Dragons, only death can pay for life.

AlaskanSandman

Dany's bond with her dragons is very special.  It's not the traditional way because they see her as their mother.  Drogon was always looking after Dany from the beginning.  He protected her from the undying without having been told or trained to do so.  I don't think any other person will experience this kind of bond with a dragon. 

On 9/29/2017 at 3:10 PM, AlaskanSandman said:

Did Mirri always plan to hatch dragons? Was she really helping Dany all along or not? Cause to me, it honestly seemed like Mirri was trying to help Dany. She made Drogo a healing poultice and he removed it and smeared mud in it. She told them no one must enter the text, and yet Jorah brings Dany into the text with Rhaego. I suspect Mirri is who protected Dany from the fire possibly, but then maybe im wrong.

A few more ramblings lol 

Maybe MMD was trying to prevent the dragons hatching? I don't have the slightest idea how she would know but presumably - IF Drogo had followed Mirri's instructions he wouldn't have died & therefore wouldn't have been able to "seed" the egg. 

Had Jorah not brought Dany into the tent Rhaego wouldn't have been able to "seed" an egg either. 

Just a thought. I don't have any evidence for it but I don't think MMD was trying to help Dany & don't see any reason why she would have recited a ritual to help Dany survive the fire she herself was being burned alive in. Also Dany felt instinctually that walking in the fire wouldn't hurt her - and she started this plan before MMD was burning. 

The idea of someone's soul going into a sword is very interesting & I think may play into Ice being used to behead Ned & the subsequent strange coloring of the 2 swords made from Ice

1 hour ago, Midnight Confession said:

I don't think even Rhaenyra could have hatched dragons from petrified eggs.  Only Dany could do that.  She is azor ahai, the one prophesied to awaken dragons from stone.  That she did. 

There were "hatchers" in the family in the past but they were hatching freshly laid eggs.  What Dany did was something else.  Beyond what Rhaenyra could do.  What Dany did was the equivalent of bringing dinosaurs back from fossils.

To me, Rhaego is the best candidate to be Drogon's spirit.  Dany and Drogo lost their child, the stallion.  But in some way, the prophecy is still fulfilled because Dany will be the khal of khals, the entire world will be her khalasar.  She will do this with the help of the stallion, Drogon, her own child.  If the crones had been Valyrians they would tell of a prophecy of the mighty dragon who will unite the world, but since they are not, we got a horse instead.  Because they're a male dominated peoples and are sort of sexists they assumed a male horse. 

I couldnt say honestly, im not sure what the other eggs really were like, so they may or may nor have been the same as Dany's. Assuming they're different though is ok and fits with whats been discussed in the thread.

Dany doesn't have to create dragons from scratch like who ever Septon Barth speculates first created dragons from wyvern stock. Instead, Dany has to wake dragons from eggs, petrified or not. 

So what has been discussed is the idea that the event in the tent was the Shadow Binding and Blood magic needed to seed the eggs, part of the process needed to bring life back to the eggs.

The next part would be the pyre, cause dragons are fire made flesh. As has been pointed out, Dany keeps feeling heat and realizes or thinks she didn't have the brazier hot enough. This pyre is what finally hatched them along with their time spent around Dany which seems to be the incubation period. 

Mirri's chant may have just been the fire protection given to Dany as she walked into the fire. Something that may or may not have contributed to things.

So what was happening for Rhaenyra and Rhaenys would have been different. As all they would have needed is to spend the time around the eggs, already having been seeded by the dead Targaryens before that are burned during funeral pyres. 

Cause all we know for sure about the older Targaryens, is that they spent time with the eggs and that the person in the cradle bonds with the dragon. Though is not the only person who can bond to the dragon in the dragons life time.

As to who seeded which of Dan'ys eggs is up for debate as it's possible even that Mirri seeded one. I just feel they're Rhaego, Viserys, and Drogo. Which is which is debatable.

25 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

A few more ramblings lol 

Maybe MMD was trying to prevent the dragons hatching? I don't have the slightest idea how she would know but presumably - IF Drogo had followed Mirri's instructions he wouldn't have died & therefore wouldn't have been able to "seed" the egg. 

Had Jorah not brought Dany into the tent Rhaego wouldn't have been able to "seed" an egg either. 

Just a thought. I don't have any evidence for it but I don't think MMD was trying to help Dany & don't see any reason why she would have recited a ritual to help Dany survive the fire she herself was being burned alive in. Also Dany felt instinctually that walking in the fire wouldn't hurt her - and she started this plan before MMD was burning. 

The idea of someone's soul going into a sword is very interesting & I think may play into Ice being used to behead Ned & the subsequent strange coloring of the 2 swords made from Ice

Thank you, its more often your met with debate than agreement haha :D

I think MMD accidentally seeded the eggs. Though about the time of the Pyre figures it out and suggest as much to Dany and offers to help. This is why i think she did the chant to protect Dany, who probably didn't need to go into the fire. Though i dont know for sure how much Mirri truely knows of dragon hatching. 

Note that Viserys (Molten Gold), Rhaego (probably in the pyre) and Drogo were all given to the flames. 

And yes, the tent incident i think was meant to do what Mirri said, but Jorah messed it up and instead lead to the apparent death of Drogo and Rhaego and their spirits being bound to the eggs instead.

Mirri though is chanting for the Horses strength and spirit to go into Drogo, so if she succeeded, Drogo may have been alive but with a horse spirit in him. Hard to fully say but looking at her actions closely, suggest Mirri wasn't evil or plotting against Dany. Mirri had plenty of opportunities to kill Dany and never did, especially when she birthed Rhaego.

Yes Dany thinks she is fire proof and thinks it again in the grass lands while staring at her burnt hands. She is wrong. 

Other that pointing out Mirri's actions actually seems honest. Why help Dany? Maester Marwyn and the Dornish connection. Mirri trained with Maester Marwyn who is working with Alleras, Sarella, daughter of Oberyn Martell, and part of Dorne. Mirri also trained in Shadow binding, which is what Quiathe is, who may or may not be Ashara Dayne also from Dorne. Dany's real mother. The Dayne Heir(ess) is Daenerys, try not hearing that every time you say her name now. Lemon trees and Dorne?

And on the sword, Yes. I talk about it in another of my threads. Essentially though, i propose that Valyrian steel is made from Wierwood Trees which are known to drink blood for their power. Steel=Iron+carbon.  Charcoal used to add carbon to steel can be from trees. Valyrian steel is made from the black trees with blue leaves in essos while Dawn was forged from the White trees. It's why Valyrian steel drinks in the light and Dawn gives off light. This is why i do believe Ice changed because it drank the blood of it's owner. A sort of sacrifice hinted at with Dawn.

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I've been so curious as to how dragon eggs are hatched for quite a while. Even toyed with the idea that there were sacrifices that needed to be made & that Rhaegar figured it out & planned on sacrificing his children. I don't think that's very likely though. 

I've never put together a post about it as I've never been able to put it all together in my head. You've done a good job here. 

Some questions I have never found a satisfactory answer to that maybe you have some ideas on:

Why did the dragons stop hatching? 

Following your posts here maybe before the dragons died out there didn't need to be a sacrifice every time an egg was hatched - just initially. After that possibly putting the eggs in the babies cradles allowed a little of the babies soul to transfer into the egg & then hatch? Much the same as the Stark children have a part of themselves in the direwolves. 

But maybe the "bonding" happened before the baby was born & occasionally too much of the Dragon went back into the baby & that's how they ended up with some babies being born similar to Rhaegal? 

But then some of the eggs didn't hatch. What would cause that to happen? 

The dragons died out & Dany brought them back to life via blood ritual/ funeral pyre. Will her dragons lay eggs? 

A dragon rider is clearly bonded with their dragon as we see with Dany & Drogon but does there have to be some sort of bond with the dragon rider & the person sacrificed (whose soul is now in the dragon) before death, like with Dany & Drogo? I would think not since almost no one other than Dany would have been able to bond with Rhaego. 

Sorry if I'm jumping all over the place & rambling - like I said I've never been able to put all my thoughts in order but the subject is very interesting. 

I've been following this thread & am going to reread it to see what I may have missed & then will probably have more ramblings! :lol:

At any rate congrats on the OP I think you did a great job 

Targaryens burned their dead in funeral pyres and may have been what did it back then, along with the egg spending time around a genetic hatcher.

They stopped because the double XX gene needed got lost and were only a few to begin with. The only way it could have survived was if Aegon IV and Daena the Defiant had had a daughter, rather than a son. Though one X gene should be lingering in the Blackfyres making them a threat to the Septons who have been trying to end it since Maegor. They have been actively preventing the right unions from happening or the right women from being made heirs. If Aegon III had actually mated with Helaena, then that also would have brought the Hatchers back. Though none of these things happened and so they died. Not even reborn in Dany. Dany and what happened was a new bonding of blood to dragons. 

Well this may have to do with an untrained baby subconsciously slipping into the egg, and thus would have no one there to tell them they're doing it too much. Something Jojen warns Bran about, spending to much time in the beast and your souls getting lost in the others body. Apparently its more than the soul.

I think so.

I imagine on some level you have to be kindred spirits. Like say, which ever egg Maegor seeded, probably was one hell of a viscous dragon that probably was particular to who could ride it.

Dont be!! I tend to write like i speak and can jump around sometimes too hahaha a pleasure though :)

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Drogon is special and yeah, he may have the remains of Drogo's soul in him.  Other theories do say he is the reincarnation of Balerion.  If Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion are the reincarnation of people, I would think they would be Drogo, Rhaego, and Viserys.  All people who were very important to Dany.  

If the "three headed dragon" has more than one meaning, it is three Targaryens under Dany's banner/control.  That would make Drogon = Rhaego, Rhaegal = Rhaegar, and Viserion = Viserys.  

The only one that doesn't fit, though, is Viserys. He was long dead by the time the pyre was lit and his body is somewhere back in Vaes Dothrak.

If it's true that only life can pay for death, then the one clear life in the pyre was MMD. And since a Dothraki isn't truly dead until their spirit is freed from their bodies to ride the nightlands, then both Drogo and Rhaego's bodies could still have contained their spirits. So three deaths in the pyre begat three lives in the forms of living dragons, each of which held some of the personality traits of the spirits that paid for them.

I'm not sure if there is anything that says the three heads of the dragon have to be Targaryen, but it's pretty clear that Drogon has inherited the forceful, dominant spirit of Drogo. So if that character trait has carried through to the dragons and Viserion was Viserys, he would be hostile to Dany and try to dominate her, not cling to her and cry like a baby whenever she leaves or pushes him away.

And if somebody like Rhaegar, who is long dead, could be a life that paid for death, it would be just as likely that one of the dragons is the Mad King or Willem Darry or any other figure from Dany's past. It would also completely disrupt the whole "three lives" plotline between Arya and JH because he could have squared things with the Red God using any number of deaths in the past. But only life can pay for death, so he needs three lives to make things right, just as Dany needed three lives in the pyre.

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

The only one that doesn't fit, though, is Viserys. He was long dead by the time the pyre was lit and his body is somewhere back in Vaes Dothrak.

If it's true that only life can pay for death, then the one clear life in the pyre was MMD. And since a Dothraki isn't truly dead until their spirit is freed from their bodies to ride the nightlands, then both Drogo and Rhaego's bodies could still have contained their spirits. So three deaths in the pyre begat three lives in the forms of living dragons, each of which held some of the personality traits of the spirits that paid for them.

I think maybe you are misunderstanding what is being suggested. The idea is that the souls of Viserys, Drogo, & Rhaego entered the dragon eggs upon their death. So it wouldn't matter that Viserys was dead before Drogo & Rhaego or where his body was. As long as each of their souls had inhabited an egg prior to the hatching. I suppose it could be MMD that "seeded" one of the eggs but I personally think it is more likely to be Viserys. 

I'm not sure if there is anything that says the three heads of the dragon have to be Targaryen, but it's pretty clear that Drogon has inherited the forceful, dominant spirit of Drogo. So if that character trait has carried through to the dragons and Viserion was Viserys, he would be hostile to Dany and try to dominate her, not cling to her and cry like a baby whenever she leaves or pushes him away.

I don't know, I don't find it that much of a stretch to think Viserys would behave that way. He is a whining snot & imagine how he would be as a baby or with someone he cannot dominate. I personally find it much more likely for a reincarnated Viserys to behave that way than a reincarnated Mirri. 

And if somebody like Rhaegar, who is long dead, could be a life that paid for death, it would be just as likely that one of the dragons is the Mad King or Willem Darry or any other figure from Dany's past.

I think the poster you were quoting meant Rhaego not Rhaegar because it's Rhaego they talk about earlier in the post. 

3 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I think maybe you are misunderstanding what is being suggested. The idea is that the souls of Viserys, Drogo, & Rhaego entered the dragon eggs upon their death. So it wouldn't matter that Viserys was dead before Drogo & Rhaego or where his body was. As long as each of their souls had inhabited an egg prior to the hatching. I suppose it could be MMD that "seeded" one of the eggs but I personally think it is more likely to be Viserys. 

I don't know, I don't find it that much of a stretch to think Viserys would behave that way. He is a whining snot & imagine how he would be as a baby or with someone he cannot dominate. I personally find it much more likely for a reincarnated Viserys to behave that way than a reincarnated Mirri. 

I think the poster you were quoting meant Rhaego not Rhaegar because it's Rhaego they talk about earlier in the post. 

But it's not a soul that pays for life, it's a death. (Sorry, I got that backward up above). If Viserys and Rhaego pass into an egg because they are targs, how does Drogo manage it? Why Drogo and not Qotho, or any number of Lhazareen who just died, or any recently released soul at all? There's got to be a connection somewhere, and the most direct connection between death and life happened in the pyre where Mirri's body died and the lives of Drogon and Rhaego, which were still bound within their recently deceased bodies, were released to give life to the dragons.

We can clearly see Drogo in Drogon, but sorry, Viserys was not clingy and did not crave Dany's affection or attention the way Viserion does. Rhaegal is more aloof and subtle because he is less trusting of Dany, as MMD would be. Plus, he is green, the color of the rebels in the Dance who tried to usurp the crown from Vis II's chosen heir.

4 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

But it's not a soul that pays for life, it's a death. (Sorry, I got that backward up above). If Viserys and Rhaego pass into an egg because they are targs, how does Drogo manage it? Why Drogo and not Qotho, or any number of Lhazareen who just died, or any recently released soul at all? There's got to be a connection somewhere, and the most direct connection between death and life happened in the pyre where Mirri's body died and the lives of Drogon and Rhaego, which were still bound within their recently deceased bodies, were released to give life to the dragons.

Right. Only death pays for life. Regardless of how or where we think their souls went - or if they had souls at all Rhaego, Viserys, Drogo, and MMD all died. 

I don't think necessarily Viserys & Rhaego's souls passed into the eggs because they were Targs - I think they passed into the eggs because the eggs were a vessel in close proximity that their souls could go into. I don't think it has to be a Targaryen at all. However it is suggested in an earlier post that Rhaego, being both Dany & Drogo's blood somehow paved the way for Drogo to be able to enter an egg. 

Drogo & not Qotho because Drogo had a close relationship with Dany. That is the connection. I'm not saying it's impossible that Mirri's life paid for one of the eggs to hatch - or that Mirri's soul entered one of the eggs but what would be her connection then? Rhaego is part Targaryen but Drogo & MMD are not so that isn't it. Drogo & Rhaego both had a close relationship with Dany but Mirri did not so that isn't it. Mirri died in the fire but Drogo & Rhaego did not - I don't buy the whole their souls hadn't left their body because they were Dothraki thing. That doesn't ring true to me at all. It's just another religion with another interpretation of how you pass over. If it were true for the Dothraki it would be true for anyone whether they believed it or not IMO. Maybe the eggs have to be "seeded" with someone's soul & then a death has to be paid to bring them to life? So Viserys, Rhaego, & Drogo went into the eggs & then MMD's death paid for their life? 

It doesn't make much sense to me to say Drogo & Rhaego's death paid for the lives of the dragons one way but MMD's had to pay for it another way. 

4 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

We can clearly see Drogo in Drogon, but sorry, Viserys was not clingy and did not crave Dany's affection or attention the way Viserion does. Rhaegal is more aloof and subtle because he is less trusting of Dany, as MMD would be. Plus, he is green, the color of the rebels in the Dance who tried to usurp the crown from Vis II's chosen heir.

I think most of us can agree if any of the dragons are anyone Drogon is Drogo. I wasn't suggesting Viserys acted that way in life only that I could see a baby or child Viserys being very clingy. Admittedly it has been a while since my last reread but I don't remember feeling like Viserion was any more clingy or needy than Rhaegal. Only that Drogon was more independent - doesn't mean I'm right though. When I have some time I'll do a search for Viserion's name & see if I feel differently. Also - & this may not bear much weight but I would find it very odd for Drogo to = Drogon, but then Rhaego to = Viserion, & MMD to = Rhaegal. If one name lines up I would think the others would to. 

5 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

This is covered in the thread. Drogo either is a skinchanger and or all souls linger as described by Qyburn. The bonding of the souls to the eggs happened before the pyre, with Viserys going first. Perhaps due to all three being given to the flames in some way. Older Targaryens were burned upon their death so this may be the fire sacrifice that slips their soul, or it was Mirri's activities in the tent that officially bound them. Either way, the eggs are seeded already by the time of the Pyre. The pyre is just the final thing needed to hatch or awaken them. 

Viserys i think your over estimating. Viserys was weak and clung to Dany for strength in the end and was losing him self. Dany was always the stronger one. So Viserion clinging to Dany would actually make sense. Viserys was pathetic and clingy. Giving Dany up for an army was not something Viserys was overtyly fond  of and upon feeling cheated, wanted her back. Illyrio even tells up a story of Viserys that clearly shows he was not completely on board with selling his sister off.

It is totally possible for Mirri to be one of them. I just dont think so. Viserys eggs Viserion was moving right after the tent incident. Leaving only 2 eggs left. Of the remaining people, Rhaego, Drogo, and Mirri. It seems more likely it would be the two who had a bond to Dany to begin with.

The Stallion who mounts the world. Is it Drogo, is it Rhaego, or is it Dany? Wouldn't matter this way, they all are.

And recall (posted in thread) Dany's earliest dream of the Dragon. It's Viserys who turns into a Dragon. 

Interesting point mentioned else where by me but should really be mentioned in here, is the Wolf Dancing in the tent with the Man Wreathed in flames, that Dany sees in the tent before Jorah brings her in.

Why are wolves present for the birthing of dragons? Is this the Old gods and Rhllor??? But why?

5 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

Interesting point mentioned else where by me but should really be mentioned in here, is the Wolf Dancing in the tent with the Man Wreathed in flames, that Dany sees in the tent before Jorah brings her in.

Why are wolves present for the birthing of dragons? Is this the Old gods and Rhllor??? But why?

I've never been able to make any sense of this. The only thing I can think is that the shadows are meant to be showing us that MMD is calling on all of the Gods to perform her ritual? Or maybe to show they are all the same God? 

I just don't know :dunno:

@Lyanna<3Rhaegar

A Storm of Swords - Bran IV

It was white weirwood, and there was a face on it.
A glow came from the wood, like milk and moonlight,

A Game of Thrones - Eddard X

Ned's wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.
"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

Long and low, without towers or windows, it coiled like a stone serpent through a grove of black-barked trees whose inky blue leaves made the stuff of the sorcerous drink the Qartheen called shade of the evening. No other buildings stood near. Black tiles covered the palace roof, many fallen or broken; the mortar between the stones was dry and crumbling. She understood now why Xaro Xhoan Daxos called it the Palace of Dust. Even Drogon seemed disquieted by the sight of it. The black dragon hissed, smoke seeping out between his sharp teeth.

It was darker than she would have thought under the black trees, and the way was longer.

A Storm of Swords - Tyrion IV

I worked half a hundred spells and brightened the red time and time again, but always the color would darken, as if the blade was drinking the sun from it. 

A Clash of Kings - Daenerys IV

To her right, a set of wide wooden doors had been thrown open. They were fashioned of ebony and weirwood, the black and white grains swirling and twisting in strange interwoven patterns.

Some quote links from my other thread on what im saying about Dawn vs Valyrian Steel and the Trees.

7 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I've never been able to make any sense of this. The only thing I can think is that the shadows are meant to be showing us that MMD is calling on all of the Gods to perform her ritual? Or maybe to show they are all the same God? 

I just don't know :dunno:

I think there is indeed a deeper link. Look what im saying about the swords, the trees, and think about Shade of the Evening versus, Weirwood Paste. Same but different. Almost like one is a corruption of the other. We've head tale of an Emperor who may be responsible for such a corruption.

6 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

@Lyanna<3Rhaegar

Some quote links from my other thread on what im saying about Dawn vs Valyrian Steel and the Trees.

Thanks! I'm going to have to go check out the other thread. 

4 minutes ago, AlaskanSandman said:

I think there is indeed a deeper link. Look what im saying about the swords, the trees, and think about Shade of the Evening versus, Weirwood Paste. Same but different. Almost like one is a corruption of the other. We've head tale of an Emperor who may be responsible for such a corruption.

That does make some sense. Thanks again. 

1 minute ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Thanks! I'm going to have to go check out the other thread. 

That does make some sense. Thanks again. 

Not alot of feed back in it yet haha but definitely check it out :D 

I further propose the black stone is mostly just that black tree petrified.

Exp. The Grey King's Hall. Nagga's ribs actually being petrified weirwood from the boat built of Ygg. :)

dawn-valyrian-steel-the-black-white-trees/

Interesting discussion but MMD is not a Targaryen.  The meaning of the phrase "three headed dragon of House Targaryen" loses significance if even one of those dragons is not a Targaryen.  I used to believe Drogo's soul brought life to Drogon, but I now believe Drogon is a past Targaryen.  Maybe even Aegon himself. 

3 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

[snip]

Exp. The Grey King's Hall. Nagga's ribs actually being petrified weirwood from the boat built of Ygg. :)

[snip]

I don't know how you come up with these things - and have no idea whether you are right. But I love this idea. What myth has made into a dragon are actually the remnants of a ship. Heh.

I freely admit I have a dislike for mythological explanations and thus am predisposed to jump on anything that explains them rationally. And that's probably why I love this. Still very nice! (Whether there also is truth to it we'll see. Let's hope GRRM gets around to deal with it.)

3 hours ago, Amris said:

I don't know how you come up with these things - and have no idea whether you are right. But I love this idea. What myth has made into a dragon are actually the remnants of a ship. Heh.

I freely admit I have a dislike for mythological explanations and thus am predisposed to jump on anything that explains them rationally. And that's probably why I love this. Still very nice! (Whether there also is truth to it we'll see. Let's hope GRRM gets around to deal with it.)

A Dance with Dragons - Jaime I

Blackwood's solar was on the second floor of a cavernous timber keep. There was a fire burning in the hearth when they entered. The room was large and airy, with great beams of dark oak supporting the high ceiling. Woolen tapestries covered the walls, and a pair of wide latticework doors looked out upon the godswood. Through their thick, diamond-shaped panes of yellow glass Jaime glimpsed the gnarled limbs of the tree from which the castle took its name. It was a weirwood ancient and colossal, ten times the size of the one in the Stone Garden at Casterly Rock. This tree was bare and dead, though.
"The Brackens poisoned it," said his host. "For a thousand years it has not shown a leaf. In another thousand it will have turned to stone, the maesters say. Weirwoods never rot."

Thank you! The idea about the Grey King's boat isn't one of mine though unfortunately, but it makes alot of sense, especially of the Grey King's legend.

So essentially the idea is that he was of the GeotD and killed Ygg else where, then built a boat of Ygg. Then used the boat to sail to Westeros. Hence the Iron born being old as first men, but first men didn't sail. This is essentially how Azor Ahai ended is life and story in Westeros.

Where i take things further, is my theory that the black stone is actually just the black tree's petrified. My theory that the Valyrian swords and Dawn are made from the trees. And that Rhllor took his birth from the trees.

Note. If Nagga was actually just a weirwood boat, then what was Nagga's living fire? I believe his power was born of the tree's though he corrupted them and that power.

Interesting is the idea above about the wolf in the tent when dragons were born too. I ultimately believe there is only one power, the power of the trees, and all other things (Dawn, Valyrian Steel, and the Black stone) derives from this power.

Dragon glass in and of it self i think is just inherently magical, but limited. It's just frozen fire. But i believe that the Targaryen's learned how to mix them with blood magic and dragon fire to turn them into Glass Candles, something that seems to be an imitation of the childrens magic with the trees (seeing far away and entering dreams)

Though im always refining my theory as, like you, i dont believe the myths very much either and like answers that try to think out side of that box. It's just tough getting though all the information, every time i think i have, i seen something a different way that i used to. 

Archived