TTTNE 471: The Musical

First of My Name

17 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I just came back from The Last Jedi and... fuck. This blew me away. I had a lot of expectations but I didn't expect this. At all. Avoid spoilers for this one at all cost. I'm still letting it all sink in but right now, this one is tied with Empire for my favorite.

WOO HOO! YAY. I'm aiming to see it Monday or Tuesday.

But in the here and now, I'm so relaxed I could melt.

5 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Absolutely! But I'd go in with as few expectations as you can. There's some narrative choices that are extremely bold for a Star Wars movie, and I'm pretty sure this will be the most divisive entry in the series yet. So yeah, you might love it and you might hate it, but keep an open mind :P 

I will ask one thing, and one thing only, will I enjoy any of it?.

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

WOO HOO! YAY. I'm aiming to see it Monday or Tuesday.

But in the here and now, I'm so relaxed I could melt.

Happy little trees, happy little clouds.

It looks like he is about to lean the palette onto himself and end up with all the different paints on his shirt ...

58 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:
  Hide contents

If you are asking whether there’s any lightning being thrown, the answer is yes, a little. 

Spoiler

I’m more asking if the dark side users don’t come across as complete amateurs this time around, and if it looks like the Sith order will be restored.

10 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m more asking if the dark side users don’t come across as complete amateurs this time around, and if it looks like the Sith order will be restored.

Spoiler

In that case, no. The characters on the dark side do come across as amateurs. But it’s still worth watching because it ends on a similar note as empire strikes back in terms of the position of the dark side. 

27 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:
  Hide contents

In that case, no. The characters on the dark side do come across as amateurs. But it’s still worth watching because it ends on a similar note as empire strikes back in terms of the position of the dark side. 

Spoiler

Why do they have to give us a bad rap, clearly they’re both in need of a trip to Korriban.

I might try and get to watch it this weekend.

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I mean I really enjoyed watching it, but man, the problems were strong with this one. 

It's just impossible not to have a strong opinion about it. I'd like to discuss it with you more but I'll do that in PM.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I will ask one thing, and one thing only, will I enjoy any of it?.

By your definition of enjoyment I wouldn't get your hopes up too much :P 

13 hours ago, First of My Name said:

It's just impossible not to have a strong opinion about it. I'd like to discuss it with you more but I'll do that in PM.

By your definition of enjoyment I wouldn't get your hopes up too much :P 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

This might be my favourite Star Wars film tbh. Easily the equal of any of the other movies. This is the Star Wars I would have made.

Thats a somewhat mixed endorsement, it’s high time they make the Star Wars, is have made :(.

I’m quite looking forward to Christmas too, we are going to have a nice quiet time and family are visiting.

I’m looking forward to the new year even more, I just want this baby out of me now, I’m tired constantly, can’t get comfortable when I do want to sleep and feel huge.

Please assure me that I have a reason to be pissed off. 

Spoiler

So my flatmate asked if a friend of hers could sleep over in the spare room after a party they went to. Sure, of course the friend can sleep over, my flatmate lives here too, she pays rent and that’s exactly the use of a spare room. I told her where the bedding is (in the drawer under the bed, very surprisingly) and packed away the drying rack I had in the room and all. She left to the party, I went to bed, I got up in the morning, they were all still asleep, I left for work, got home in the afternoon.

I did check on the room and saw that the used bedding was still left there on the bed, but thinking it’s not my job to tidy up after this person I’ve never even met, I left it. Then it turns out my flatmate will visit her parents place over weekend, sleep at her boyfriend’s on Sunday, fly to somewhere for the next three days and will be back on Wednesday. But I still held out hope that by the time I get up today after a late night work Christmas thing, the spare room will be tidied up after her guest. Need I say it wasn’t? 

So, okay, I was like I’ll launder the bedding this person I’ve never met used, and set the bed after him, then I realized my cushions were missing. Then I found them on the floor tugged between the bedframe and the wall. They were dusty and sad and did I say they were on the floor between the bedframe and the wall? :bang:  Like, wtf do you think you are doing being a guest somewhere and abusing my cushions? And wtf do you think you are doing inviting a guest over and not tidying up after them? Seriously wtf. This is not okay. 

Phhhew. That was good to get off my chest. 

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I got up at 9:30 and opened the window. Who the hell can sleep in 23.5C? Not me...

I thought we talked about this a few weeks ago and you were the one who told us we are living in very cold rooms. :P

Also, yes, you are entitled to be pissed off. If you have a guest over, then you also take care of the place being okay afterwards. Leaving for days and leaving everything behind is rude, obviously you are entitled to use that room in time the other person is absent and not have to clean it first.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I thought we talked about this a few weeks ago and you were the one who told us we are living in very cold rooms. :P

No-no-no. We talked about daytime temperatures. And I was the one who told you you are living in very cold rooms. Now, we are talking about nighttime temperatures. The ideal nighttime temperature is around 21C. Turning the heat UP for the night to 24C is a sick notion. 

And well, if someone is going to bring guests over they are fully responsible for tidying up after said guest. Even if they have a personality that is comfortable with mess and thinks tidying up is a waste of time. My personality is comfortable with tidiness.

12 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

No-no-no. We talked about daytime temperatures. And I was the one who told you you are living in very cold rooms. Now, we are talking about nighttime temperatures. The ideal nighttime temperature is around 21C. Turning the heat UP for the night to 24C is a sick notion. 

And well, if someone is going to bring guests over they are fully responsible for tidying up after said guest. Even if they have a personality that is comfortable with mess and thinks tidying up is a waste of time. My personality is comfortable with tidiness.

Hmmm, does the temperature change in your room that quickly, or do you have different rooms set to different temperatures? I usually spend most time in the room I also sleep in, and I cannot really change the temperature that much because it stays the same. My room is relatively small and gets warm quickly.

I do not like sleeping in much colder than the usual room temperature anyway.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hmmm, does the temperature change in your room that quickly, or do you have different rooms set to different temperatures? I usually spend most time in the room I also sleep in, and I cannot really change the temperature that much because it stays the same. My room is relatively small and gets warm quickly.

I do not like sleeping in much colder than the usual room temperature anyway.

Well, of course it can that quickly. If I turn up the heating it gets hot, if I turn it down or open a window it gets colder. Unfortunately I can’t set different temperatures for different rooms, there’s only one thermostat. If I set it to say 23C the radiators will heat every room until said room reaches 23C. Of course some rooms get warm/cold more quickly. In the daytime, I like to have around 23C, and the theormostat automatically switches to 19C at midnight, so the radiators stop heating. The temperature goes down to around 20C by morning. That’s just perfect for sleeping and saves energy too. 

Archived