’s that at least.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It’s clearly time to start decorating lampposts with our bougie overlords then

51 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

What exactly is a work contract? 

Errrr, are you asking seriously or being sarcastic? I may be missing undertones because it is 5.29 AM and I got almost no sleep because it is so windy that the shutters just didn't stop rattling at my window. 

Somebody tell me how to survive the day out and about without falling asleep.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s clearly time to start decorating lampposts with our bougie overlords then

Yes. Good idea. :commie:

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Errrr, are you asking seriously or being sarcastic? I may be missing undertones because it is 5.29 AM and I got almost no sleep because it is so windy that the shutters just didn't stop rattling at my window. 

Somebody tell me how to survive the day out and about without falling asleep.

Yes. Good idea. :commie:

Serious. I’ve only accepted jobs/salaries verbally and then signed very basic paperwork - but never for a certain amount of time. Work until you quit or get fired. 

Coffee? That might help. Maybe two cups. Or a nap if you can sneak it in. 

Edit - now that I’m thinking it through I guess teachers and other certified employees sign contracts. But with union representation teachers rarely get fired or lose their contracts, at least here. And I don’t recall nurses having contracts. But I could be wrong. 

The idea of not having a contract of employment for a job like teaching, nursing etc. seems nuts to me. The U.K. is pretty much the opposite end of the spectrum though with the full contract of employment made up from bits and bobs from all over (although certain particulars of employment need to be contained all in one document).

More casual and at-will and zero hours employment like bar staff I can see that situation. But even when I worked in retail I got a full contract of employment, booklet of terms and conditions and company standards etc. Nuts!

19 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

kinda fearful but very excited about the movie :commie: 

I was kind of worried when Mark Hamill said he initially completely disagreed with the director over what direction he was taking Luke in. But it sounds like they'll be treading new ground and doing unexpected things, which in my mind is exactly what the sequel trilogy needs. And initial reviews have been positive, so I'm very excited now :commie: 

Archived