Dragons, only death can pay for life.

AlaskanSandman

Ok, so this is gonna be quick for now but i wanted to get the idea out there.

Targaryens (Skinchangers) must die for their spirit to go into the dragon eggs.

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys IX

When she woke the third time, a shaft of golden sunlight was pouring through the smoke hole of the tent, and her arms were wrapped around a dragon's egg. It was the pale one, its scales the color of butter cream, veined with whorls of gold and bronze (Viserion) , and Dany could feel the heat of it. Beneath her bedsilks, a finesheen of perspiration covered her bare skin. Dragondew, she thought. Her fingers trailed lightly across the surface of the shell, tracing the wisps of gold, and deep in the stone she felt something twist and stretch in response. 

and same chapter later.

No, she had known before she woke. Her dream came back to her, sudden and vivid, and she remembered the tall man with the copper skin and long silver-gold braid, bursting into flame.

She should weep, she knew, yet her eyes were dry as ash. She had wept in her dream, and the tears had turned to steam on her cheeks. All the grief has been burned out of me, she told herself. She felt sad, and yet … she could feel Rhaego receding from her, as if he had never been.

So the egg for Viserion was already alive by this point.

This is right after Rhaego died and Dany gave birth in the tent with the shadows. This is also long after Viserys is dead.

Viserion-Visery

Rhaegel-Rhaego (named for Rhaegar)

Drogon-Drogo

Drogo dies shortly later when Dany suffocates him. So all three spirits were in the eggs before the pyre and Viserys's egg already moving and alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aoFCZGr3LY

Whatch this video and ignore everything else except for the missing or dead Targaryens. Like Aerea and Rhalla, or Jaehaerys many dead children. Note also the Dragons hatching all around those times. I think this confirms my suspicion.

Maybe an incubation period is still needed.

Maybe Fire and Blood still needed to Hatch them, Idk. Though Miri was burned, not cut or stabbed, so no actual blood during the burning ceremony. Or maybe it's enough to give them to the flames. Either way, Dany has her spirits and sacrifices with Rhaego, Drogo, and Viserys.

Edit-Oops. Sorry, rushing and forgot to mention to think Varamyr Six Skin and second lifes and how his soul drifted.

34 minutes ago, Фейсал said:

Assuming you want to run with the most popular theory of Jon Snow being Azor Ahai, could Lightbringer be a dragon egg and Dany be Nissa Nissa?

Well im not sure yet how this could possibly effect anything in the story, and havnt had time to give it thought fully just yet.

There seems to be some suggestion that the Dayne Heir(ess), Daenerys will take up Nissa Nissa's role and forge her soul with that of Dawn or Long Claw. Im not sure fully. 

I also think the Others goal is to break the curse on them through the child of Dany and Jon (who is the walking dead). 

So maybe they have to let the great Other inhabit Dany's baby while in her womb so they can stab Dany in the Heart? Idk. Im trying to lock a few more things in place before i go to crack pot on the over all ending.

46 minutes ago, Фейсал said:

Assuming you want to run with the most popular theory of Jon Snow being Azor Ahai, could Lightbringer be a dragon egg and Dany be Nissa Nissa?

Shouldn't we first find the warrior who draws a burning sword from the fire ? If the answer is Dany, the answer to Lightbringer are Dragons. 

I can't see a dragon egg drawn out of a fire in the future. 

2 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

Shouldn't we first find the warrior who draws a burning sword from the fire ? If the answer is Dany, the answer to Lightbringer are Dragons. 

I can't see a dragon egg drawn out of a fire in the future. 

Yea i kinda wonder about Dawn and Light bringer being two separate things. Light Bringer being the dragons and Dawn and Nissa Nissa's role is different. Nissa Nissa may have been the original Light Bringer who brought dragons into the world. Just some pondering.

First trying to work out how she hatched dragons first though haha

"No one ever looked for a girl," he said. "It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought . . . the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King's Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet. What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it." Just talking of her seemed to make him stronger. "I must go to her. I must. Would that I was even ten years younger."

A Clash of Kings - Davos I

Melisandre was robed all in scarlet satin and blood velvet, her eyes as red as the great ruby that glistened at her throat as if it too were afire. "In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him." She lifted her voice, so it carried out over the gathered host. "Azor Ahai, beloved of R'hllor! The Warrior of Light, the Son of Fire! Come forth, your sword awaits you! Come forth and take it into your hand!"

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys III

' When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world."

A Feast for Crows - Brienne IV

Nimble Dick was unimpressed. "Crackbones fought a dragon too, but he didn't need no magic sword. He just tied its neck in a knot, so every time it breathed fire it roasted its own arse."

A Feast for Crows - Samwell V

Who do you think killed all the dragons the last time around? Gallant dragonslayers armed with swords?" He spat.

A Clash of Kings - Daenerys IV

"Three?" She did not understand.
. . . three heads has the dragon . . . the ghost chorus yammered inside her skull with never a lip moving, never a breath stirring the still blue air. . . . mother of dragons . . . child of storm . . . The whispers became a swirling song. . . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . . Her own heart was beating in unison to the one that floated before her, blue and corrupt . . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . . The voices were growing louder, she realized, and it seemed her heart was slowing, and even her breath. . . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .
"I don't . . ." Her voice was no more than a whisper, almost as faint as theirs. What was happening to her? "I don't understand," she said, more loudly. Why was it so hard to talk here? "Help me. Show me."

Drogo-Drogon-?3rd?

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys IX

"When will he be as he was?" Dany demanded.
"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Dany gestured at Ser Jorah and the others. "Leave us. I would speak with this maegi alone." Mormont and the Dothraki withdrew. "You knew," Dany said when they were gone. She ached, inside and out, but her fury gave her strength. "You knew what I was buying, and you knew the price, and yet you let me pay it."

The Sun rising in the west and setting in the east is Quentyn Martell the suns son, the seas could be the Dothraki Sea, the Mountains could be the Mereenese Pyramids.

A Storm of Swords - Daenerys II.

So many bricks, she thought, and so old and crumbling. Their fine red dust was everywhere, dancing down the gutters at each gust of wind. 

Closer to the bay, the city presented a fairer face. The great brick pyramids lined the shore, the largest four hundred feet high. All manner of trees and vines and flowers grew on their broad terraces, and the winds that swirled around them smelled green and fragrant. Another gigantic harpy stood atop the gate, this one made of baked red clay and crumbling visibly, with no more than a stub of her scorpion's tail remaining. The chain she grasped in her clay claws was old iron, rotten with rust. It was cooler down by the water, though. The lapping of the waves against the rotting pilings made a curiously soothing sound.

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys X

Then she saw the pale crescent moon, floating high above the grass, and it came to her that this was no more than her moon blood.

Moon blood, it's only my moon blood,

So her womb has quickened again...

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys X

Through the grass came a soft silvery tinkling.
Bells, Dany thought, smiling, remembering Khal Drogo, her sun-and-stars, and the bells he braided into his hair. When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves, when my womb quickens again and I bear a living child, Khal Drogo will return to me.
But none of those things had happened.

But they have....

1 hour ago, Фейсал said:

Dany is the AA archetype, her dragons are lightbringer and drogo was her nissa, all symbolically of course. rebirth is not real in ASOIAF 

16 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Dany is the AA archetype, her dragons are lightbringer and drogo was her nissa, all symbolically of course. rebirth is not real in ASOIAF 

There was literally a prologue dedicated to explaining that rebirth in ASOIAF is real and not symbolic.

He created a term for it, the second life, and the term is a known quantity in use universe.

A Storm of Swords - Jaime V

Like Aerion Brightfire before him, Aerys thought the fire would transform him . . . that he would rise again, reborn as a dragon, and turn all his enemies to ash.

They may have been closer than they thought, not knowing that this is actually kind of key to hatching dragons.

Could Bloodraven have been doing more than just trying to line out Aegon and Summerhall, trying to line up not just the right genetic hatcher, along with killing off Targs so their souls may go into the eggs?? Idk. I need to examine Summerhall and what was different.

3 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

You dont count Beric or Lady Stone Heart or Varamyrs efforts?

why would I? neither of them had to kill  their beloved  to forge a weapon. 

3 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

There was literally a prologue dedicated to explaining that rebirth in ASOIAF is real and not symbolic.

He created a term for it, the second life, and the term is a known quantity in use universe.

That isn't a rebirth at all. That is a skinchanger's mind occupying the body of an animal , not a rebirth after thousands of years. That is why they do not call it rebirth, but second life.  Rebirth does not exist in ASOIAF.  Past characters only exist as archetypes.
So far, Jon is TPTWP archetype,  born of the line of Rhaella and Aerys destined to fight for humanity. Dany could also be this, but so far she isn't fighting the ultimate evil, yet.  Dany is most likely the AA archetype. she killed her beloved and made flaming weapons. Jon could also be this, with his ice dream, especially if you consider the watch to be lightbringer, but even with that it is a stretch compared to Dany. Bran is the last hero. Traveling north to find the children of the forest to learn their secrets and magic to fight the impending invasion of the others. 
We don't have a night's king archetype yet, but stannis and his relations with a fire priestess and and the use of his seed for corrupt purposes makes him the closest so far 

7 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

That isn't a rebirth at all.

No it is, as that's how the text refers to it. What Jaime says Aerys hoped to do with a dragon was exactly what Varamyr did with a wolf, and accordingly GRRM specifically uses the word reborn.

16 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

and where is this text? 

Quoted two posts up. This is what rebirth will prove to be in the text, it happened to Drogo, it happened to Rhaego and it will happen again with more characters, including Dany fulfilling the rebirth prophecies.

10 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Quoted two posts up. This is what rebirth will prove to be in the text, it happened to Drogo, it happened to Rhaego and it will happen again with more characters, including Dany fulfilling the rebirth prophecies.

No, I mean the text in the book where they refer to the second life as a "rebirth" 

Archived